Autopsy Round 19 vs Carlton, Metricon Stadium, 7:25pm, 28 July 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

May is stupid but nobody can ever say he doesn't care. Love his heart.
Jog on. If your team had a single player with half of May's passion you wouldn't be getting wooden spoons. He won't get suspended because his cat opponent flinched into the hit. Can't wait to see him laying out Lions in round 22.

Was gobsmacked Leslie didn't come and May to the Forward line. Was obvious after the 15 minute mark a lack of height up forward.
When Wright had to go up and chop out in the ruck it became obvious that we would struggle.

Was gobsmacked Leslie didn't come and May to the Forward line. Was obvious after the 15 minute mark a lack of height up forward.
Nah the midfield lose the war , the Forward and defense lose the battle .

Wil Powell may as well be a witches hat. The kid is cooked and then there’s Ainsworth in the NEAFL.
The kid isn't cooked, he's just young and inexperienced. Granted he shouldn't have played, Ainsworth was average in the NEAFL in what was his NEAFL debut! I'd play Ainsworth in the NEAFL until he can show discipline.

Jog on. If your team had a single player with half of May's passion you wouldn't be getting wooden spoons. He won't get suspended because his cat opponent flinched into the hit. Can't wait to see him laying out Lions in round 22.
You need to calm down 17er - Old mate is right.

Maysie has a hockey players brain, Trying to fire up the team with a big hit. Can't question his heart though.

s**t night out, hopefully make it home by 1am to drink myself into oblivion.

You need to calm down 17er - Old mate is right.

Maysie has a hockey players brain, Trying to fire up the team with a big hit. Can't question his heart though.

s**t night out, hopefully make it home by 1am to drink myself into oblivion.
Bears fan comes in and calls our Captain stupid, he's gonna cop a spray and a home truth in reply.

Whoever said GC still look better than Carlton should get another Ban. This kind of false positive vibe is slowly killing me softly .
Passive aggressive doesn't suit you. Just keep on with your left field analysis and you'll be fine.

I'm now going to agree with 17er. Find a new CHB may to full forward next year.
He'd be the next Buddy. How good was it when he went forward? Meantime, Leslie is wasted in the NEAFL and we have no tall forwards when Wright chops out in the ruck. Been a problem all year with the Match Committee failing to pick enough talls.

1) a club cannot build around by just one player (Swallow)
2) As much I like Powell , he is not AFL standard.
3) Yong and Sexton just got lucky last week scoring 4 and 3 , both can't score a single goal against Carlton today .
4) Bowes and Holman should not play due to lack of fitness and soreness .
5) Heron , Lemmens should continue to play NEAFL .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps will have a case to answer for. He's pinned Swallow's arm and driven him into the ground. It is illegal by the rules and took a player out of the game.

Cripps will have a case to answer for. He's pinned Swallow's arm and driven him into the ground. It is illegal by the rules and took a player out of the game.
Makes you wonder if we had a red card system in the game we might have still eon that as cripps would be out for the game too.

I come in peace/def not having a crack...

...genuinely like the Suns and hoping they will come good - the signs are better than they are bad, so I legit feel as much as tonight sucked balls, there's more to work with than recent results (syd excluded) would suggest.

I've had Touk in my draft fantasy league 2 years running and for what I draft him at, so have watched him and I have no issue with his statistical output - watching the game tonight I couldn't help but feel (not for the first time but more so than usual) that this bloke is the epitome of what is wrong with the GC. Yes, he gets a bunch of handballs and somewhat stays involved, however in the 2nd and early 3rd quarter I came to the conclusion he was injured...just didn't see him for 25 mins of play. I would be quite sure he'll walk to his car tonight without a limp or likely a single bruise from what I saw...

He's not alone of course - my thinking is after the win last week then this trash dished up as a collective tonight, this is the perfect chance late in a season for Dew to drop a handful of "name" players such as Touk who look good when on the end of it but where nowhere near desperate enough tonight when the home fans deserved better. For mine there's a few he should demote and not return until he sees "desperate" in their efforts.......and yes, I get that the injuries have piled up and there aren't many guns just waiting around for a game, but if this guy doesn't show he stands for higher expectation of effort than what Touk and Sexton and a few others who should be leading showed, then he's ****ed anyway.

Pretty sure we’re tanking... if not we should be.

Had we won tonight by a decent margin we could have jumped bulldogs into 14th. No point dropping 3 draft spots for nothing.

Give the kids a run, cotton-wool the best ones and gear up for next year.

Still - wasn’t fun to watch the 3rd quarter - or anything of that game

I come in peace/def not having a crack...

...genuinely like the Suns and hoping they will come good - the signs are better than they are bad, so I legit feel as much as tonight sucked balls, there's more to work with than recent results (syd excluded) would suggest.

I've had Touk in my draft fantasy league 2 years running and for what I draft him at, so have watched him and I have no issue with his statistical output - watching the game tonight I couldn't help but feel (not for the first time but more so than usual) that this bloke is the epitome of what is wrong with the GC. Yes, he gets a bunch of handballs and somewhat stays involved, however in the 2nd and early 3rd quarter I came to the conclusion he was injured...just didn't see him for 25 mins of play. I would be quite sure he'll walk to his car tonight without a limp or likely a single bruise from what I saw...

He's not alone of course - my thinking is after the win last week then this trash dished up as a collective tonight, this is the perfect chance late in a season for Dew to drop a handful of "name" players such as Touk who look good when on the end of it but where nowhere near desperate enough tonight when the home fans deserved better. For mine there's a few he should demote and not return until he sees "desperate" in their efforts.......and yes, I get that the injuries have piled up and there aren't many guns just waiting around for a game, but if this guy doesn't show he stands for higher expectation of effort than what Touk and Sexton and a few others who should be leading showed, then he's ****** anyway.
Nah, Touk was tagging Murphy and a couple of others tonight. Commentators mentioned that Miller and Lonergan were both tagging and managing to get touches. Touk could have had 5 free kicks tonight, but the umpires always seem to let other players hold him off the ball without calling it. If you're gonna come in here and have a crack, lay off Touk Miller.

Looking forward to seeing the new assistant coaches at the Suns.
Carlton's entire coaching staff looked well pleased with themselves, calmly explaining to their charges how they'd won key parts of the contest.
There's talent in the Suns' list, but the contrast between last week and this week is in the selection and coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back