Injury Hartlett's road to recovery

Remove this Banner Ad

What a way to top of the week, only one thing left now, that is a belting from North and a reaming from the umps to boot.

Hopefully hammer can bounce back and return to this seasons form next season.

What I find amazing is that it was less than 3 weeks after his ACL reco and he isnt wearing one of those knee braces, or if he is, they have bloody shrunk in the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I find amazing is that it was less than 3 weeks after his ACL reco and he isnt wearing one of those knee braces, or if he is, they have bloody shrunk in the last few years.

I’m not surprised. Different surgeons have different approaches.
Some are big on restricting movement etc, others think getting movement back into is asap is the best approach.... my surgeon was the latter. I did the acl and shredded my meniscus and they had me walking out without crutches or a brace within 24h.
From what I can make of it they have come a long way.

At the Club 1870 Event on Saturday we wondered over to the players facilities and saw the Maggies warm up. I was a bit of a straggler heading back to Port Club but Muftii and Fade to Gray had a chat to Hammer in the players lounge area and he told them he was going to start running this week which is 3 months after the operation. Maybe they can report on anything else he said.

He's running! Hopefully will be ready for pre-season?

I reckon he'll be back around round 3-4, but will complete most of pre-season in terms of conditioning and will be good to go.

EXPERIENCED Port Adelaide defender Hamish Hartlett is on track to return from a serious knee injury in time for the start of next season.

The 28-year-old played the first five rounds of the 2018 campaign before tearing the ACL in his right knee in a training drill on April 26.

Hartlett, who has played 153 games with the Power since being taken with the No.4 pick in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft, has been running laps during pre-season training and will increase his training loads early next year.

He expects he will return to full training as early as the end of January.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-06/seasons-greetings-the-aim-for-injured-port-defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Back