Player Watch #25 Tom McDonald - In to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Closest thing to a professional this club has had in a decade.

The way he ghosted Spargo's high five attempt was elite.

The way he ghosted Spargo's high five attempt was elite.

I love he has the confidence/arrogance in his game. Like his first goal in the game, took it ok and kicked the goal. Turns and runs back with a real straight back with a look of on his face “you don’t belong out here with me”

Big call, massive call

If you cant make massive calls on internet forum where can you? How old is TMAC now, thinking 24/25? I would say on current trajectory, just extrapolating his first 5 years he will go at least close to being equal.

I like the idea - in any case he is a gun and we are all stoked about it

If you cant make massive calls on internet forum where can you? How old is TMAC now, thinking 24/25? I would say on current trajectory, just extrapolating his first 5 years he will go at least close to being equal.

I like the idea - in any case he is a gun and we are all stoked about it
Yep, looks like Tempy could have been spot on about this, although Tommy still has a lot to do to equal the career feats of Neita. If Tmac ends up clearly eclipsing the career of a hall of famer - captain then I’ll be as stoked as anyone, it’ll be one hell of a career!

I don’t have a problem with massive calls on here, just think due respect needs to be shown to Neitz more than anything. It’s worth considering how since he retired MFC hasn’t played a single final and he led the dees in plenty.

You are right about Tmac’s age, he is 25 and on current form looks like he could rival or better Neitz as a player.

I legit think Tom just didn't see Spargo walking past.

He didn't, you can see him looking at the ump to his right, but it's important to crush the boy.

Keen to see how many goals he can manage next year with a full preseason and 22 games. Sneaky Coleman chance

Keen to see how many goals he can manage next year with a full preseason and 22 games. Sneaky Coleman chance
Sneaky? At his current clip he’d be equal leader if he played every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think I look down on Hogan so much because I'm comparing him to the best key forward in the league. It's actually awesome the contested marks this bloke takes deep inside 50 and then converts. Not many players in the AFL can do what he does.

The footage does not do it justice but that mark he took in Q4 took my breath away. The ball was travelling like a comet and he just so nailed it in the mark.

He bailed us out a number of times on the wings too. We got stuck in defence so he worked up the ground to take good contested grabs, bailing us out.

The footage does not do it justice but that mark he took in Q4 took my breath away. The ball was travelling like a comet and he just so nailed it in the mark.

And you knew as soon as the ball was headed his direction, it was always his.

He was possibly overrated as a defender, he's definitely not overrated as a forward.

Tom Mac is David Neitz. He plays just like Neita did in full flight, all flying leads and contested marks. The presence he has is immense.

Was on future stars today and spoke about the forward coaches encouraging them not to wrestle , me thinks one of our forwards was not paying attention, cough cough .
Had the same thought

Tom Mac is David Neitz. He plays just like Neita did in full flight, all flying leads and contested marks. The presence he has is immense.

Except I think Tom Mac is a better forward than defender where I've always thought Neitz was a better defender than forward.

Would love to see Tommy sit a few blokes on their arse, Neitz style.

Except I think Tom Mac is a better forward than defender where I've always thought Neitz was a better defender than forward.

Would love to see Tommy sit a few blokes on their arse, Neitz style.
It's tragic, really, how many key forwards the MFC has wasted playing in the forwardline rather than the backline, and vice versa. They should all be playing on the wing for balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back