Abortion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am against abortion, with the exception being that there is a threat to the mother's life.

Just loving how the majority of men on here think they have the right to make an opinion on how/what a woman should or should not do with her body..

This isn't a man v woman issue, and it's not a womens rights issue. It's about the rights of the unborn child. Obviously given the child is inside the woman it can be hard to distinguish the two, but people who constantly rabbit on about this being men trying to control women are missing the point. A pregnancy is not a polyp or an ingrown toenail.

One argument I always come back to however is this one...
Not everybody smokes, but when those who do develop lung cancer we feel sympathy and assist them.
Not everybody drink drives, but when those who do cause an accident we do whatever we can to save their lives.
Not everybody takes drugs, but when people overdose we do what we can to help them.
Everybody has sex, but when women unintentionally fall pregnant, a large portion of society tells them they should have no choice but to deal with the consequences. From all ages. Of all ethnicities. Of all possible scenarios that caused the pregnancy. They should have no choice but to accept and keep it.

It paints a sickening picture.

Equating an unborn child with an overdose, lung cancer, and drunken car accident....

Sickening picture indeed.

Equating an unborn child with an overdose, lung cancer, and drunken car accident....

Sickening picture indeed.

Well no, it's equating an unintended and potentially mentally damaging pregnancy to the consequences of people's DUMB DECISIONS.
I don't see how that is difficult to understand.

I am 100 percent pro abortion.

My personal belief is that the baby doesn't have a right to life until it is born. Until then it is still a part of the mother.

I'm not saying that that I am right or wrong but it's none of my business what people do with their bodies.

I am 100 percent pro abortion.

My personal belief is that the baby doesn't have a right to life until it is born. Until then it is still a part of the mother.

I'm not saying that that I am right or wrong but it's none of my business what people do with their bodies.

So you're fine with aborting a 40 week old pregnancy?

So you're fine with aborting a 40 week old pregnancy?

It's not my place to say, I have no right to force my beliefs on to someone else and if that's what they want to do, that's their decision. They have to live with the impact of that decision.
At 40 weeks though I think the only reason there would be an abortion is because there is an imminent danger to the mother.

Personally I don't want kids, I'm on birth control and always use protection. If I was to fall pregnant I would go straight to the Abortion clinic because I shouldn't have to be stuck with the responsibility of raising something I did everything to stop in the first place.

It's not my place to say, I have no right to force my beliefs on to someone else and if that's what they want to do, that's their decision. They have to live with the impact of that decision.

Having an opinion isn't really forcing anything on anyone

At 40 weeks though I think the only reason there would be an abortion is because there is an imminent danger to the mother.

That's not what I asked though. If the baby is just a part of the mother's body until it's born, then you're fine with otherwise healthy babies being aborted even very late in the pregnancy?

And when did "embarassing the government of Tasmania" become a sackable offense?

It seems actually cheating at your job gets you a suspension, while acting as a citizen gets you the sack.

And the kicker:

Which, at least “work180” have since removed reference to cricket Australia

This is outrageous. It’s none of Cricket Australia’s business. The joint has gone downhill at a rate of knots since Peever took the reins.

I hope she pursues them and if there is evidence of political interference that is brought to light too.

How is this any different from last year when public servants were getting sacked for tweets and Facebook comments they made about SSM?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is this any different from last year when public servants were getting sacked for tweets and Facebook comments they made about SSM?
She's not a public servant. Also can you provide details of these people who were sacked as public servants? No google searches seem to work... maybe another one of these made up stories you like to push.

You’ll have to do better than a vague generalisation. Williamson posted an opinion in her own name. There is no available evidence of trolling, bullying, fake accounts et al. Just a citizen expressing a point of view. And prima facie she does not appear to have been given procedural fairness when it came to the dismissal.

The one sacking I’ve come across since your post involved a person who used a fake account and who continually trolled and bullied. She was accorded a fair hearing after which she was dismissed.

This is outrageous. It’s none of Cricket Australia’s business. The joint has gone downhill at a rate of knots since Peever took the reins.

I hope she pursues them and if there is evidence of political interference that is brought to light too.

Not only is the case outrageous, it’s atrocious there are no services for women in Tasmania.

The solution to allow public hospitals to carry out this medical procedure was the most obvious workaround.
Liberal government thwarted that. So services for those who can afford it, and tough luck for those who can’t.

Let me see if I get this right: A 39 year old mother of three is employed by Cricket Australia in a role to foster a good working relationship with the Tasmanian Government.

After having a medical procedure interstate she then blasts the Tasmanian Government because the procedure wasn't available in her home state knowing full well that her actions were against the propose of her job at her employer.

Hmmm. Employed to foster good working relationship but instead created fiction and embarrassment.

She failed at the purpose of her job so she got sacked.

The tweets were found by a senior political advisor who forwarded them to CA. The same advisor did this about a lot of people who had said things critical of the Government before the State election this year. Totally ****ed.

On relations to the Government that was her job, surely it only relates to cricket and nothing else matters. Dog act by the advisor, and also - where does private life end and employment start? It seems private opinion is increasingly being used to get rid of people Governments (or those within Government) don't like to replace with sycophants. Both major parties do it sadly.

[QUOTE="Oscarman, post: 57068293, member: 12605"- where does private life end and employment start? It seems private opinion is increasingly being used to get rid of people[/QUOTE]

Name me a potential employer that doesn't check out your facebook page. I work for a large company and I continually tell people to clean up their facebook, twitter and Instagram accounts before applying for work here.

[QUOTE="Oscarman, post: 57068293, member: 12605"- where does private life end and employment start? It seems private opinion is increasingly being used to get rid of people

Name me a potential employer that doesn't check out your facebook page. I work for a large company and I continually tell people to clean up their facebook, twitter and Instagram accounts before applying for work here.[/QUOTE]

So commenting on poor policy, which will result in negative outcomes for citizens is now something that should be silenced?
If she turned up to a protest, is this something she should be sacked for as well?

So commenting on poor policy, which will result in negative outcomes for citizens is now something that should be silenced?
If she turned up to a protest, is this something she should be sacked for as well?

If she turned up to a protest wearing her employers gear etc then maybe yes.
Also we don't know the conditions of her employment, there could be clauses in her contract, or she could be casual, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back