Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

The place I work now makes the first year apprentices get up on the back of a ute and do karaoke at the end of year break-up. A lot of it is awful, but there are a few nuggets of gold in there as well.

Edit: There is no greater existential terror than listening to a young guy nervously belt out Britney Spears' "My Loneliness Is Killing Me" when amidst the awful racket you suddenly realize at least part of the reason its so terrible... the kid has never heard that shitty song before. At that moment in time I could feel my hair turning grey and the wrinkles propagating across my horrified face.

ckm9o.jpg
Or when you make references to old school. / taladega nights / the Catalina wine mixer / gelngarry glen Ross and even once Rocky and they look at you blankly or like they are about to report you to the ombudsman (or is it person now)

Or when you make references to old school. / taladega nights / the Catalina wine mixer / gelngarry glen Ross and even once Rocky and they look at you blankly or like they are about to report you to the ombudsman (or is it person now)
It’s the ******* CATALINA WINE MIXER

It's the Clayton Oliver thread for ****'s sake. Take the other crap elsewhere.

How can you even read what people are saying from down there??

Tom Mitchell on the left, Oliver on the right.

1852b2dba4302f7cb1eec333b2675452.png

Mitchell kicking at close to 50% to hand ball ratio while Oliver is still at around 33%. He's improved alot but needs to do it more and more now. I want him to be in the conversation as the best player in the game. Not just a very good one.

Mitchell kicking at close to 50% to hand ball ratio while Oliver is still at around 33%. He's improved alot but needs to do it more and more now. I want him to be in the conversation as the best player in the game. Not just a very good one.

I agree, just an interesting comparison. Mitchell wins a lot more outside ball yet has less score involvements/goal assists per game, and Oliver is a lot closer in meters gained than I thought he would be.

I was thinking about this today. First time in a long time we've had someone even in the proximity.

I was thinking about this today. First time in a long time we've had someone even in the proximity.
And depending on argument we have two. Gawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is this guy going to be like when he is 25? Freak. My favourite AFL player and he’s only 12 and has played about 5 games.

Washed up, alcohol-dependent and selling what's left of his body on the streets?

Rooooooxanne...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-29/oliver-among-dees-banning-the-booze

Star Demons onballer Clayton Oliver – who was outstanding in the victory with a team-high 31 disposals, including 25 contested possessions – told AFL.com.au he was staying away from alcohol to help give his side the best possible chance of going deep into the finals.

"I won't be drinking until the end of the season, just want to make sure if we're there in September that I'll be fresh and ready to go," Oliver said.

"It's about sacrificing a little bit now, and hopefully the rewards come later.

"It's a team thing. 'Lewy' said it the other week and they're pretty wise words.

"It's not that you have to (stay off alcohol), but it was a recommendation."

Lewis, 32, is highly respected among the Demons since joining the club at the start of last season.

He was an influential part of Hawthorn's reign of dominance, playing 264 games for the Hawks and winning four premierships.

"I think he might have mentioned (that the Hawks went on a booze ban)," Oliver said.

"They did it a couple of times and they were pretty successful, so I don't see why not.

"When he says something, you do it. If he says don't do it, you don't do it.

Good thing that he is learning to listen to the best at the moment and accumulating rewards later on.

He's a freak on field and a student off-field. Good on him.

Interesting to see so many neutrals think Cripps is better, perhaps I'm biased but I think Oliver already is better than him despite being two years younger. Faster, better skills and better hands.
Oliver is more explosive I think. I don’t watch enough of Cripps (because Carlton are shite) to really know how good he is, but I do like the little I’ve seen. A lot of people don’t rate Oliver because he doesn’t kick enough, but he averages 10.4 kicks per game to Cripps’ 11.6. They’re very similar statistically except that Oliver does better in the offensive stats (score involvements, inside 50s, etc) which makes sense given the difference between the two teams and also Cripps gets quite a few more free kicks

He's actually ****ed

For most of the game he looks like he's playing in another dimension out there where he's already seen everything unfold 2-3 seconds beforehand and just acts accordingly

How many times has he just calmly picked someone's pocket or won some ridiculous contest where he was out of position and then turned on a dime and distributed it perfectly to someone?

Bonkers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back