Player Watch #20 Sam Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam_Reid_2017.6.jpg

Sam Reid

Sam Reid’s outstanding athleticism and strong contested grab make him a genuine threat inside 50. The 2012 premiership forward showed exactly that when he booted six goals in the Sydney Swans’ clash with Collingwood in Mark Grook at the SCG to win the 2019 Goodes-O’Loughlin Medal. The 2009 draftee can also play as a loose man in defence or pinch-hit in the ruck. Reid has had very little luck on the injury front in his time in red and white, but he didn’t miss an AFL match in 2019. He’s played 143 career games at the top level for a return of 154 goals.

Sam Reid
DOB: 27 December 1991
DEBUT: 2010
DRAFT: #38, 2009 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Wangaratta Rovers (Vic)/Murray U18

He's no star, I put him in the role player tier for a reason, but this is all very reactionary. We are a better team with Reid than without. Calling him a joke is just lame.

We are better with him, that’s the frustration

I can only speak for me. But I’m annoyed at the club for making a dumb deal with him and frustrated at the situation,

The decision to re-sign him and not trade him to collingwood is and will continue to kill us.

I was so frustrated last year, when the club made the decision to re-sign him for fear of what has just occurred. You would think our club, with all its corporate experience would be able to do a appropriate risk assessment. If the reports that he is on 600k over 4 years are true, this has been a major * up.

so since this he played has played 48% of the swans games in 4 seasons and is contracted for 3 more seasons .

He will miss at least 4 more games this season and in the games he has played several he has got injured during, for instance this year.

Why was he ever given a long term deal? I think he can play but by god he is not durable and it wont get better

so since this he played has played 48% of the swans games in 4 seasons and is contracted for 3 more seasons .

He will miss at least 4 more games this season and in the games he has played several he has got injured during, for instance this year.

Why was he ever given a long term deal? I think he can play but by god he is not durable and it wont get better
If you could lend that crystal ball to Harley on how Reids body would hold up that'd be great

Do you have a post of yours from the time of his re-signing that shows that you thought it was a bad idea?

in fact reading the Reid thread before he signed I said i wouldnt pay him much and everyone was having a go at me , entertaining in hindsight, i was too harsh, as he can play but his body is not durable

so I wouldnt of made the deal but probably for different reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you are right

Because I think he was starting to develop as a player which I doubted he would, now just needs to stay on the park

Most players would be at their 'peak' between 26-31 years old

Source: Football Manager

There's a deliciousness about a Reid/McCartin/Franklin forward set up.

Now if we could just stop Franklin being the target......

Perfect Forward is

REID ROHAN PAPLEY
HAYWARD FRANKLIN RONKE

If this group played at the Magpies they would will the flag unfortunately we play grinder footy and we think ROHAN is a sheep dog, who chases all day.

Maybe ROHAN is the fastest forward in the comp, but we hardly every kick to space and use he speed to burn defenders. Two talls, two midsized fowards but fast and two smalls. I can't think it any better. If LONGMIRE changes our system/ game style ROHAN will show how good he could have been.

in fact reading the Reid thread before he signed I said i wouldnt pay him much and everyone was having a go at me , entertaining in hindsight, i was too harsh, as he can play but his body is not durable

so I wouldnt of made the deal but probably for different reasons
Really? Because when he signed you said

Wonder what $

Good news

Now trade tippett

Any posts you can bring up where you discussed the length at the time he signed?

Any posts you can bring up where you discussed the length at the time he signed?

If you read all of the thread they are there where I didn’t want to sign him long term, plus twitter /facebook/ IRL

If this were a trial I’d dig it all up, but I think people would vouch for me being against Reid

If you read all of the thread they are there where I didn’t want to sign him long term, plus twitter /facebook/ IRL

If this were a trial I’d dig it all up, but I think people would vouch for me being against Reid
Sure, but as it stands when he was signed on his deal you said it was good and now you're flapping your arms wondering why.

Sure, but as it stands when he was signed on his deal you said it was good and now you're flapping your arms wondering why.

Problem is club saw him as a great white hope and signed him long term, think they are desperate to make it work, not much difference between him and XR really, just stuck with this terrible contract

I said this just before he signed his new contract, that’s just from one search where I was pretty savage on him, I just can’t be stuffed posting all the negative s**t when I’m not critcising his ability

You can stand it wherever you want , but I wouldn’t of signed him then to 5 years not ever

I find point scoring deplorable. Just trying to embarrass, demean, ridicule for the sake of doing so. Bullying. Is there a positive message anywhere? No. Is he answerable to you? No. It reflects on only one person I'm afraid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back