Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
I actually think the right ones on the right people on the right place look good it's just that they are so permanent, I don't know how women who change their hair colour and style every month cannot get bored with same design on their body for life

A neck tatt permanently limits your employment opportunities that's for sure.

I wouldn't hire someone with a neck tattoo for a job dealing with customers.

ps. sorry about that half baked thread last night, I had something Bert wrote I intended to put up but then I couldn't find it and suddenly became quite ill, threw up half the night.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

ps. sorry about that half baked thread last night, I had something Bert wrote I intended to put up but then I couldn't find it and suddenly became quite ill, threw up half the night.
If it resulted in silly sally dan being banned, well done. Were you able to check if Bert posted on the day he did? Could it have been possible?

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Haha no worries. Thought you had a few and went on a posting spree. Hopefully you are better.

Yeah, I have hired hundreds over the years in customer facing roles. I give a pass mark at non offensive tatts on the upper arm even though our people sometimes wear polo tops. Full sleeves or neck tatts though...never.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
A piece here on convicts tattoos, really interesting actually. Of the 160,000 convicts transported to Australia, at least 37 per cent of males and 15 per cent of the women were tattooed when they arrived.

Thirty-one-year-old convict Isaac Comer’s tattoos included ‘seven stars, two rings, and an anchor between legs which was more common than head tattoos. They were tough back then. :flushed:

View attachment 522438

Censored.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/0b140e2d75166c4d30cdc193f31523fe
This is seriously impressive in an anthropological way of course! The detail in what the tattoos meant and life like drawings kept on the convicts, amazing. No sneaky changing ID's and disappearing!

Do your statistics say how many these days get tattoos on their "yard"?

If it resulted in silly sally dan being banned, well done. Were you able to check if Bert posted on the day he did? Could it have been possible?
I think it was Bert but l need to get into my old phone to check last text messages. He was still very sharp and moving quickly even hooked up to oxygen when he went to the nursing home. He must have gone down suddenly because ld said l would go over the following week.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haha no worries. Thought you had a few and went on a posting spree. Hopefully you are better.

I had a whole list of threads and lost the blurbs .. :'( was okay one minute and on the floor the next. Panicked and deleted but left a couple there.

Your Community Leader leading by example of what not to do. :D:D

This is seriously impressive in an anthropological way of course! The detail in what the tattoos meant and life like drawings kept on the convicts, amazing. No sneaky changing ID's and disappearing!

Do your statistics say how many these days get tattoos on their "yard"?

No but I've seen one being done in a tattoo parlour. Not real pretty imo but each to their own, I don't think they're very common. The sneakiest ones I've seen are on the inside of the bottom lip, usually an insult. The cheeky one will pull his bottom lip down and his target has to lean in to read it.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
see it time and time again, women/girls (usually not very smart ones)hang with blokes covered in tatts as if to say : look at me im with a bad boy/a rebel- people who don't know him judge him but I know he has a heart of gold under all that ink....... then those same girls have to get a restraining order or are bashed or worse when things go pear shaped, bottom line is most blokes who get covered in tatts either think they are tough or want people to think they are tough and any woman who gets involved will probably end up thinking maybe that boring accountant guy that was keen on me wouldn't be such a bad catch after all.
In modern day Australia heaps of guys have tats, as do heaps of women. There are plenty of guys with tattoos who are good people and so are their girlfriends. Of course there are good and bad with tatts just like there are those without.

You sound very stereotypical and judgemental tbh.

Good luck with your accounting:thumbsu:

Inked with confidence ...

kingpin.png

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's a weird one. On one hand I'd guess people my age and under without tatts (includes me) are the minority. Includes women. Most have at least 1.

Now I don't think they are that unusual. Most society's throughout history have used burning, scaring, piercing, body paint and tattoos to identify as a tribe. Tribalism is as old as human history.

The 25yo hipster who think they are cool or the bad boy with a shaved head and face tatts are about as original and non conformist as the corporate drone in a three piece suit or designer heels.

As for the necks etc as with most things people take it to extremes. Again as old as humans themselves.

Personally don't have one, wouldn't rule out ever getting one but don't see the point.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

But past a certain point most of the customers have tatts so those who disapprove are hypocritical???
Before I ask - I have 0 tattoos. So it's not like I'm trying to defend myself here.

BUT

Is this not the most ridiculous argument? Seriously, think about it - how many old people do you know who really give a **** what they look like? They know they are saggy, wrinkled and grey. It's the most ridiculous turn of logic - "you'll look weird when you get old!" so will everyone else, tattooed or not. By the time they're 70 their skin will be average anyway so who cares if the tattoo is on there too?

It's an argument that comes from nothing but just grasping at straws against tattoos.

This it is the same argument. What happens when you get old? Same thing as most of us but just as skin gets bad, we will become invalid and die alone. Just don't see the point in living life in preperation for old age (within reason).

But past a certain point most of the customers have tatts so those who disapprove are hypocritical???

Depends on what it is generally, which is how I voted. One of my kids has a tattoo on the back of her neck, her first job was with well you'd probably be surprised. She can cover them but now has a full sleeve, gets her work done in the US.

We've all got one in common both sexes, our clan dictum in Latin. First one my kids were allowed to get. Tribalism as you suggested earlier, and a rite of passage but it's also a reminder of how we should conduct ourselves regardless the cost.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Depends on what it is generally, which is how I voted. One of my kids has a tattoo on the back of her neck, her first job was with well you'd probably be surprised. She can cover them but now has a full sleeve, gets her work done in the US.

We've all got one in common both sexes, our clan dictum in Latin. First one my kids were allowed to get. Tribalism as you suggested earlier, and a rite of passage but it's also a reminder of how we should conduct ourselves regardless the cost.

We all need to conduct ourselves in a certain way. Beyond that anyone can do what the f they like. But within in the confines of the "law" and civilized society.

Because of the sub-culture and the reasons behind face tattoos I find them offensive and ugly.

I'd cry I think if one of mine walked through the door with a face tattoo. Daughter hid her tiny neck tattoo on the nape for some time and it's not in black ink it's a subtle henna colour.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I'd cry I think if one of mine walked through the door with a face tattoo. Daughter hid her tiny neck tattoo on the nape for some time and it's not in black ink it's a subtle henna colour.
Ive seen the chinese symbol on the back of the neck , the behind the ear waldo/wally etc. Some of the side neck ones I cringe at but they are mostly kids names so there is a sense of forgiveness

But the collar style on the neck is also off putting.

On females the number 1 goodbye place is across the cleavage. You have 2 **** use them singly

Ive seen the chinese symbol on the back of the neck , the behind the ear waldo/wally etc. Some of the side neck ones I cringe at but they are mostly kids names so there is a sense of forgiveness

But the collar style on the neck is also off putting.

On females the number 1 goodbye place is across the cleavage. You have 2 **** use them singly

They don't just age they can date too, like fashion. Roses, swallows, barbed wire bands ... important imo to get original work as much as is possible done by a good artist and plan well. There's some great work being done now by kids out of art school and women are breaking into the industry, some of their work is incredible.

Tyson Jessen, shot dead in an Ipswich Hospital after attacking a police officer.

Jessen had two noticeable tattoos. One was a cross on his left cheek and the other the word "noxiosus" above his right eyebrow.

The Latin word can have a few meanings: it can mean vicious, or very harmful, but it can also mean "full of guilt".

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...uring-victims-on-gumtree-20181126-p50ifa.html

Tyson ten years ago.

tyson1.png

Yesterday.

Tyson2.png

I ended up with a hand tattoo after a few too many bintangs as a young idiot at schoolies in Bali... still living with the job rejections to this day. Almost finished lasering it now, but it was a $3 tattoo that will cost about $800 to get rid of once I'm done. Not a criminal, but do have a major in Criminology, so i guess that counts haha

Last edited:
Back