Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Remove this Banner Ad

Except it's not.
2018 Eagles 17 18.1 13.0 31.1
2017 Eagles 24 17.2 12.5 29.7
2016 Eagles 22 16.9 12.9 29.9
2015 Eagles 25 16.6 12.9 29.5
2014 Eagles 22 15.6 8.6 24.3
2013 Eagles 22 12.1 7.8 19.9
2012 Eagles 24 15.6 9.0 24.6
2011 Eagles 17 10.1 7.7 17.8

Gaff was getting an extra 4 possessions a game in a top for side compared with LOB in the bottom side
Firstly I wasn't comparing him to LOB.

But he had 29 plus touches 3 times and another 4 games with 20 plus.
He also played two games with 20% game time and another two with 30% so if you take those four games out he averaged over 20 touches a game which is huge for a first year outside player.

Club would not have drafted him at 10 with a view of him being a defender

He is a future midfielder all day long
I see him as a future midfielder as well but you look how much of the ball players like Laird, Doc, Hodge ect get than I think that roll is not really a downgrade on importance to a mid. After saying that his assets scream wingman

Last edited:
Firstly I wasn't comparing him to LOB.

But he had 29 plus touches 3 times and another 4 games with 20 plus.
He also played two games with 20% game time and another two with 30% so if you take those four games out he averaged over 20 touches a game which is huge for a first year outside player.
His is a thread on LOB and you stated a Gaff type player would be perfect for us

Doesn't matter how many good games Gaff had in 2011 it is not the same as averaging 30 possession a game like you stated. In fact this is the first year he has averaged 30 possessions a game ( has averaged 29 for the last 4 years)

His is a thread on LOB and you stated a Gaff type player would be perfect for us

Doesn't matter how many good games Gaff had in 2011 it is not the same as averaging 30 possession a game like you stated. In fact this is the first year he has averaged 30 possessions a game ( has averaged 29 for the last 4 years)
No I didn't I said he was getting 30 touch games. Completely different to averaging 30 touches.

LOB is hard to make comparisons to because there arn't a hell of a lot of players like him. The first ones that come to mind are Smith, Hill, Polec and Gaff but comparing first seasons is pretty pointless imo

Except it's not.
2018 Eagles 17 18.1 13.0 31.1
2017 Eagles 24 17.2 12.5 29.7
2016 Eagles 22 16.9 12.9 29.9
2015 Eagles 25 16.6 12.9 29.5
2014 Eagles 22 15.6 8.6 24.3
2013 Eagles 22 12.1 7.8 19.9
2012 Eagles 24 15.6 9.0 24.6
2011 Eagles 17 10.1 7.7 17.8

Gaff was getting an extra 4 possessions a game in a top for side compared with LOB in the bottom side
Anyone notice that third year stagnation?

Would've been delisted if the Carlton BF list managers had their way

Yep. Next year we will have Cripps Kennedy Curnow maybe Miles that can handle the inside work. Dow/SPS are both outside/inside. Then to have Fisher O'Brien Pickett on the outside, the Charlie X factor, Doc/Willo/Cunners/Byrne running off HB looks very good to me. The balance is there
Yep, we need 2 more combined inside/outside players in the Kelly/Shiel mold. Not saying to get those 2 exactly, but Shiel + Gaff is my dream.

No I didn't I said he was getting 30 touch games. Completely different to averaging 30 touches.

LOB is hard to make comparisons to because there arn't a hell of a lot of players like him. The first ones that come to mind are Smith, Hill, Polec and Gaff but comparing first seasons is pretty pointless imo

Gaff had a pretty good year with some big numbers in certain games towards the end of the year. But again, he was part of a very accomplished midfield which included Priddis Embley , Shuey, Hurn, Rosa, 2 selwoods, Kerr , Cox and Nic Nat. I maintain that it is much easier for a young player to go well if they are 6-7th in the midfield pecking order, which Gaff was. Additionally the Cox Nic Nat combination was pretty lethal. LOB is having to shoulder the primary rotation at times and that is way more than any other first year midfielder is being asked to do. gaff.png lob.png wce11.png

It's good you and your friends have an opinion.
Be delusional if it makes you feel better but it’s supporters like you that I’m embarrassed for.
As for opinions, the people on this board remind me of the leftist greens...if someone’s opinion is different to yours then belittle them because your opinion must be the right one.

Gaff had a pretty good year with some big numbers in certain games towards the end of the year. But again, he was part of a very accomplished midfield which included Priddis Embley , Shuey, Hurn, Rosa, 2 selwoods, Kerr , Cox and Nic Nat. I maintain that it is much easier for a young player to go well if they are 6-7th in the midfield pecking order, which Gaff was. Additionally the Cox Nic Nat combination was pretty lethal. LOB is having to shoulder the primary rotation at times and that is way more than any other first year midfielder is being asked to do. View attachment 533652 View attachment 533653 View attachment 533655
Beat me to the punch there, nubster!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be delusional if it makes you feel better but it’s supporters like you that I’m embarrassed for.
As for opinions, the people on this board remind me of the leftist greens...if someone’s opinion is different to yours then belittle them because your opinion must be the right one.
cause trees are bad.......

...if someone’s opinion is different to yours then belittle them because your opinion must be the right one.
which is exactly what you did. so you're the leftist green?

What’s wrong with a leftie green

Land rights for gay whales

You're a gay whale.

LOB will be a solid 22+ possession HBF/Winger with elite delivery.

Perhaps my memory and age do me a disservice here, but did Hodge and McLeod spend their core years playing as defensive rebounders?

Feel like that may have been a late-career transition.

McLeod often played HBF starting early in his career. His first Norm Smith came from the impact he had moving from there into the centre after half time. Hodge the same, played an intercepting and rebounding role from early in his career.

cause trees are bad.......
Trees are good it’s the tree huggers that are bad ,especially when they control governments that won’t let you cut them down and then people who have houses built too close die in bushfires.....greenies go real quiet when that happens.

he is playing deadset like gaff did in his first season. cool thing is he can learn from him first hand when we sign gaff ...

in 2029 lol

I lean to the left ... what’s wrong with that?

It’s because I have one leg longer than the other

Anyway GS you need to lighten up

It's not about opinions mate you were wrong, read your post again you were the one who come up with another opinion and wrongly thought it was right. If you want conflict all the time go join the Army, you wont get anymore from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back