Movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Spoilers and Rumors

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Questionable if Crusade is better than Raiders, but not outrageous. However, Back to the future 3 is easily the weakest, Infinity War ain't better than Civil War or Winter Soldier.

Rocky Balboa and Creed are both pretty tired remakes.

We're missing the obvious... Fast 5, 6 and 7 :p
Infinity war is avengers and not captain America and I rate it as better then the captain America ones. In any case if you group all the marvel into one franchise all 3 of those movies are better then the first two. Iron man and whatever the other one was don’t hold a candle to the later movies.

Gees if you are going to ignore books and now comics too you have basically got no franchises left.
What? That was my point. Organic franchises generally run out of steam and quality after the first few.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I give you Star Trek. While the second is arguably the best, the first is crap and the next best are 4, 6 and 8 (though 8 is arguably the second in the Next Gen series).

As for Star Wars in order:
ESB
ANH
TLJ
R1
ROTJ
TFA
Solo
ROTS
TPM
AOTC

I reckon ROTJ is underrated. The bookends are fantastic, the only thing you need to get past is the Ewoks. Likewise ROTS is overrated, the dialogue, plot and pacing is well off. The end is good and that makes people think it's better than it is, but even then, the 'Noooooooo' comes in and ruins it.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Indiana Jones and the las crusade was the best of its series.
Avengers infinity war is easily it’s best.
Back to the future 3.
Harry Potter 3 and the second last one were its best.

I’m sure there are others

No
Maybe (probably the best Avengers movie)
Very no
I've never watched a Harry Potter movie in my life (high 5s self)

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Die Hard 3

GrimyLikableEarwig-size_restricted.gif

Y'all crazy. WTF is going on in here.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
No
Maybe (probably the best Avengers movie)
Very no
I've never watched a Harry Potter movie in my life (high 5s self)
Never dated a sexy (but didn’t know she was sexy) nerdy girl during the eight year Harry Potter movie run?

Oh and if not last crusade then what? I really like Temple of Doom for its atmosphere but it’s story is weak and the raft falling from the sky scene is utterly stupid.

Raiders is simply a boring movie made worse by the fact the Indy is irrelevant to the outcome.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Never dated a sexy (but didn’t know she was sexy) nerdy girl during the eight year Harry Potter movie run?

Guess not lol

Oh and if not last crusade then what? I really like Temple of Doom for its atmosphere but it’s story is weak and the raft falling from the sky scene is utterly stupid.

Raiders is simply a boring movie made worse by the fact the Indy is irrelevant to the outcome.

:eek::eek::eek:

Wow I know about and understand the 'outcome' criticism but never heard Raiders called boring before. Probably the greatest action adventure movie ever made.

How do you get better than possibly the best action movie of all time?

Best Christmas movie too :D

What did 3 have? Dump trucks and Samuel L Jackson? Please. Even Die Hard 2 was better.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Guess not lol

Best Christmas movie too :D

What did 3 have? Dump trucks and Samuel L Jackson? Please. Even Die Hard 2 was better.
Let's not go overboard; 2 is just a rehash of 1. Correct order goes 1, 3, 2. Live Free or Die Hard had the best title. The last film was utter trash.

Die Hard 2 was also better then 1. But 3 is the best.
You crazy.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah but there is like only a handful of such franchises so we really don’t have enough data points to make such a call.
If we consider 5 movies to be the cut-off point and eliminating franchises that adapt their stories from source material (Potter, Marvel, X-Men), then the list of franchises I can think of includes Star Trek, Fast and Furious, Rocky, Pirates of the Caribbean, Alien, Planet of the Apes, American Pie and a whole bunch of slasher pics (Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street etc).

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
If we consider 5 movies to be the cut-off point and eliminating franchises that adapt their stories from source material (Potter, Marvel, X-Men), then the list of franchises I can think of includes Star Trek, Fast and Furious, Rocky, Pirates of the Caribbean, Alien, Planet of the Apes, American Pie and a whole bunch of slasher pics (Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street etc).
That’s probably it although Star Trek already had the tv show as source material. Police academy and the Revenge of the Nerds series also comes to mind as franchises that begin with the movies (I’m assuming that sh** couldn’t come from books).

Yeah but there is like only a handful of such franchises so we really don’t have enough data points to make such a call.
Maybe because most organic franchises die after 3-4 movies because they become s**t.....

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Terminator

no cos if they got to 3 movies they become a franchise and qualify as being a franchise. Very few exist. Thus not enough data points.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I don't think 'data points' means what you think it does.

Franchises that went to s**t after the first 2-3 (before any subsequent reboot/re-imagining/reset):

- Transformers
- X-Men
- Terminator
- Die Hard
- Jaws
- Jurassic Park
- Men In Black
- Ice Age
- The Godfather
- Almost any horror franchise you could think of

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I don't think 'data points' means what you think it does.

Franchises that went to s**t after the first 2-3 (before any subsequent reboot/re-imagining/reset):

- Transformers
- X-Men
- Terminator
- Die Hard
- Jaws
- Jurassic Park
- Men In Black
- Ice Age
- The Godfather
- Almost any horror franchise you could think of
Xmen is from comics. Jaws is from a book. Jurassic Park is also from a book. Transformers is from a show and all of them are equally sh***. Men in black was sh** from the beginning. Terminator only had two and the second was superior. The other ones were done by a completely different crew over a decade later. What the f** is Ice Age? Godfather you are correct. Die Hard 3 was the best.

Xmen is from comics. Jaws is from a book. Jurassic Park is also from a book. Men in black was sh** from the beginning. Terminator only had two and the second was superior. The other ones were done by a completely different crew over a decade later. What the f** is Ice Age? Godfather you are correct. Die Hard 3 was the best.

My God you are either being intentionally dense or the point is flying over your head.

Back