Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

His drop punt from the boundary to put six points on the board after the team missing so many just steadied the ship at the right time.

Yep.

Is the absolute epitome of a role player. Take marks, link up between the midfield and forward group and finally, kick goals.

Doesn't need to do lots of each KPI but enough to keep the team ticking over and once again tonight showed just how valuable a role player is to a team.

Will play his 50th game 7 years and 1 month (almost exactly) after his debut. Well done big fella, kick a bag :thumbsu:

Ridiculous, There are players from that draft that have had entire careers at multiple clubs and have now long retired and there are players nearing or past 200 games.

Unbelievable journeymanship

Last edited:
Drafted in 2008.

5 games a year haha. Definition of a journeyman.

Admirable persistence, well done Mitch.

Given he has twice broken his leg he has done well to stay on this far. Much better player than people give him credit for.

I'm enjoying his work up forward this year. Its actually pretty huge for the club that guys like McKernan and Brown have stood up for us in the forward line. I'd definitely be wanting to keep him on the list since he's proven himself handy up forward and in defense. That's really useful depth in my opinion.

Hes a certainty to be at the club still next year. Has kicked 10 goals in last 6 games. Will never cost heaps and can play both ends and also pinch hit ruck if really required.

Loving his game recently, a forward line leader of sorts and his contested marking has been fantastic.

Also looks a lot like this guy or am I crazy?
download.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put my hand up and say I've been guilty of under-rating this fella, but has been pretty decent this year - has a great tank, provides a contest even if he doesnt have the marking prowess of some of our other forward options like Daniher/Smack

Really stepped up last night. The mids torched him early by bombing it into him and 3 Swans but mid second quarter and after half time he really got himself into the game from good old pure gut running. Took important marks and kicked important goals when it was needed. Just a really impressive game.

Really stepped up last night. The mids torched him early by bombing it into him and 3 Swans but mid second quarter and after half time he really got himself into the game from good old pure gut running. Took important marks and kicked important goals when it was needed. Just a really impressive game.

Absolutely changed the dynamic of our fwd line in the second half. Was good to see us honour and use him

Ridiculous, There are players from that draft that have had entire careers at multiple clubs and have now long retired and there are players nearing or past 200 games.

Unbelievable journeymanship

Just went back to look back at that 2008 draft class. Lots and lots of almost players in there. We have actually done very well out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back