Roast Internet in Australia is a Joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a loôk at the carrier on the speedtest image.

With Uniti Wireless 50/10 for 84 per month for 500gb

Can upgrade to 100/40 for an extra 19 per month.
But I can stream in 4k so probably dont neèd more speed right now.
Can’t find that plan on their website. Only a 25/10 500GB at $80 per month.....on a no lock in plan. Cheaper if you lock it in, but locking in is the last thing Dave needs.
Have you a link to your plan? Looks like you may have got in early and got the cream.

We can only Stream in SD not HD or 4k would not even start.
I still can’t believe the onbudsman could not break your contract with the speeds you are getting Dave.
May I suggest you take screenshots of your speedtests, make sure it’s a reputable test site, over a few days, then submit these to your Federal MP.
That’s why they are there, and if they happen to be a Labour or a Green, even better as they will use your experience as ammunition.
You’ve nothing to lose, and the only ones who can challenge the onbudsman is a Federal Politition.

Can’t find that plan on their website. Only a 25/10 500GB at $80 per month.....on a no lock in plan. Cheaper if you lock it in, but locking in is the last thing Dave needs.
Have you a link to your plan? Looks like you may have got in early and got the cream.

I have the 25/10 one but I have Unlimited Data. Though my Mum signed up for it got a Locked Contract Sadly

I still can’t believe the onbudsman could not break your contract with the speeds you are getting Dave.
May I suggest you take screenshots of your speedtests, make sure it’s a reputable test site, over a few days, then submit these to your Federal MP.
That’s why they are there, and if they happen to be a Labour or a Green, even better as they will use your experience as ammunition.
You’ve nothing to lose, and the only ones who can challenge the onbudsman is a Federal Politition.

Thay said the got Info from Optus and they saw nothing wrong with it at all.

I been taking Screenshots but they never asked to look at the.

So they still in the a Folder on the Desktop. No idea why they did not have a Look.

Sadly we have a Lib as our Local MP and that is Greg Hunt

So they still in the a Folder on the Desktop. No idea why they did not have a Look.

Dave, have you posted in the , 'Yes Crowd' forum? There are some good Optus moderators on there.

Last edited:

No matter who he is is mate.
I’m a died in the wool leftie, but I live in what was once the second safest Liberal seat in Australia.
But when I needed help with a federal matter, my local right centric member bent over backwards to help.
And to his credit, the situation got resolved.
I’ll never forget that. No matter my politics and his politics, the citizen came first.
Give Geg’s Office a call, explain the situation, tell them you have proof of paying for something you are not receiving, and I’m hoping you have something from the onbudsman in writing, present the onbudsmans verdict.
You may not deal with Greg directly, most times you don’t need to, I’m sure his staff will see the injustice here and act accordingly.

It’s available to most people who can get a connection. Dave is too far out of the city. But if enough people enquire then they will look at putting up a tower in that area.

For faster speeds look below.
Just add the raptor or velociraptor option to your plan.

https://unitiwireless.com/the-raptor/

https://unitiwireless.com/the-velociraptor/

Last edited:
No matter who he is is mate.
I’m a died in the wool leftie, but I live in what was once the second safest Liberal seat in Australia.
But when I needed help with a federal matter, my local right centric member bent over backwards to help.
And to his credit, the situation got resolved.
I’ll never forget that. No matter my politics and his politics, the citizen came first.
Give Geg’s Office a call, explain the situation, tell them you have proof of paying for something you are not receiving, and I’m hoping you have something from the onbudsman in writing, present the onbudsmans verdict.
You may not deal with Greg directly, most times you don’t need to, I’m sure his staff will see the injustice here and act accordingly.

I will think about that as you said you can only Ask

Conceptually with investments. It's important not to just invest for a mild improvement. You have to go all out. If you do, you won't need to upgrade again in a year or two.

Why half the price when you can get four times the improvement if you pay double? And then have to upgrade twice as often?

Most practical would be investing in world fastest internet infrastructure so that productivity is increased on the greatest level, and the time until the infrastructure needs to be upgraded can be maximised.

The original plan was to go all out, then y'know... A certain set of peoples decided that it wasn't required and that keeping the network bottlenecked by copper wires was a good idea.

Ultimately though the biggest flaw was the decision to roll out in rural areas so early on. The major cities should have been done first, starting with the more highly populated areas. With a properly planned roll-out all residents in capital cities (so what, like 90% of the population?) would have full fibre-optic connections. Of course that will probably not happen for a further twenty years now.

TradeDraft, thought you might be interested..

I sometimes go to the following website to watch TV shows (not download) to see what it is about and hadn't visited the site for sometime. Went there yesterday and found this message:

CropImage.jpg
Thought it was funny as as soon as they close one, pretty sure another will popup.

TradeDraft, thought you might be interested..

I sometimes go to the following website to watch TV shows (not download) to see what it is about and hadn't visited the site for sometime. Went there yesterday and found this message:

View attachment 454374
Thought it was funny as as soon as they close one, pretty sure another will popup.

I see that with Pirate Bay but I just used a VPN to get around it or just find another Address/Proxy to gain Access

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm on a 100/40 plan with unity wireless. But really only ever get 80/30 at best.
Plenty good enough though. Another year or more until NBN gets here.

You Probably better without the NBN(Fraudband)

Connected the office to FTTC with Aussie Broadband today.

Happy :)

7513579690.png

Connected the office to FTTC with Aussie Broadband today.

Happy :)

7513579690.png

You are Bloody Lucky.

How old are the Lines.

Sad where I live we got the worst NBN possible in FTTN with lines that are at least 33 years old

You are Bloody Lucky.

How old are the Lines.

Sad where I live we got the worst NBN possible in FTTN with lines that are at least 33 years old
Copper being used is around 18 years old. But not a lot of copper being used for FTTC.

Copper being used is around 18 years old. But not a lot of copper being used for FTTC.

Shows we got the NBN at Wrong Time. About 2 Weeks when we got the Shitty FTTN they announced the New FTTC. Pissed Off about That

Remove this Banner Ad

Back