Not a game changer...
38637d2e4b4ec7363c4d1887c92c78bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Average per game= 26th

Followed by Heeney, Franklin, Parker Towers

Not a game changer...
38637d2e4b4ec7363c4d1887c92c78bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Okay, so why are we getting different stats? What parameters are you putting in?

And I never said he was a game changer... ?

Kirkswan it's the difference between total and average

Also I agree with you that no one said he had to be a game changer. He just has to play a role. Certainly whoever could possibly be replacing him is not going to be a game changer either. Certainly his kicking is probably as bad as it's been in his career but it's easy to overlook all the other facets of his game that are currently still an asset to to the side. He is not going as bad as some of his most ardent critics are making out in this thread.

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Kirkswan it's the difference between total and average

Also I agree with you that no one said he had to be a game changer. He just has to play a role. Certainly whoever could possibly be replacing him is not going to be a game changer either. Certainly his kicking is probably as bad as it's been in his career but it's easy to overlook all the other facets of his game that are currently still an asset to to the side. He is not going as bad as some of his most ardent critics are making out in this thread.

Yep. People on here have a tendency to assess a player in terms of their performance relative to their peak, rather than their current output relative to the competition (or replacement player)

So a player who was once very good, but is now serviceable (Jack) is considered worse than a player who was once bad, but now serviceable (Towers).

Old people can still contribute

Both of these can simultaneously be true:

1) Kieren Jack is not playing very well
2) Kieren Jack should stay in the team

I've seen nothing to suggest that anyone in the reserves would come in and contribute more than him. The likes of Fox, Foote, Robinson are not better players than Kieren Jack. The other argument is that maybe if we play mediocre inexperienced players, they will gain valuable experience and become not-mediocre sometime in the future. I have always been strongly against that argument, which is why I am always against playeres being returned to the senior side without having gained something at least resembling form.

Play them in the reserves until one of them proves they are better than Kieren Jack right now, at this very moment. And at that moment, promote them. If they can't get to that level, they don't deserve a game.

Yep. People on here have a tendency to assess a player in terms of their performance relative to their peak, rather than their current output relative to the competition (or replacement player)

So a player who was once very good, but is now serviceable (Jack) is considered worse than a player who was once bad, but now serviceable (Towers).

Old people can still contribute

That’s why I make my grandmother mow the lawns

Haven't watched the replay yet (obviously), but from watching at the ground I though he did some good things. That kick out in front of Buddy for his first was sublime.

That one kick was good

I just looked up his stats and he only had 9 possessions, so he obviously wasn't influential, but there were a couple of other moments where he took the game on a little.
‘]

He didn’t justify rushing straight into the seniors imo

Nebley

Debutant
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
He clearly isn't playing at the level that he has in the past, but there's no denying that with the added experience of Jack and McVeigh the team looked better than it has without them. I'm not sure his inclusion made the difference, but he certainly wasn't the worst for us.

That’s true but if you watched the ressies, his selection was justified! Having said that, Towers must have got sprung rooting Horse’s Mrs!

Just make him play say one neafl game, sends a message that spots must be won

I agree, but again, I think it was SF51 that stated that there’s nobody in the two’s that could possibly do a better job and that was clearly evident yesterday.

Maybe, I would of just chucked towers in and given jack at least a week to prove himself,

I just looked up his stats and he only had 9 possessions, so he obviously wasn't influential, but there were a couple of other moments where he took the game on a little.
9 disposals so more than Rohan, and is better defensively. Keep him in for sure

I don't get the thread title, what's an ambi- turner?

It was my attempt at a Zoolander reference with Jack's lack of a right foot :oops:

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
9 disposals so more than Rohan, and is better defensively. Keep him in for sure

I honestly agree with this. I was one a few weeks ago who was keen to see a younger guy come in for Jack, but I'm prepared to leave him in now because of how strong a tackler he is and his experience. We've got such a young side in atm, we need someone in there to help the younger guys do the dirty work.

He's playing a bit of midfield still which I get but personally I'd love to see him play as a defensive forward exclusively. So next week he can play on and try to limit, say, Christian Salem (Demons don't have a stand out rebounding defender as I see it), then the week after he can go to Lachie Whitfield and try to clamp him down (something which Hewett did expertly earlier this year and helped us win), then he could go to some Hawthorn c*** I can't think of but hopefully beat them too because * Hawthorn.

His movement tonight has me much more confident about him going around again next year.

Shouldn't be a lock for the 22 but his mobility and agility was one of his biggest strengths as a player and he had that back again tonight.

Back