Sam Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Our coaching panel has just undergone a major overhaul and with a soft cap in place for the football department also I'd say Mitchell is no chance.

Besides we have a guy named Hocking who went alright himself and one who knows a thing or two about being an on field c***.
Hocking was tough and obvious, Mitchell was a sniper. Don't want.

Hocking was tough and obvious, Mitchell was a sniper. Don't want.
Mitchell was a star who I have to say I loved watching play. Student of the game. Will make a coach. Good interview with him on Whately yesterday. Like Bucks really driven and especially early career didnt get that everyone else wasnt pushing hard.

Dont think we will get him but would love to have a try

We have just brought in Longmuir and Hocking and the chemistry and cohesion within the group looks to be at an all time high.

With speculation that the league is going to cut down the amount of coaches overall, I don't see how and why we would look to bring in Mitchell.

Not that I don't rate him or wouldn't want him but we just revamped the coaches last year and the two new faces have only been here barely 12 months.
Unless Harvey was on the move there really isn't a spot or need to bring in anyone else.

Yeah, like the only player to be deregistered for being charged by police for an onfield incident.
What was his name again?
Sniper for sure.
How’d that work out for us when he went into coaching?
Think you may need to look up the meaning of sniper.

agree re. seriously, he's a really ordinary individual.
selfish and all about him.
eagles dirty on him and are playing with him now about wanting him to work from Melbourne office.
most over rated person in footy.

Reminds me of Josh Caddy.. same sort of character.

The only reason I'd give Mitchell a job is if I wanted my players to become show boating arrogant you know what.. we can head down that road.. might work.. but I'd rather we do it with a sense of class.. without being dirty.. and if you're gonna be arrogant leave the show boating alone.

One form of arrogance I love is De Goey's.. thats the right way of going about it on the pitch.

agree re. seriously, he's a really ordinary individual.
selfish and all about him.
eagles dirty on him and are playing with him now about wanting him to work from Melbourne office.
most over rated person in footy.

Don't like dirty players mate.. in 17 yrs playing soccer only had 2 red cards.. one was in the middle of summer playing a pre season Hellenic cup.. I call out to the ref.. 'how reffff watch this! And I booted some poor bloke in the guts.. wanted to get red carded and suspended from the tournament so that I could spend my weekends at the beach re.. bronzing and picking up re.. not playing on hard pitches in 35 degree heat agst s**t kickers re..

That's a good enough reason I suppose re.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, like the only player to be deregistered for being charged by police for an onfield incident.
What was his name again?
Sniper for sure.
How’d that work out for us when he went into coaching?

Gawd I'd forgotten all about that - damn that really does take me back... :rolleyes:

and our 2010 Premiership coach
Only difference is only one sniped so hard he was bought up on civil charges.

Wasn't he formally charged with assault and tried / convicted in the magistrates court?

I remember it being dodgy as hell at the time but nobody ever got to the bottom of why he was singled out - was there an ex-Geelong player mixed up in it (maybe with the police or government)?

Last edited:
Going back to the hawks, now that they need another assistant

I highly doubt the announcements that Ratten is looking for opportunities elsewhere and Mitchell is coming back to Victoria coming in the same week is a coincidence.

Might go reach for my tin-foil hat now just in case...

I highly doubt the announcements that Ratten is looking for opportunities elsewhere and Mitchell is coming back to Victoria coming in the same week is a coincidence.

Might go reach for my tin-foil hat now just in case...
If is coincidence, it’s very good timing.

No idea, almost feel Harvey's senior coaching chances are gone but with the way the Saints are drifting that might be his best chance.
He also might be happy just being a second banana.

No. He is a campaigner
5 times club B&F.
Brownlow Medallist.
3 times AA.
4 x AFL Premiership player.
I x VFL Premiership player
2 times Lou Richards Medallist.
1 x Victoria representative.
2 x Australian representative.
1 x Liston Trophy winner.
2003 rising star winner.
329 senior games.

That’s the type of campaigner I want at my club.
Successful, smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back