F1 Championship 2018 - Round 11 - Germany

Pretty much as I thought. Not sure I agree but this wasn't the same as the Kimi incident. That's their precedent now, at least at low speeds.

B-but Lewis is a protected species.

Those comparing it to the Kimi incident are a bit silly - compare the Baku and Hockenheim pit entries and also the speed of the cars at the time.

Reprimand is maybe a touch lenient but even if you were to give him the same as Kimi from 2016 it would merely be a 5 second time penalty, and it doesn't deserve the same level of punishment.

Take note all drivers, when you go into a stewards hearing, if you are 100% open with them all you will receive now is a reprimand as the precedent has now been set with their finding with Lewis

Even Forward Press you would have concede its things like this that give a lot of us cause to see him as massive flog.

Meh, they had a toxic relationship. Would you want to be interviewed by someone you don't like?

Even Forward Press you would have concede its things like this that give a lot of us cause to see him as massive flog.

I don't dispute that some of you see him as a flog.

What I dispute are the excuses used by some to justify it.

Re: Rosberg - he had various on track run ins with him, of which one was certainly Nico's fault. Sure Seb wouldn't mind being interviewed by Webber nowadays but that doesn't mean Lewis should be like Seb.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
B-but Lewis is a protected species.

Those comparing it to the Kimi incident are a bit silly - compare the Baku and Hockenheim pit entries and also the speed of the cars at the time.

Reprimand is maybe a touch lenient but even if you were to give him the same as Kimi from 2016 it would merely be a 5 second time penalty, and it doesn't deserve the same level of punishment.
They use the apex exactly where Lewis came back onto the circuit, it was not fully under SC at the time and someone could have easily been hit by his stupidity.

Back