List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contracts mean nothing.. look at Tom Boyd, it may not come off but could seriously rattle a few cages

Yes but to get him the Bulldogs had to trade their captain, and I just can't imagine any Saints supporters being prepared to go down that path

Article in the herald sun where SL again confirmed our interest in Gaff.

Im assuming it is a fresh quote.

Might be wishful thinking but my take on it is there must be at least a little bit of reciprocal interest for SL to go public with it.

Article in the herald sun where SL again confirmed our interest in Gaff.

Im assuming it is a fresh quote.

Might be wishful thinking but my take on it is there must be at least a little bit of reciprocal interest for SL to go public with it.

I suspect there was a bit of truth in it when Lethlean made the first public statement on July 23. He wouldn’t go down that track if Gaff was lukewarm or had rejected St Kilda’s overtures.

Gaff might be forcing up his price with West Coast, but they don’t appear to have much room to move in their salary cap, especially with Lycett unsigned and McGovern recommitting.

Maybe we’re in with a chance to land a big fish. Maybe Lethlean has ramped up the offer to Gaff so he can’t refuse. If so, West Coast might be snookered and can’t match the offer. Imagine if this happened, it would be an example of Free Agency actually working the way it was supposed to.

We can only hope.

What we know:

Hannebery has had struggles with his body & form.

It’s also rumoured that he’s had troubles with he white stuff.

Next year he’ll be 28 & he’s been a battered & bruised inside mid for the whole 10 seasons he’s played at Sydney.

He still has 3 years to run on a big long term contract he signed the year after they secured Buddy.... Now try to read between the lines here - Buddy & Hanners are BFFs & have had a few injuries this year, but they are the type of injuries that sees the league tap you on the shoulder & say “sit this out until you get your s**t together” type injuries.

Some say Hanners is cooked. He ain’t ******* cooked.... He’s Sozzled! And I’m super sceptical as to why the Swans want to offload a bloke like Hanners with that much time left on his contract & the fact he’s been a ‘heart beat of the club’ type player. Alarm bells should be ringing for mine

Last edited:
What we know:

Next year he’ll be 28 & he’s been a battered & bruised inside mid for the whole 10 seasons he’s played at Sydney.

He still has 3 years to run on a big long term contract he signed the year after they secured Buddy.... Now try to read between the lines here - Buddy & Hanners are BFFs & have had a few injuries this year, but they are the type of injuries that sees the league tap you on the shoulder & say “sit this out until you get your s**t together” type injuries.

Some say Hanners is cooked. He ain’t ******* cooked.... He’s Sozzled! And I’m super sceptical as to why the Swans want to offload a bloke like Hanners with that much time left on his contract & the fact he’s been a ‘heart beat of the club’ type player. Alarm bells should be ringing for mine
;)

For this unaware, the GC currently have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. This will be added to by a priority pick in the first round for Lynch. They won't use all of those picks, hence the need to trade them for ready to go players.

My view is that the club will try and sell Mav and Armo as a package deal in return for on of their second round picks. This would give both clubs what they need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For this unaware, the GC currently have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. This will be added to by a priority pick in the first round for Lynch. They won't use all of those picks, hence the need to trade them for ready to go players.

My view is that the club will try and sell Mav and Armo as a package deal in return for on of their second round picks. This would give both clubs what they need.
Think this is also being missed. If GC aren't going to use the picks anyway, then they shouldn't hold off trading in a player that they want and may want to come to them just because those picks may not truly reflect the value of that player. That's when later picks or next years picks can be thrown into the mix to try and get some value back and find a closer win-win outcome that two teams can agree upon.

It was touched on earlier but dont dismiss the idea of certainty for trades players. It why Pick 2 was used to get Lachie Weller. He came out and nominated. GC CEO said they would make sure he got there. Freo wouldn't budge on Pick 2 and it was late in the trade period so they just got the trade done.

The GC thing doesn't make sense. The reason they wouldn't use all their early picks is because they don't have enough list spots. Trading them mediocre players for their picks doesn't help that situation.
They are desperate of experienced players that want to be on their list. I can't imagine there will be too many to choose from, do you?

As poor as you think Weller is, there a probably 20 worse on Gold Coasts list and he would be best 22 at that club without a doubt. He's also a very proffestional player with good character.

What we know:

Problems with the white stuff.... reckon there are a few decent players out there that have had that. How did Carlisle go for us? Not to mention Buddy.

I suspect there was a bit of truth in it when Lethlean made the first public statement on July 23. He wouldn’t go down that track if Gaff was lukewarm or had rejected St Kilda’s overtures.

Gaff might be forcing up his price with West Coast, but they don’t appear to have much room to move in their salary cap, especially with Lycett unsigned and McGovern recommitting.

Maybe we’re in with a chance to land a big fish. Maybe Lethlean has ramped up the offer to Gaff so he can’t refuse. If so, West Coast might be snookered and can’t match the offer. Imagine if this happened, it would be an example of Free Agency actually working the way it was supposed to.

We can only hope.

I hope for our sake then the Roos arnt into gaff as they have just as deep pockets as ours and unfortunately a much better future as it currently stands :(

I think the general view would be that GC will tell them to get f*****, and they would settle for anything they could get.

The only way I see Weller being traded is if 1: GC want him; & 2. They want to get him on their list at the earliest convenience.

As a DFA I think it would mean that he couldn’t train & start with GC until a bit later on in the list lodgement period.

IMO Weller will go to GC for a pick that will unlikely be used such as pick 80+

We ain’t playing hard ball trading Weller lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back