Player Watch #6 Jordan Lewis - 300

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Alistair Clarkson doesn't do 1 on 1 technical skill training.

Not true, I hear he teaches the odd Excel class. Good for stats.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Mate Richmond kick it off the ground about 20 times a game, and when we have such a good press we get it toward 50 anyway we can. Part of the reason I think we are happy to keep bombing the ball long into our 50 as it stays there or rebound back 7/10.

That and Gawn described the ball as a bar of soap, it’s playing the conditions. Salem was our only player with clean skills all night.

I have no issues kicking of the ground, but the 3 times lewis did it nearly took off an opponents hands. It was lazy, he should of tried to win the footy first.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
4 x Premierships and been through reconstructive hair transplant surgery. That kind of experience is priceless.

Wonder if he sees himself as a Melbourne player or hawks player? Debatable where he has played his best footy.
Need the father/son rule to be reduced to 30 games.

Are they counting Gawns miss? Hunt missed a torpedo after the siren moments later.
Hunts miss would be the 5th.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I dont reckon he's been as terrible as many round here think he has been this year. Its just his pace that makes him a liability at times in the backline, but that is hardly his fault, the coach wants him back there, direct your venom at Goodwin.

Gotta admire anyone who can make it to 300 games, even if he is a shell of the player he once was.

The talk around him and next year from the coach seems to indicate that the ball is very much in his court, which i do find a bit weird, but perhaps we phase him out and play him a bit less in 2019 if he does go on. Time for someone to put their hand up and take his spot, cause right now we dont have many options even if he was to be dropped.

But for this week at least, congrats on 300 games and a fantastic career, Jordan :thumbsu:

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I dont reckon he's been as terrible as many round here think he has been this year. Its just his pace that makes him a liability at times in the backline, but that is hardly his fault, the coach wants him back there, direct your venom at Goodwin.

Gotta admire anyone who can make it to 300 games, even if he is a shell of the player he once was.

The talk around him and next year from the coach seems to indicate that the ball is very much in his court, which i do find a bit weird, but perhaps we phase him out and play him a bit less in 2019 if he does go on. Time for someone to put their hand up and take his spot, cause right now we dont have many options even if he was to be dropped.

But for this week at least, congrats on 300 games and a fantastic career, Jordan :thumbsu:

Overall he is pretty good but what shits me and all other fans is when he will randomly put in an absolutely horrible effort (The lack of a shepherd against Freo, multiple times he just throws a boot at the ball rather than trying to pick it up). He has been a gun player and had a superb career no doubt, just hard to stomach some s**t efforts from a guy who has built a rep on his unflinching attack on the ball.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

He has been great for the club, but as schmutt says it's the occasional complete lack of effort that is just slowly creeping more into his game, if he recognises and gets rid of that asap, then he remains more than useful.

There was an article in the age I think it was today about Brayshaw re-signing and Brayshaw was saying how much of a positive influence Lewis has had on him and the club.

Overall he is pretty good but what shits me and all other fans is when he will randomly put in an absolutely horrible effort (The lack of a shepherd against Freo, multiple times he just throws a boot at the ball rather than trying to pick it up). He has been a gun player and had a superb career no doubt, just hard to stomach some s**t efforts from a guy who has built a rep on his unflinching attack on the ball.

I reckon if we pulled up Petracca's tape this year we could find more offences than what Lewis has committed. Not saying you have overlook Petracca's ordinary year or anything, cause you clearly haven't in posts I've seen, but for some supporters its much easier to point the finger at guys we have brought in from other clubs when things go wrong. Every supporter base is always looking for a reason to say veterans are past it at every club, especially if that player isn't their own club legend.

Id more than happily move on from him but its not like we have anyone in that role at Casey at the moment that is better. Hopefully Fritsch becomes the quality user out of defense we require to go with Hibbo next year and beyond.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I reckon if we pulled up Petracca's tape this year we could find more offences than what Lewis has committed. Not saying you have overlook Petracca's ordinary year or anything, cause you clearly haven't in posts I've seen, but for some supporters its much easier to point the finger at guys we have brought in from other clubs when things go wrong. Every supporter base is always looking for a reason to say veterans are past it at every club, especially if that player isn't their own club legend.

Id more than happily move on from him but its not like we have anyone in that role at Casey at the moment that is better. Hopefully Fritsch becomes the quality user out of defense we require to go with Hibbo next year and beyond.

I've been critical of Trac but I'm a lot more forgiving to a kid still making his way in the game vs our vice captain who should be going every time no questions asked (Not really that relevant but I've been happy with Tracs last 3 games and thought his 2nd half vs Geelong was excellent).

I've been critical of Trac but I'm a lot more forgiving to a kid still making his way in the game vs our vice captain who should be going every time no questions asked (Not really that relevant but I've been happy with Tracs last 3 games and thought his 2nd half vs Geelong was excellent).

I thought Trac was good vs Geelong too, but as LeBron famously said; "its about damn time"

I dont think anyone should questions Lewis' desire to go when its his turn. Just look at the time he was knocked out for Hawthorn when Harbrow cleaned him up. Probably just a case of old legs and a brain fart at the time. Im not going to hang a bloke who has never flinched or been scared to do the hard stuff over his career for one or two incidents this year.

Brock 'n' Roll

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pistons, Storm, NY Mets
Congrats on 300 games Lewy! As much as i can get frustrated with your efforts sometime and lack of speed the groups speaks very highly of what you have brought to our club and i have no doubt that is true. 300 games is a massive effort well done hopefully we can get the points!

Back