Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
To everyone who keeps bringing up the same old "no good in big games" "should be traded" garbage :handpointup:

Parker plays a team role. There is a pecking order and Kennedy is at the top Parker is #2. Coincidence that when JPK is well held Parker lifts his game? I don't think so.

The perfect clubman and a great vice captain/future captain.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Coincidence that when JPK is well held Parker lifts his game? I don't so.

Well, given it has rarely happened in the past that Parker has truly stepped up when Kennedy is poor, it may well be a coincidence.

One game doesn't alter the argument about his consistency in big games or with Kennedy not playing well. Multiple games will. Consistency will. He was sensational but he's got to back it up now.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
He really needs to get back off the mark. He always takes one or two steps back and fakes handballs, he then sees a target and has to try kick around the mark, which results in a poor kick or a smother....just get back and give ya self some room parks..

Jones is a good one for that aswell

salty at mrp for nic nat getting a week for a less dangerous incident than Parker, but happy for Parker getting off. Why would we be salty over Parker getting off? That would be childish.

Yet some are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another good performance in a 'big' game. Parker's hardly been the problem.

I’ve been impressed as someone who as marked him hard

He fought through a fair bit of pain last night

Just wish we could get him more room, seems to be in the heat a lot and no room to move

Ideally we free him up to be forward more too. But think Heeney being knocked out ruined that a bit

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ve been impressed as someone who as marked him hard

He fought through a fair bit of pain last night

Just wish we could get him more room, seems to be in the heat a lot and no room to move

Ideally we free him up to be forward more too. But think Heeney being knocked out ruined that a bit

I've always liked him forward, he's a very good mark for his size. The only problem is, if he's played forward, he's wasted as everyone just looks for Franklin.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
He and Sinclair both lifted in the last quarter after being pretty uninspiring for the first 3 quarters. Turned the midfield smashing we were getting around.
True that. While it was disappointing how they played in the first 3 quarters, it's a sign of a good player that they can dig deep and turn their game around!

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
There isn't much to be pleased about right now, but I genuinely think Parker is doing everything he can to lead the side and work hard to make a difference in the team right now. He's been busting his arse out there with Aliir and Kennedy over the last month, good on him.

Good year as an individual player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back