Game Day Round 20, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being favourites is doing my head in. Have forgotten how to deal with the pressure/pleasure of expectation.

If our young guys are up and about I know we can do this. Lions by 21.
This just does not make any sense to me at all.
North just flogged West Coast by 40 points. Who were the 2nd placed team at the time. North also need to win to stay in the finals race.
Obviously we are starting to earn some respect in the competition again which is great, but being favourites is a strange one.
Go Lions! We are some sort of chance, but will have to play to our absolute best.

North just flogged West Coast by 40 points. Who were the 2nd placed team at the time. North also need to win to stay in the finals race.
Obviously we are starting to earn some respect in the competition again which is great, but being favourites is a strange one.
Go Lions! We are some sort of chance, but will have to play to our absolute best.
They beat an Eagles team missing a few key players at a venue they consistently play very well at with Higgins who is arguably their best player playing. Higgins is out this week and that weakens their midfield significantly as he adds that extra touch of class that helps finish off attacking plays/links in scoring chains. Plus we have demonstrated in all of our games at the Gabba this season that we are competitive and hard to beat on our home deck. I think it makes sense to a degree that we are favourites when you take all of that into consideration, however, don't get me wrong I still think North will be very hard to beat. They seem to match up well with us, they have a good coach who would have analysed the way the Crows/Cats shut down our natural run and gun game through the middle and will more than likely be able to replicate that. I think it'll be a good game and I'm hopeful we can get another win but I'm not confident.

Note also that Squiggle has us at a 48% chance to win and that's doesn't account for the Higgins injury.

Who are the fittest players in your team? More specifically, which players tend to accumulate the ball in open matches where running is king?

Play to your best boys and you can win this .

Agree.....just hope they feel fresh and enthusiastic. Seemed flat last week.

If all up and about and play to their individual best, they can beat anyone. That's how far these boys have come imo.

Will be listening to the radio, up home again.....hope that is a good sign, we won twice when I had to listen rather than watching the game.

:hearts::brisbane::hearts:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can't believe we're favourites although we've been in every home game we've played I don't think we have the edge on North. They'll smash us in contested possessions and their forwardline might get away from us

Ramp up the heat, looks a beautiful day should be about its hottest at game time. The Lions to win coming home in the last qtr when the Kangaroos are wilting from chasing our young guys all day. Yes harrr almost time to start the 2 hour drive down to see the boys have another win.

I think no matter what climate you're used to, the weather today is perfect for footy.

Should be winning today. Heat will be on our side. North not a quick side but they are very good in clearances thanks to Cunnington and Brad Scott is a good coach so will be tough but if we can keep Brown and Waite relatively quiet then no reason we don't win.

I want revenge on them after having to endure the early season touch up they gave us and their supporters still whined all game.

Still can't believe we're favourites although we've been in every home game we've played I don't think we have the edge on North. They'll smash us in contested possessions and their forwardline might get away from us
Cunnington in particular always destroys our boys in the middle.

Looking forward to this one, be nice to get back on the winner's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back