Society/Culture Ray Hadley's Son Arrested For Drug Possession

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-04/hadley-says-cop-son-daniel-has-mental-health-issues/10073922

Funny how Ray now recognizes that there are mental health and other issues lurking in the background with drug use, unlike the "Public Persona" Ray on his radio show, where he seems to lack similar insight.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for his son, Hadley senior and their extended family. Drug use is devastating for all those close to the user. I've experienced it first hand and it was awful.

But the change in tone from Hadley is quite remarkable. It's almost as if it takes a family member to suffer from issues for him to actually develop a deeper understanding of the issue.

I wonder if it will turn Ray into a better, more compassionate human being? I doubt it. It wouldn't be good for ratings.

It's ironic that someone who expects people to be compassionate and repeatedly criticises those who aren't, you sure don't show much compassion to that of Ray's son or Ray. Just a touch hypocritical.

It's ironic that someone who expects people to be compassionate and repeatedly criticises those who aren't, you sure don't show much compassion to that of Ray's son or Ray. Just a touch hypocritical.
This was in my post:
Don't get me wrong, I feel for his son, Hadley senior and their extended family. Drug use is devastating for all those close to the user. I've experienced it first hand and it was awful.

Last edited:

I didn't read Sherb's opening comments that way at all Timme but from my own point of view the edge comes off my compassion just a touch knowing Ray's son is a cop and a suspicion there might be more to this story. To be sure, he didn't have a habit on joining the force so he started using after he put the uniform on.

Glad to read he's gone into rehab and wish him all the best. Shame everybody else without the Hadley's resources has to get in the queue and stand in it for six months before a place becomes available.

I didn't read Sherb's opening comments that way at all Timme but from my own point of view the edge comes off my compassion just a touch knowing Ray's son is a cop and a suspicion there might be more to this story. To be sure, he didn't have a habit on joining the force so he started using after he put the uniform on.

Glad to read he's gone into rehab and wish him all the best. Shame everybody else without the Hadley's resources has to get in the queue and stand in it for six months before a place becomes available.
I am not sure what Timme was on about. It's as if he completely ignored one paragraph in my post to try to score a point.

It's a terrible situation, one which I wouldn't want anyone to go through. Anyone who knows me would know I feel the utmost compassion for those involved.

But there is another side to this. I saw a tv grab of Hadley in tears talking about it, about his son's mental health issues and other factors - as if he had experienced some sort of revelation about what goes on beneath the surface of drug addiction.

I wonder if he would offer that sort of compassion to any other drug user he talked about on his radio show. I doubt it. It's perfectly reasonable to call him out for his blatant double standards as a result.

As I alluded to, let's see if Ray's "enlightenment" is a permanent change or simply a short-term phenomenon.

And you do make another very good point, ie about his son being able to get straight into rehab quickly. It's a pity that all drug users haven't got that option.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-04/hadley-says-cop-son-daniel-has-mental-health-issues/10073922

Funny how Ray now recognizes that there are mental health and other issues lurking in the background with drug use, unlike the "Public Persona" Ray on his radio show, where he seems to lack similar insight.

But the change in tone from Hadley is quite remarkable. It's almost as if it takes a family member to suffer from issues for him to actually develop a deeper understanding of the issue.

I wonder if it will turn Ray into a better, more compassionate human being? I doubt it. It wouldn't be good for ratings.

Why would you feel compassion for a bent cop? They are the scourge of society.

How many teenage prostitutes bought thier drugs off the dealers he protected?

Cocaine is not something sold by small time dealers. It's a horrendous drug made with dangerous chemicals.

Why would you feel compassion for a bent cop? They are the scourge of society.

How many teenage prostitutes bought thier drugs off the dealers he protected?

Cocaine is not something sold by small time dealers. It's a horrendous drug made with dangerous chemicals.
I feel compassion because I understand the concept of addiction due to mental health issues. Also that you can make bad choices as a result.

So I can separate the underlying issue from the actions, without in any way defending the latter.

What's your evidence for the bolded statement by the way?

Next time you try to score points read the whole post so you dont look like a fool.

Ray's so well connected and perfectly positioned to do some real good so I hope his enlightenment is permanent and he does it. We'll see.
I feel for his son, but he's playing the sympathy card. Very few alt right commentators have been as unforgiving -read ruthless - as Madley on matters of this nature - and others - and to suggest at his age he's likely to change is fanciful.

This was in my post:
TimmeT has a problem of going in guns blazing without reading posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh look another post from Bradesmaen playing the man.
*Cough, cough....

*Cough, cough....
Yes and again I'm not the one who claimed I never play the man like Bradesmaen did last week and I am not claiming I never have. Maybe you should find out why a comment is being made before coming in here all guns blazing to do point scoring:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes and again I'm not the one who claimed I never play the man like Bradesmaen did last week and I am not claiming I never have. Maybe you should find out why a comment is being made before coming in here all guns blazing to do point scoring:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Has a go at another poster for "playing the man" after "playing the man" himself in the very same thread.

You can't make this stuff up. :D

I'm not playing the man, I'm stating something that is true. Playing the man would be insulting you which I clearly did not do. This post literally proves my point.

I feel compassion because I understand the concept of addiction due to mental health issues. Also that you can make bad choices as a result.

So I can separate the underlying issue from the actions, without in any way defending the latter.

What's your evidence for the bolded statement by the way?
It's his job to arrest drug dealers not buy thier product

He has direct evidence of a guy or girl selling narcotics and he does nothing because he's buying from them. He is protecting them.

The rest of your post is some full on deluded rubbish.

You have no idea how police treat people with mental illnesses. They shoot them in the back. Cops are cowards. Have no compassion for them.

Homeless people are victims of addiction and are tret like dogs by police

Sorry but you have no idea. You should be medicated for this bullshit you're dangerous talking like this about a bent pig

Bent cops need to be called out for what they are so the good ones can get on with thier job.

I'm not playing the man, I'm stating something that is true. Playing the man would be insulting you which I clearly did not do. This post literally proves my point.
ROFL this is absolutely devoid of any logic whatsoever.

So if I call you an idiot and a ******* * I am not playing the man according to you because what I have said is true.

not linking because it's murdoch filth but go suss the article from the daily fail about how rays hitting back at the trolls.

Article quotes a sydney doctor who JUST HAPPENS to be........wait for it......waaaaait for itttttttttttt......a MUSLIM !!!!!

And the cool part ?? , everything she said has already been said 1000 times by plenty of anglos since saturday morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back