Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
This wasn't thought out too well...
View attachment 518136

That would have been approved by all and sundry too. I had a typo go through proofing without anyone picking it up once - put the wrong date in for an event. And no one could figure out who to blame. I was cleared due to it being me sending the draft out for draft proofing in the first place. I missed it. My manager missed it. The head of the company missed it. Other heads of department missed it too. It didn’t stop them trying to blame me, however :thumbsu:

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Just bad. Who can reel off a list of things wrong with this graphic?

Rule of thirds totally ignored

If they put full time to the top and scaled it down 75% and then put the score down to the bottom third it would almost work

Maybe zoom out the image too. It’s a horrible section on its own

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rule of thirds totally ignored

If they put full time to the top and scaled it down 75% and then put the score down to the bottom third it would almost work

Maybe zoom out the image too. It’s a horrible section on its own

The brush used is ridiculous, the colours over-saturated, weird fading effects on the flags, totally unnecessary opaque boxes for the goalscorers, unreadable end to the URL, terrible fonts. I could go on.

Can anyone find the new Flight Centre tv ad? I think it’s about a Price Lock thing they now offer.

There’s a logo on the ad that is clearly built on Paint then put directly into the video editing software. So many pixels.
Price Drop Protection m8, don't hate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Excerpt from a print ad for Port Phillip Ferries. I feel like they've just repurposed the size of those club icons. The sash really should go all the way down.

upload_2018-8-1_10-6-6.png

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Excerpt from a print ad for Port Phillip Ferries. I feel like they've just repurposed the size of those club icons. The sash really should go all the way down.

View attachment 536133

Top half of the ad is fine

As you say - the sash should be larger and cover the whole icon area

also the uppercase VS makes me uneasy. And the fact the ferry circle encroaches over the 3rd brown stripe on the hawthorn logo looks odd - ideally the circle should come to halfway between one of the bars

Now I'm just being pedantic

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
So I raised this exact point in a comment on the post. Totally non-assertive, just a simple question.

2 minutes later I get a message from a random dude (assuming a collector) saying watch out when questioning Select as they don’t like to have flaws in their product pointed out, and there’s every chance they might block me from commenting.

5 minutes later I check the Select FB page again. I am now blocked. :)

So I raised this exact point in a comment on the post. Totally non-assertive, just a simple question.

2 minutes later I get a message from a random dude (assuming a collector) saying watch out when questioning Select as they don’t like to have flaws in their product pointed out, and there’s every chance they might block me from commenting.

5 minutes later I check the Select FB page again. I am now blocked. :)

They even deleted the comment!

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
They even deleted the comment!

For some reason it’s back and I’m able to comment again. Which is nice. It wasn’t an aggressive comment at all, just a curious one.

I know they have the same names but are their signatures also exactly the same? Or is it just for illustrative purpos only?

They do say that the sigs are for illustrative purposes only

Back