Preview Round 19, 2018 Essendon Vs Sydney @the home away from home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Foote offers us much. He gets a ton of the ball at NEAFL level but its a long way off the AFL. He seems to have a very good engine but is not an elite user nor is he going to win it at the coal face. More of a very average first receiver. We have enough of them.
Keen to see Dawson again. 23 tackles can not be ignored, surely.

So you have watched the NEAFL this year or any other year? Foote is not a receiver he is an extractor. He is a ball winner and this year he has added ball deliverer. His efficiency is about 85%. That is elite. Very much unlike the Jordan foote of last year. He has worked very hard on all facets of his game. I applaud the kid for all the work he has doe and I now believe it will pay off.

So you have watched the NEAFL this year or any other year? Foote is not a receiver he is an extractor. He is a ball winner and this year he has added ball deliverer. His efficiency is about 85%. That is elite. Very much unlike the Jordan foote of last year. He has worked very hard on all facets of his game. I applaud the kid for all the work he has doe and I now believe it will pay off.

Yep when he is full time neafl next year after his delisting

Also I forgot but when did that game happen years ago where it was at the SCG and Essendon kicked a goal in the dying seconds but moments before that the ball had clearly gone over the boundary line, though the boundary umpire missed it? Was it around 2006/2007?
Sounds about right. Some statsnerd will nail it.

Yep when he is full time neafl next year after his delisting

Really and you would keep Marsh? You are a big Marsh man as far as I can remember. He will be delisted and don't be surprised if Foote isn't. I don't favour any player but applaud players who set out to improve their game and do. Marsh has not improved one bit. Foote has. Rose, Robbo, Towers etc have not improved either. Deano has gome backward, Robbo the same. At least the kid is trying his hardest and improving his skills in a measured and constructive way.

If it we're so I probly wouldn't mind. He's great.

They could play Hooker forward to help out Stringer Bell?

Brown, Stringer v Reg, Aliir
allows Rampe to play on say Tipungwuti whos a ripping mark and would smash a Lloyd or Jones one out.

Just unsure it's worth losing run
If we can get going in the middle Rampe and Aliir should be able to handle Stringer and Brown.
But who can say with confidence that will happen.

No Grundy certainly makes us less predictable and looking ahead we have the Magpies and Demons, not big forward lines either.
So maybe we keep on without Reg and let the new duo work on their game?

Really tough one spose it comes down to whether they see Grundy playing a part in finals.

Our backline was a joke last week without Reg. We need Reg.

Buddy hasn’t looked right or even close to dominating anyone lately. Some of his goals have been to one on one frees which makes him still a good contributor but long way off the Buddy we saw in round 1. Essendon supporters shaking in their boots about Buddy based on history and hopefully that repeats but it’s more likely our avenues to goal depend on the small brigade and mids hitting the score board and McCartin finally bringing his kicking boots.

Well if Idiot keeps playing him one out on three in the forward line then he will never dominate. His strength is his ability to run his opponents off their feet. His ability to run upthe ground and break games apart. Longmire is a fool who is wasting the best player to play the game.

Anyone else dislike how the message out of the Suns loss from the playing group/coach seems to be “we were too complacent, we’ve addressed it and we are moving forward now.” Seems a little arrogant to me and I would’ve thought surely it would serve as more of a gamechanger for this team than just a little blip on the radar ? I mean they lost to the worst team in the comp!

I agree and think we are on a hiding to nothing this week. Bombers will flog us if we have this attitude.

Thats a real positive if Foote is coming on now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who want to relive a great moment.

Ha! I well remember that. I was visiting Melbourne, unable to get to the game, and listening to the final moments on the radio of a taxi as I headed back to my hotel. By the time I'd made it back into the lobby and dashed up to my room and switched on my laptop in a state of considerable agitation, the game had just finished. But what was so weird was that there was this incredible silence on the internet for half a minute or so, like no-one had a clue what to say yet.

I think we have a half decent list. Its the list sitting in the box that needs to get its s**t together!

I agree totally. Last week the coaching panel or Horse really, as he has last say, didn't do anything that gives me any confidence that they can win this one from the box.

I've watched some NEAFL this year. Clearly not as much as you. I confess I find it hard to watch, the standard is so ordinary at times. I think Foote will struggle to make an impact at AFL level. But I could easily be wrong. I admire your support for him and appreciate he has worked hard. He does have great endurance.

Really and you would keep Marsh? You are a big Marsh man as far as I can remember. He will be delisted and don't be surprised if Foote isn't. I don't favour any player but applaud players who set out to improve their game and do. Marsh has not improved one bit. Foote has. Rose, Robbo, Towers etc have not improved either. Deano has gome backward, Robbo the same. At least the kid is trying his hardest and improving his skills in a measured and constructive way.

Me a big marsh man? Nope

He’s ok, do I have to choose between the two?

I really enjoy reading your stuff especially on the ressies so maybe Foote will prove me wrong, but I don’t see it

Heeney needs to play forward this week. Dawson needs time on the ball early. Very surprised Newman got picked. Glad grundy is back so fox doesn't have to play full back

Really? He only got 29 in the NEAFL last week in losing side. Although he did kick 3 goals and get 23 tackles. How does anyone get 23 tackles?

I was not serious. I just want to see him get a run in the guts and look confident at the level

Heeney needs to play forward this week. Dawson needs time on the ball early. Very surprised Newman got picked. Glad grundy is back so fox doesn't have to play full back

I feel like Heeney is our best midfielder

I think Franklin, Ronke, Papley. Hayward, mccartin is a good forward line, rest parker and Heeney there for sure

I agree totally. Last week the coaching panel or Horse really, as he has last say, didn't do anything that gives me any confidence that they can win this one from the box.

Yep players should keep the headphones in during the pre match and just go out and play fun aggressive and adventurous footy,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back