WWE Summerslam - Monday 20th August 2018 9am AEST

SummerSlam_0--0aefb0a6de381283e9bb6b5d62d62f25.png

Main show 9am AEST, kick off show 7am AEST

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns (WWE Universal Championship)
Alexa Bliss (c) vs Ronda Rousey (RAW Women's Championship)

AJ Styles (c) vs Samoa Joe (WWE Championship)
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Seth Rollins (Intercontinental Championship)
Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens (Owens gets Strowman's MITB briefcase if he wins)

Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs New Day (SmackDown Tag Team Championship)
Carmella (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair (SD Women's Championship)
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Jeff Hardy (US Championship)
Finn Balor vs Baron Corbin

The Miz vs Daniel Bryan
Lana/Rusev vs Zelina Vega/Andrade Cien Almas (Kick off show)
Cedrick Alexander (c) vs Drew Gulak (Cruiserweight Championship, Kick off Show)

The B Team (c) vs The Revival (RAW Tag Team Championship, Kick off Show)

Last edited:
Owens somehow beats Braun and cashes in on Roman...?

I'd be all for that.. Vince will have soft spot for Owens with all the hits he's been taking of late.

That be Boring

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The good thing about Roman and Brock main eventing again. The shows over early. The real main event will probably open the show. Joe vs AJ. My only interest is getting the title off Brock so he can bugger off to MMA. If there is a cash in, still see Roman winning, just so he can be portrayed as the underdog.

Not excited for this one. Bliss and Rousey, Carmella and Asuka, Roman and Brock I pass.

Seth and Ziggler, overdone, Corbin and Balor doesn’t excite.

Bludgeon Brothers vs the Bar does (guessing that’s who wins) sounds good. Two great workers in Harper and Cesaro, with two good workers in Sheamus and Rowan. If given time could be a good match, but most likely on the preshow.

AJ and Joe also has potential to be great, but doubtful they will get the time. Same with Orton and Hardy( potentially Nakamura).

I would love to see WWE for a change go for a less is more approach to SummerSlam by pitting it’s great workers against each other in decent matches. I want to see SummerSlam become the wrestling PPV with potential 5 Star matches lined up, set it apart from being just another PPV. Instead of being just more mediocre crap, where we seen it before.

How can this be the biggest company, when it is often out done by its competitors regarding decent PPV’s? NJPW, ROH, NXT and even TNA are putting out decent PPV’s now. WWE are nowhere near the level of performance and entertainment that the others provide.

Oops didn’t mean for it to turn into a rant!

SS3840

Debutant
Mar 9, 2018
Morwell
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Toronto Raptors
Can't say I'm looking forward to Summerslam this year.

On the Raw side:
- I have no interest in seeing Roman v. Brock again, that said, I had no interest in this matchup the first time it happened, so.
- I have no interest in seeing Rousey as Raw Women's Champion, but it'll happen, because of Evolution. Only positive I can see is a probable Natalya heel turn.
- Rollins/Ziggler will be good as usual, but McIntyre should be the IC Champ and Rollins should be gunning for the Universal title.
- Strowman and Owens should also be good, especially if it leads to the winner cashing in on Reigns or Lesnar with one of them as champion at the end of Summerslam.
- Alexander/Gulak will be short, but entertaining.

Smackdown
- AJ/Samoa Joe should also be a really good match, but like others, fear it won't get the time it deserves.
- Carmella/Becky Lynch is one I'd be interested in, if Becky had a snowball's chance in hell of going over.

I'll reserve judgment on the SD! tag title match until it's confirmed

SS3840

Debutant
Mar 9, 2018
Morwell
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Welp, that didn't last long. I was hoping Becky would get a chance, but nope Charlotte Hogan, I mean Flair had to come back.

SS3840

Debutant
Mar 9, 2018
Morwell
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Roman still winning the belt?

There's always hope of a Strowman/Owens cash in..
Also, and this is just maths, but I think Dean Ambrose is close to returning, so that could be a factor in the IC title match...

SS3840

Debutant
Mar 9, 2018
Morwell
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
just make it a 4 way with Ziggler, Rollins, McIntyre and Balor. Then you can have Ambrose return on RAW.
I always thought Balor and Rollins would make a good main event type tag team.. I'd have Ambrose on Smackdown honestly, assuming he comes back as a face. Behind AJ Styles the next face is D-Bry, and he may not be around for much longer

I always thought Balor and Rollins would make a good main event type tag team.. I'd have Ambrose on Smackdown honestly, assuming he comes back as a face. Behind AJ Styles the next face is D-Bry, and he may not be around for much longer

may as well have another crack at the Shield reformation before someone else gets injured :p

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The only time a Roman Reigns title win got genuine cheers was when he defeated Sheamus on a December/January episode of Raw (Do you remember the League of Nations?). And that was because it was unexpected with the match announced that night. He's not getting cheers at WrestleMania or SummerSlam or any PPV where the match is announced weeks in advance.

SS3840

Debutant
Mar 9, 2018
Morwell
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
League of Nations.. Sheamus (yay!), Barrett (yay), Rusev (okay) and.. Allllllllllllllberrrrrrrrrrrrto Dellllllllllllllllll Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooo (boo!)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Rumours Matt Hardy will have his retirement match. Makes sense in so much as he wouldnt get the time at WrestleMania. Turns 44 in September.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

No thanks to Ambrose on Smackdown. Would much rather Balor. Balor with the undisputed Era vs AJ with Gallows and Anderson. Possibly add either Cesaro or Rusev to Aj’s team. Just imagine the matches them guys would bring.
End the feud in a four on four war games match, with all the titles on the line.

Back