Post your ride...

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't commute
We train
Had one of you *ers go over my boot because he couldn't stop in time.
(as a bus pulled out in front of me)
Boot copped a dent, cracked my window.
He got back on his bike, rode down a side street, couldn't get his rego (as you guys don't have them).
Out of pocket $320.

Pay rego.

Cheers.

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
Just came in to be a motorist and say **** you ;)
How dare you commute.
That is all.
Ride safe.

They do say that men who only drive cars and are scared to wear lycra are lacking in the package.

Seems it's true.

They do say that men who only drive cars and are scared to wear lycra are lacking in the package.

Seems it's true.

Either that or they prefer to do it at the gym.
That way they're not a complete nuisance to the rest of the world.
But hey, you bike riders enjoy that.

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
That way they're not a complete nuisance to the rest of the world.
But hey, you bike riders enjoy that.

I would have thought all the people who have died or been smashed up due to car drivers actions outweigh anything caused by cyclists by an enormous amount.

And yet all you're worried about is cyclists.

I think you'll find your priorities and ideas are all ****ed up.

I would have thought all the people who have died or been smashed up due to car drivers actions outweigh anything caused by cyclists by an enormous amount.

And yet all you're worried about is cyclists.

I think you'll find your priorities and ideas are all stuffed up.

Do you hit people with your bike/car?

Had one of you gooses go over my boot because he couldn't stop in time.
He got back on his bike, rode down a side street, couldn't get his rego (as you guys don't have them).
Out of pocket $320.

Pay rego.

Cheers.
As long as the bike was ok

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Had one of you gooses go over my boot because he couldn't stop in time.
Out of pocket $320.

Pay rego.

Cheers.

Imagine another car run up your ass instead of a bike. Out of pocket $3200. Looks like you had lucky day.

road rule tip, if buses have their right indicator on they actually have right of way at any time. all the best. ;)

Imagine another car run up your ass instead of a bike. Out of pocket $3200. Looks like you had lucky day.

Heard of insurance?

road rule tip, if buses have their right indicator on they actually have right of way at any time. all the best. ;)

No indicator, am completely aware of this law.
The bust stopped afterwards, and apologized to me.

Freakie

Cool cool cool
10k Posts Pantskyle Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Todd Banfield 2010 Player Sponsor
Oct 23, 2009
Fitzroy?
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Roys FC
Not thread people.

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
frame.jpg

Heart break

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Tour of Riverland. 100 metres from finish in HC race. Bunch sprint. Guy in front of me has his wheel taken out in front of him. He goes down, I have nowehere to go so i was skittled as well. Happened at about 60 clicks so pretty lucky considerinng i only popped my AC joint and got some road rash.

I have insurance so will get a replacement, its just annoying how long it can take.

Badly buckled an Enve rim as well.

Croweater

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2013
Somewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC, Arsenal FC,
Tour of Riverland. 100 metres from finish in HC race. Bunch sprint. Guy in front of me has his wheel taken out in front of him. He goes down, I have nowehere to go so i was skittled as well. Happened at about 60 clicks so pretty lucky considerinng i only popped my AC joint and got some road rash.

I have insurance so will get a replacement, its just annoying how long it can take.

That's terrible mate. It's a good thing you're okay though. Bad luck about the frame and the wheel.

My bike's a fully custom job, so if I crashed it, I'd be devastated. I don't think I could go through replacing it through insurance, due to sentimentality.

Luckily, the worst thing that's happened to me on my bike is getting a cleat stuck on a loose pavement tile at Glenelg before fully clipping in, falling over and knocking the rear derailleur out of whack.

A few swear words in front of small children, a walk to Bike Station to fix it up, slight cosmetic damage on the rear derailleur and a loss of pride was all I had to deal with. :oops:

Enve rims- damn

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

steve4445

All Australian
Jul 18, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
not too keen to have a repaired carbon frame TBH especially since its now been replaced.
fully understand mate, I have a slight hairline crack about 1cm on my frame i want to have fixed, it has been like it since i bought the bike and i just want it done for peace of mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back