Low content, random news, off topic

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol @ obst being the best aussie player. He isnt even the best aussie tourny player, let alone actual player

https://theringer.com/phil-ivey-world-series-of-poker-51cd56b8cccf

Re Ivey's bust-out hand against Moneymaker (to finish 10th) in the 2003 ME:
It wasn’t clear to Ivey in that moment. It wasn’t clear to anyone in attendance, then or long after. But that hand was one of the most important hands of poker ever played. If Ivey would have won the hand, he likely would have started the final table as the chip leader. He may have even beat a record field and win the 2003 World Championship. Instead some internet player named Moneymaker won, and within three years poker would grow in popularity by an order of magnitude. Ivey would make many millions of dollars in tournaments with massive fields of amateur players and online cash games filled with fish flush with cash. He’d earn even more millions in endorsement deals and through his own internet poker site, Full Tilt Poker. That ace on the river may have cost Ivey the 2003 World Championship, but it also made him rich beyond his wildest dreams. If Phil Ivey had won that pot, poker as we know it might have been delayed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7874 runners! No online poker = hungry for live play?

The WSOP ME is obv the most +EV tourney of the year, anyone who knows hand rankings should play.

I hope they rip into Matusow! Is that Melb time?
Good game to watch!
I actually like Matusow. He has his quirks but believe he has dealt with a fair few challenges off the table as well. He's chilled out quite a lot since his early days.

Watched a video recently of someone slow rolling him with quads (might have been Shaun Deeb) which was just a dog act IMO and I doubt he does to anyone else on the circuit. Totally undeserved.

I actually like Matusow. He has his quirks but believe he has dealt with a fair few challenges off the table as well. He's chilled out quite a lot since his early days.

Watched a video recently of someone slow rolling him with quads (might have been Shaun Deeb) which was just a dog act IMO and I doubt he does to anyone else on the circuit. Totally undeserved.
I dont know the story, but dan negreanu has a bit of beef with him. And i am a massive negreanu fan!
Hence my reasoning lol
Wouldnt mind knowing facts though lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back