Toast Pick #10 - Welcome to Carlton Lochie O'Brien!

Trees are good it’s the tree huggers that are bad ,especially when they control governments that won’t let you cut them down and then people who have houses built too close die in bushfires.....greenies go real quiet when that happens.
doesn't get much more ignorant than this

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Gaff had a pretty good year with some big numbers in certain games towards the end of the year. But again, he was part of a very accomplished midfield which included Priddis Embley , Shuey, Hurn, Rosa, 2 selwoods, Kerr , Cox and Nic Nat. I maintain that it is much easier for a young player to go well if they are 6-7th in the midfield pecking order, which Gaff was. Additionally the Cox Nic Nat combination was pretty lethal. LOB is having to shoulder the primary rotation at times and that is way more than any other first year midfielder is being asked to do. View attachment 533652 View attachment 533653 View attachment 533655
Keep in mind that Gaff's nickname for that season was Kermit. This is because he would regularly start the game as the sub.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Be delusional if it makes you feel better but it’s supporters like you that I’m embarrassed for.
As for opinions, the people on this board remind me of the leftist greens...if someone’s opinion is different to yours then belittle them because your opinion must be the right one.

No. It's debate/discussion. If you post an opinion and a lot don't agree that's fine. You may then change your opinion based on evidence/opinion or stick to your guns. No issue either way.

I'm tired of people saying they can't have an opinion etc because a lot of people agree with them. NO ONE has said you can't have an opinion but never expect everyone to agree. I post things that people have a go at. That's a forum. Some people just seem to revert to being a victim when the majority disagree.

If it's too much don't post.

Last edited:
No. It's debate/discussion. If you post an opinion and a lot don't agree that's fine. You may then change your opinion based on evidence/opinion or stick to your guns. No issue either way.

I'm tired of people saying they can't have an opinion etc because a lot of people agree with them. NO ONE has said you can't have an opinion but never expect everyone to agree. I post things that people have a go at. That's a forum. Some people just seem to revert to being a victim when the majority disagree.

If it's too much don't post.
I am not sure that is true.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Just seems to me there are some posters who are not that tolerant of others views particularly in the Gameday and Autopsy threads.

......and there are some that overreact to everything. As long as the comments aren't personal I have no issue. If you're going to post on a forum like this you're going to have to accept that people will disagree and some stronger than others. If that doesn't suit then I suggest they don't post

Just seems to me there are some posters who are not that tolerant of others views particularly in the Gameday and Autopsy threads.
But no one is saying can’t have an opinion

Fact is people won’t always agree .. particularly on an Internet forum

Those threads you mention above are loaded with emotion, but differing opinions in other threads create some great discussion.

I’ve never read on here no one can have an opinion .. that’s a big stretch

But no one is saying can’t have an opinion

Fact is people won’t always agree .. particularly on an Internet forum

Those threads you mention above are loaded with emotion, but differing opinions in other threads create some great discussion.

I’ve never read on here no one can have an opinion .. that’s a big stretch
getting sick of your open-minded take on stuff...........

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No I didn't I said he was getting 30 touch games. Completely different to averaging 30 touches.

LOB is hard to make comparisons to because there arn't a hell of a lot of players like him. The first ones that come to mind are Smith, Hill, Polec and Gaff but comparing first seasons is pretty pointless imo

I think Tom Phillips from Collingwood is the best comparison for LOB. Stick him on a wing and let his running power do it’s thing.

Back