What changes would you make to WWE?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
After having a mini rant in another thread, was wondering if you could make changes to how the WWE is currently run, what changes would you like to see happen?

For me:
1. No more scripted promos. Let the wrestlers be themselves and cover points.
2. No more shoving wrestlers down our throats as the new face(Roman) let them grow into the role organically rather than forcibly.
3. Get rid of the part timers (Brock) and start building the talent that is already there.
4. Differentiate PPV’s and matches, so it seems fresh. Rather than being repitive.
5. Give the decent talent that is “Over” the belts, rather than mediocre hacks (Bliss, Cameltoe, soon to be Roman). Give them proper time for their matches.
6. Creative to colobrate with wrestlers regarding story lines.

• all ppvs 3 hours max (except WM which is 4 hours). if you're not good enough or not in a prominent storyline to be on the card, then tough luck.
  • no more 3 person commentary teams (except for guest commentators during matches if related to a feud)
  • RAW back to 2 hours
  • listen to the fans
  • no more all gimmick match ppvs, unless it is warranted by the feud/storyline
  • phasing out of on-screen authority figures

First thing I would change is not putting a title on the part timers. if you want to be a part-timer that's fine, but if you want to hold titles, then work a full TV schedule.

I would also have 205 Live on before Smackdown or change it's name and put it on a taping schedule similar to that of NXT. Like Cleavy, I'd reduce the PPVs down to 3 hours, with exception of the big 4 (Royal Rumble, 'Mania, Summerslam, Survivor Series), and while on the subject of Survivor Series, I'd have more of the 'traditional' Survivor Series matches, and only have the brands top titles (Universal and WWE titles) defended in one on one matches.

I agree somewhat with phasing out on-screen authority figures, but perhaps replace it with a seldom seen, impartial commissioner, similar to that of Jack Tunney/Gorilla Monsoon from back in the day, who would only be used in extreme circumstances.

3-person commentary is fine. But commentate the damn match, instead of talking about social media or other inane crap. Speaking of matches, and it'd probably be difficult, what with sponsors and all, but no commercials during the matches as it can often ruin the pacing of a match.

I could (and probably will) think of more things, but that'll do for now.

1 - Rating. To M 15+
2 - Blood and violence (on special occasions)
3 - Hire Steamboart, Hart, Edge and Jake Roberts to teach them ring psychology and how to build a match.
4 - Titles to be regularly defended. Hell even bring back the 30 day rule.
5 - 205 to be taped with its own one hour slot.
6 - Non scripted promos just give em the mic FFS.
7 - Survivor Series to be RAW v Smackdown. One 4 on 4 womens and men matches and the rest 1 on 1 battles with the brand with the most wins getting picks #29 #30 in the Rumble and an extra pick to trade between the two brands. Losing brand gets picks #1 and #2 in the Rumble.

4 - Titles to be regulary defended. Hell even bring back the 30 day rule.
7 - Survivor Series to be RAW v Smackdown. One 4 on 4 womens and men matches and the rest 1 on 1 battles with the brand with the most wins getting picks #29 #30 in the Rumble and an extra pick to trade between the two brands. Losing brand gets picks #1 and #2 in the Rumble.

4- That was one of the ideas I was trying to think of earlier
7- SurSer is already like that except for the draft picks and rumble slots. But to play on that, another option would be the winning brand gets the right to main event WrestleMania.

1. Cut the PG crap out. M15+ rating minimum like it was in the early 2000's
2. Part timers like Brock/Goldberg etc. never to be WWE/Universal champion ever again
3. No fully spoon fed scripts, give the superstars points to cover and let them have some freedom with it which creates unpredictability and excitement. Look how good the recent Cena Vs Roman segments were in the lead up to No Mercy 2017 and Rock/Cena WM segments.
4. The majority, if not all titles to be defended every pay per view.
5. Revive the Hardcore title. Was fun to watch it backstage with very regular changes etc.
6. Bring back King of the Ring. Winner gets a world title shot on an episode of Raw/Smackdown

Get a Whole New Writers

I'd go one further - get rid of the writing teams altogether and get back to a booking committee. Let the talent pitch ideas.

Other things I'd do immediately - raw back to 2hrs, get rid of smackdown or make it 1hr. PPVs once a month max 3hrs each, SummerSlam & WM 4 hrs.

Treat it like a sort/competition rather than entertainment/production.

Kill the idea of Roman reigns being the next Hogan/Austin/Rock/Cena it ain't gonna happen.

No more Undertaker matches and max 1 or 2 part timers at WM. UT, Brock, Shane, Triple H, Angle etc don't wanna see it.

205 Delayed? No thanks. Take the awkward live crowd over anything significant being spoiled weeks before it airs. Shifting it to Wednesdays before or after NXT with both live would be good.

Get rid of house shows or at least scale them down to overseas tours and once or twice a year in the US (Christmas season and July perhaps). They're ******* pointless. Working 3 house shows + TV each week is why WWE wrestlers get injured, develop brain problems, get addicted to something and die in their 40s.

There is simply too much to watch at the moment.
Raw and SmackDown 2 hours each.
1 PPV a month. PPVs 3 hours each, WM goes to 4. When you sit down to watch "Extreme" Rules and see it's 4+ hours, it just makes you go "Why?"
4 Raw, 4 SmackDown, 4 Joint. Use the extra build time to give midcard guys meaningful storylines.
Bring back the decent PPV names: No Mercy, Unforgiven, Halloween Havoc (this is non-negotiable, must be brought back), bring back KotR
Wrestlemania goes back to being a wrestling show. No more celebrities in matches. No musical guests. If necessary, SummerSlam becomes the celebrity/musical event, running off the "Biggest Party of the Summer" tagline.
Finishers to be protected more. This means more matches finish with non-finisher moves. Roll ups, powerbombs, superplexes. Finishers finish matches. Save the multiple finisher kickouts for the really big moments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring back the decent PPV names: No Mercy, Unforgiven, Halloween Havoc (this is non-negotiable, must be brought back), bring back KotR

After they bought out WCW the PPV schedule should've been

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Superbrawl
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Slamboree
Jun - Great American Bash
Jul - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept - War Games
Oct - Halloween Havoc
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Starrcade

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Superbrawl
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Slamboree
Jul - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept - War Games
Oct - Halloween Havoc
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Starrcade
But then we wouldn't of got the great balls of fire ppv or special or what ever they call them now. But seriously if I'm getting a billion dollars for my show. I'm not changing a thing

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Superbrawl
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Slamboree
Jul - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept - War Games
Oct - Halloween Havoc
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Starrcade

I think the reason the WWE PPV's are the way they are is because with each show you have a rough idea on what's going to happen there months in advance when tickets go on sale. Eric Bischoff has discussed the concept of creating 'tent pole' events on his podcast 83 weeks recently where in the mid-90's you knew what was going to happen at the Big WWF PPV's-- for example, at the King of the Ring you would see a tournament, etc.

These days most PPV events are named with match types in mind so that when they release ticket sales 6 months in advance people will be more likely to by 'Hell in a Cell' because they know they'll get to see a Hell in a Cell match rather than Slamboree for example.

Not saying it's 'better' for the general fans that way, but that's what encourages more fans to buy tickets in the local market to PPV's.

The biggest change I would make to the WWE is less with the company itself and more with how it markets itself to it's fans

I think the biggest issue with the WWE today (really post-Network era) is that fans feel they need to be 'completionists' to keep up to date with the product. I don't think anyone needs to be watching Raw, Smackdown, NXT & 205 Live every week PLUS specials like the MYC, the UK material, etc. where there is also a PPV every month.

From my experience watching NXT & 205 Live every week (on delay, normally on Sat/Sun morning) while keeping up with Raw/Smackdown either in the background at home or by just reading online reports following I am able to appreciate the product more. If I hear that for example Styles/Almas was a good TV match on Smackdown I'll go back and watch it with detail, but I can't remember the last time I watched a full episode of Raw with it being my sole focus.

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Superbrawl
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Slamboree
Jul - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept - War Games
Oct - Halloween Havoc
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Starrcade

I really like this idea, and GAB/King of the Ring could alternate, depending on which is closer to Independence Day.

It falls down a little, re: War Games due to WWE using proper stables (ala Horsemen, nWo etc.)

Get rid of house shows or at least scale them down to overseas tours and once or twice a year in the US (Christmas season and July perhaps). They're ******* pointless. Working 3 house shows + TV each week is why WWE wrestlers get injured, develop brain problems, get addicted to something and die in their 40s.

House shows do have a purpose. They go to places that would otherwise look like Ballarat on a Sunday afternoon. Also, title changes, while rare, do happen at house shows. Edge won his first I-C title at a house show in Toronto in 1999, and a couple of years ago, AJ Styles won the US title at MSG.

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Superbrawl
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Slamboree
Jul - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept - War Games
Oct - Halloween Havoc
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Starrcade

needs more Spring Stampede.

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Superbrawl
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Slamboree
Jul - King of the Ring
Aug - SummerSlam
Sept - War Games
Oct - Halloween Havoc
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Starrcade

Starrcade was WCW's WrestleMania. Would've been a road stop to Royal Rumble in WWE.

Raws 3rd hour ratings allways drop should be turned to at least PG14 for the the last hour. Its after 10pm mostly adults watching a few swear words and a bit of hardcore wouldn't go astray .

Bring back kayfabe no behind the scenes stuff anyone breaking kayfabe gets fined .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back