Unskilled jobs that pay well

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say my job is fairly unskilled and I've never been to uni and I get about 100k a year. It is shift work on a 24 hour roster though.

My job is incident response and control.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good luck to anyone willing to do those hours though

Whats exactly involved?

Not too much that someone off the street couldn't deal with. You don't need any qualifications to do it at least. It's probably more how you cope under pressure.
It's mainly dealing with car accidents and removing hazards off of roads. Part way between road worker and traffic control

Good luck to anyone willing to do those hours though

I personally like shift work, and it's not too bad, mainly Monday to Friday either 6am to 2pm or 2pm to 10 pm. Weekends are 12 hours and night shifts are 10pm to 6am Sunday to thursday but they only roll around once every 2 months or so. Weekends you generally do 1 a month depending on whether other people want to do them or swap/give them away

I personally like shift work, and it's not too bad, mainly Monday to Friday either 6am to 2pm or 2pm to 10 pm. Weekends are 12 hours and night shifts are 10pm to 6am Sunday to thursday but they only roll around once every 2 months or so. Weekends you generally do 1 a month depending on whether other people want to do them or swap/give them away
How do you get into it?

Not too much that someone off the street couldn't deal with. You don't need any qualifications to do it at least. It's probably more how you cope under pressure.
It's mainly dealing with car accidents and removing hazards off of roads. Part way between road worker and traffic control

Do you have to shovel up bits of people up off the road :eek:

How do you get into it?
Luck I think, I just happened to chuck an application in and somehow I got an interview and ended up getting the job.
I had a fair bit of experience volunteering with the S.E.S. so that probably gave me a bit of a leg up. But I love my job, best job in the world.

Do you have to shovel up bits of people up off the road :eek:

No, but I have shoveled all sorts of dead animals off the road with varying degrees of intactness.

Heard recently that a friend of a friend left his job in real estate and started his own "business" cleaning solar panels on house rooves.
Apparently he goes around with a ladder, some special high tech anti dirt cleaning solution (windex) in a spray bottle and a bag of rags. Charges $50 per house and recommends annual repeats.

7-10 houses a day 5 days a week, mostly paying cash and you'd be pretty comfortable I'd think.

My friend was pretty vague when I asked about the safe working at heights. Seemed to me that to be above board he'd need to be harnessed.

Heard recently that a friend of a friend left his job in real estate and started his own "business" cleaning solar panels on house rooves.
Apparently he goes around with a ladder, some special high tech anti dirt cleaning solution (windex) in a spray bottle and a bag of rags. Charges $50 per house and recommends annual repeats.

7-10 houses a day 5 days a week, mostly paying cash and you'd be pretty comfortable I'd think.

My friend was pretty vague when I asked about the safe working at heights. Seemed to me that to be above board he'd need to be harnessed.

Working on the roof is a can of worms. A job that you can do simply at home, becomes a major expense if you need to pay a business to come in with harnesses and scaffolds and crap.
Of course it hits the elderly or the disabled.

Working on the roof is a can of worms. A job that you can do simply at home, becomes a major expense if you need to pay a business to come in with harnesses and scaffolds and crap.
Of course it hits the elderly or the disabled.
Yeah agree. I've got my safe working at heights so understand the requirements which is why that stood out to me straight away.
I got the feeling that this guy was just jumping up on the roof with his ladder, giving a quick spray and wipe and bingo that'll be 50 bucks thanks.

PA010269.jpg
No Harness

solar_clean.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Working in wineries is good pay especially if you are a grade 3-4 doing shifts
Can pull close to 80,000 a year if not more

But then, if you have the harness you need a second person with you yeah?

Problem we face is out of the 3 different levels of economy:
We still base most of our GDP on Primary... ie farming/agriculture and mining.

totally wrong.
The vast majority (a whopping ~60%) of our GDP is consumer spending.

Yes that's right, buying and selling stuff to (mostly) ourselves accounts for the vast majority of our country's wealth.

https://tradingeconomics.com/austra...n-expenditure-etc-percent-of-gdp-wb-data.html

Makes you understand why consumer confidence is so vital to our economy- if we stop buying crap (and do silly things like save our money) the house of cards comes tumbling down.

Also makes you realise why Kevin 07 put money into everyones bank accounts to ride out the GFC and why the libs and labor are basically doing the same thing again in july (in a slightly less obvious way) with their 'low income tax offsets' in the lead up to the election.

Also explains why we have such strong consumer laws and the ACCC has some ACTUAL power as a regulator and can wield a very big stick that companies are afraid of.

We used to ride on the sheep's back- but we've been riding on the iphone etc's back now for a long time.

totally wrong.
The vast majority (a whopping ~60%) of our GDP is consumer spending.

Yes that's right, buying and selling stuff to (mostly) ourselves accounts for the vast majority of our country's wealth.

https://tradingeconomics.com/austra...n-expenditure-etc-percent-of-gdp-wb-data.html

Makes you understand why consumer confidence is so vital to our economy- if we stop buying crap (and do silly things like save our money) the house of cards comes tumbling down.

Also makes you realise why Kevin 07 put money into everyones bank accounts to ride out the GFC and why the libs and labor are basically doing the same thing again in july (in a slightly less obvious way) with their 'low income tax offsets' in the lead up to the election.

Also explains why we have such strong consumer laws and the ACCC has some ACTUAL power as a regulator and can wield a very big stick that companies are afraid of.

We used to ride on the sheep's back- but we've been riding on the iphone etc's back now for a long time.

Not sure how much that contributes to the economy since.
Manufacturing cost of IPHONE = around $30. Selling cost around $1000 Apple Australia's price from Apple's ( are they still in Ireland )? Head office around $950.

How does spending $900 dollars that someone has generated in Australia, to an offshore tax haven in exchange for a disposable piece of junk benefit the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back