Paul Ahern

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpkin could be anything but so far has been middling.
He and Florent were taken in successive picks. Florent ahead at the moment, and he was the one I wanted of the 2 (although Swans picked first) but haven't given up on Jy just yet to make it!

how quickly the wheel can turn.

Last October north fans had just come off narrowly missing the wooden spoon

Then Missing out on Kelly and Martin.

Now they look like they have a onball jet for as good as nothing
Plus no one sucking up 1.2 mill. a season for the next 6 years.

Plenty to look forward too
Well done

I think a good early comparison for him is Scott Pendlebury. Both guys don't move to quick but always seem to have time and space with the ball in hand, excellent users of the ball as well. Obviously not saying he's going to be as good as Pendles, but certainly plays like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually relatively positive about North's list at the start of the year, and the fact they've got Anderson and Ahern up and firing makes me wonder do they really need to go around making offers to every available midfielder? With development internally they should be all sweet.

I was actually relatively positive about North's list at the start of the year, and the fact they've got Anderson and Ahern up and firing makes me wonder do they really need to go around making offers to every available midfielder? With development internally they should be all sweet.

We were a bees dick from having two of the best players in the comp come last year. We'd arguably be on top if those two trades had come off. I'd say it was worth the effort.

Did his knee in Feb 2016 and the Giants supposedly rushed his rehab a tad, with him doing his knee again in September 2016. Was basically a salary dump for GWS and a free hit for North.
Have you got a source on the rushed rehab part? I certainly haven't heard anything like that.

Thrilled for Ahern. Well done to North for allowing him the time to recuperate properly and then not rushing him at the beginning of 2018. He's become a very good player, very quickly. One of the few good players Silvagni selected for us, yet he seemingly rate him high enough to bring to Carlton and instead targeted Marchbank and Pickett. Great to see him doing so well.

Have you got a source on the rushed rehab part? I certainly haven't heard anything like that.

Thrilled for Ahern. Well done to North for allowing him the time to recuperate properly and then not rushing him at the beginning of 2018. He's become a very good player, very quickly. One of the few good players Silvagni selected for us, yet he seemingly rate him high enough to bring to Carlton and instead targeted Marchbank and Pickett. Great to see him doing so well.
Like other posters said, that was the rumour floating around that he didn’t feel ready when he initially returned. Doesn’t matter now, it’s ancient history.

Like other posters said, that was the rumour floating around that he didn’t feel ready when he initially returned. Doesn’t matter now, it’s ancient history.

He was 19 and did the same knee twice in one year.

The evidence is there alone.

Yep, but if you can afford to bring in another quality player or two without losing any of the young talent we already have, why wouldn't you do it?

Having space in your cap doesn't help you win games.

That's not evidence, that's supposition.

Well, non LARS ACL’s have a 12 month recovery time.

He did the second in full match simulation, 7 months after he did the first.

Yep, but if you can afford to bring in another quality player or two without losing any of the young talent we already have, why wouldn't you do it?

Having space in your cap doesn't help you win games.

No but it does shoot you in the foot when talented youngsters look at the player brought in on big money when they can't be rewarded for their efforts.

No but it does shoot you in the foot when talented youngsters look at the player brought in on big money when they can't be rewarded for their efforts.

Which is why i said that:

"Yep, but if you can afford to bring in another quality player or two without losing any of the young talent we already have"

We don't really have a history of losing the players we want to keep.

Too old for rising star I think. Born August 1996.
This is an anomaly. 'Mature ' aged recruits seem to be on the rise, yet there is no award to recognise their contribution, other than the Brownlow. Why not have two categories of Rising Star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back