My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 27, Highly Evolved

Last edited by a moderator:

akiva

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2013
Israel
AFL Club
Essendon
After copping an almighty pasting after the Melbourne game he has turned his season around in a big way. Not only has his form been blistering, his onfield leadership has noticeably improved. Leading from the front and doing the heavy lifting superbly despite it not suiting his natural game.

On the subject of coaches votes, he's killing it. Votes in 9 games, polled in every victory bar the Brisbane game where he was clear best on in what was looking like his best performance of the year, with 9 disposals and two goals before being knocked out early in the second. His influence is highly underrated by the unwashed masses.

6 vs Crows
6 vs Port
2 vs Carlton
6 vs Geelong
9 vs GWS
3 vs West Coast
4 vs Norf
4 vs Collingwood
10 vs Gold Coast
Maybe Smith doesn't have the B&F wrapped up after all..

Gee, if he didn't get knocked out against Brisbane he'd be well in the top 5 or 6.

Pretty good for a player who's not in the top 40 midfielders of the competition apparently.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon his game yesterday has been a bit underrated, 26 disposals at 81%, 13 contested, 4 inside 50's, 4 tackles and 9 CLEARANCES is a super performance. Love this bloke.

Climbs further up the coaches votes leaderboard and now sitting equal 8th, not bad for a bloke not in the top 100 players/50 midfielders.

Round 18 leaderboard
71 Max Gawn (MELB)
68 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
68 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
64 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
61 Andrew Gaff (WCE)
59 Nat Fyfe (FRE)
54 Dustin Martin (RICH)
53 Dyson Heppell (ESS)
53 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
53 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
52 Rory Laird (ADEL)
51 Dayne Beams (BL)
48 Kane Lambert (RICH)
48 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
47 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
47 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
46 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
46 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
45 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
44 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)

westking

Cancelled
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Whoever happens to be winning
He is having a great year. Still wish he would cut his hair properly.

Probably sneaks past Fyfe as well with him missing at least 3 more games. Sneaky Brownlow chance?

Don't see him a chance of winning without a big back end, but he's in ripping form and currently paying $101 on Sportsbet, which feels overs.

Don't see him a chance of winning without a big back end, but he's in ripping form and currently paying $101 on Sportsbet, which feels overs.
Yeah, just did a sneaky fiver each way on him. If he finishes 3rd I still win $130

It’s not sneaky because you have told us mate haha

ATTENTION: SMALL MONETARY WAGER PLACED ON THE LIKELIHOOD OF DYSON HEPPELL WINNING OR PLACING IN THE BROWNLOW MEDAL.

So, if he gets enough votes to overtake the guys between him and the top 5, he’ll be in the top 5? Well, that’s for the insight....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The depth of my thinking knows no bounds

VFL schedule ****ed us again.

Laverde was on the field at North Port at the time, and we already had to use two of the other emergencies for Dea and Guelfi

Laverde, being the other emergency, I guess.
Yeah I didn't see the team sheets.

Well I back the skipper's gut backing himself. He still got it 25 times with 6 tackles.

Guess it doesn't really matter now anyway because this game was do or die.

VFL schedule ****ed us again.

Laverde was on the field at North Port at the time, and we already had to use two of the other emergencies for Dea and Guelfi
Well there you go.

The VFL scheduling this year was an utter dogs breakfast (I now appreciate why you were so pissed off at it, eth-dog) and this is a prime example.

Back