2018-07-23-GovSigns-hero.jpg

what is that signature

Dignity

JCHolmes

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Does anyone know where that Buddy Franklin and COLA funny video is ? Pretty sure it had its own thread was so funny I wanna show someone.

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
They are becoming the North Melbourne of the West no one of top end quality wants a bar of them , they just use the North’s and the Purples interest to hike up their eventual price at their Club.

Second thought they are becoming the Fitzroy of the West ..... tredding water at best.

They are going nowhere with RTB as their coach..... I do hope like hell they give him a lengthy extension:D .... the Guy is an egocentric , bombastic, arrogant w***er.

I think calling him a coach is a stretch. Other than that, all good.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Who knows what it is.

It’s surprising that it’s more than $1m I reckon. I think he must have been genuine about being open to other options.

No he wasn’t

He’s from wa ...loves his family ....loves wa

Loves the club

He’s worth 1.1million

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
No he wasn’t

He’s from wa ...loves his family ....loves wa

Loves the club

He’s worth 1.1million

That makes him in the top handful of best paid players in the league. I think that’s only justified if he was open to leaving. If he wanted to stay then $1m would have been enough IMO. A lot of better players than him on less.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
AAACockburn said:
Looking forward to the derby when Walters lines up on him.
He tore Mcgovern a new one the last time they played.

another classic from the freo board about the Gov.....

what the??

Well to be fair Walters is Freo's forward line. It's not like we are going to bother manning up McCarthy or Tabaner lol.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Let’s be clear - as Jack Riewoldt said on AFL360 tonight, reporters inflate the numbers on offer. Not a single poster has a clue what McGovern is getting and reporters are guessing.

I laugh at reading 1.1 versus 1.2 mln. No doubt the money is substantial but if you think you know the fine details, you are playing with yourself.

We should just be happy we have kept Gov at the club. Our club has an excellent track record of being commercially great. Drafting second rounders and midfielders is our Achilles Heel. Let’s relax and celebrate.

Last edited:

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
That makes him in the top handful of best paid players in the league. I think that’s only justified if he was open to leaving. If he wanted to stay then $1m would have been enough IMO. A lot of better players than him on less.

It’s about his role

How often does he drop a mark ....how often does he fall over ....how often does he give away a free kick ....geez not many

The guy is a bloody star and structure wise a cornerstone of our success

He’s durable ...doesn’t get suspended and is a good club man

He’s worth it

He just doesn’t look like a million dollar man, pale skinned ..with a layer of puppy fat but the gut can seriously play

numbat06

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon he's getting paid under 1m a year, probably why it was a hard decision 800/900k to stay or 1.1/1.2m to leave. West coast has good list management, they wouldn't get into a bidding war to retain him at the detriment of the rest of the list. Think about it, there's Yeo, Gaff, Shuey, Nat, Kennedy, Darling who are gun players, if they were all on media reported figures there'd be no space for the rest.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
The only people that would know the true value i'd imagine, would be.

Gov
Gov's wife
Gov's manager
Eagles List manager and whoever signs off on the dollar amount, don't think there would be too many who would be involved in that for privacy reasons.

Everyone else would be just guessing what the actual value issue, based on what they assume the other clubs were offering, the only way they would know that is the club in question was owning up to their offer and i highly doubt that would be the case, that would cause a s**t storm internally.

mick06

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United; San D uh LA Chargers
The only people that would know the true value i'd imagine, would be.

Gov
Gov's wife
Gov's manager
Eagles List manager and whoever signs off on the dollar amount, don't think there would be too many who would be involved in that for privacy reasons.

Everyone else would be just guessing what the actual value issue, based on what they assume the other clubs were offering, the only way they would know that is the club in question was owning up to their offer and i highly doubt that would be the case, that would cause a s**t storm internally.
If Gov is smart, the wife won't know the true figure

Back