Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I see the Richmond bandwagon is in full swing.

wet toast is understandable given they had a waiting list and now have a bigger stadium to fit them in.

I see the Richmond bandwagon is in full swing.

wet toast is understandable given they had a waiting list and now have a bigger stadium to fit them in.
Tigers supporters are worried about getting finals tkts, let alone GF tkts if they make it.
Talk about how first year members etc shouldn't have the same rights.
:p We got no such worries,

I'm torn here - a Pies win could put a line through the swans season ... but a Swans win could put 3rd place in our hands, making it ours to lose ... hmmm :think:
I try to focus on other teams, but if anything I'd prefer the Pies lose. Weakening the top 4 gives us hope, as for the Port loss. I still think a home EF is most likely though.
If we drop below teams like the Swans, Hawks and North we get what we deserve I think.

I’m shocked it was gaff that did it.

Looks a lot like he was going to go for a standard chest hit that happens dozens of times a game and missed his hit and got him square in the jaw.

He will get a long lay off but it didn’t strike me as malicious intent

Looks a lot like he was going to go for a standard chest hit that happens dozens of times a game and missed his hit and got him square in the jaw.

Surprised me also, and whilst I get to an extent what you are saying, you can't throw an accidental punch that breaks a jaw.
Respect lost

It’s not his go but an absolute brain snap. Maybe a hard tag and all the attention on him re the Brownlow prospects and where he will sign got the better of him.

It’s a disaster as he will never live it down. He may even get sued civilly for this as the damage is so extensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall knocked Staker out and got 7, but that was a while ago. Last year Bugg simply concussed Mills and got 6. This is broken jaw, displaced teeth, season over for Brayshaw. Absolutely deliberate strike. I just shake my head at the difference in attitude by some towards Gaff vs Jezza - Jezza in a contest but some people 'just know' it was intentional, but somehow Gaff punching someone can be interpreted as unintentional (misplaced tummy punch). To me that strike was absolutely deliberate therefore intentional, and considerable damage done, so 8 weeks is minimum. Reckon 8 to 10 is the region; would not criticise 12 as sending a message about deliberate punches. Suspect the tribunal will give a 'good bloke' discount, although not being Victorian may mitigate that.

I've been a bit bored today and ventured on to the main board. I'm surprised - it seems the tide has turned with a lot of reasonable posts about us across multiple threads rather than sheer dumbness. I'm sure there's the usual mouth-breathing trolls but it almost seems possible to have a conversation with the majority.

I've been a bit bored today and ventured on to the main board. I'm surprised - it seems the tide has turned with a lot of reasonable posts about us across multiple threads rather than sheer dumbness. I'm sure there's the usual mouth-breathing trolls but it almost seems possible to have a conversation with the majority.
I've noticed similar ebbing over the last month or so, as though we are somehow "legit" now, I don't get that we weren't but this is better

I've noticed similar ebbing over the last month or so, as though we are somehow "legit" now, I don't get that we weren't but this is better

I think losing a couple of finals in a row allayed the "they'll win everything always" angle and instead made it "they're probably due one", especially since we lost to two drought-breaking premiers in a row.

Still get a few holdouts.

But we always will

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm sure there's still some lamenting the introduction of the Bulldogs from the VFA. And there's definitely plenty of Port supporters counting SANFL premierships.

Interesting the plight of both the Suns and Blues and what the AFL will do for them I think try and line up some experienced assistants/developemnt coaches along with the money for that to the Suns and the Blues can have an increased operation cap for a couple of years to develop the kids I am sure they can fund it themselves from the supporters deep pockets. I hope they only give out end of first round priority picks to them and the Suns can have the compo or trade from Lynch
If the Suns can grab the two best mids from this draft and then to get Lloyd from the Suns and maybe another experienced player I think they will be ok in 2 years, not top 4 but not bottom four and with something to build from
The players that have left although talented it is also taking those games and experience away from the club and not trading in any more experienced players who have managed to have an impact.
The Blues can dig themselves out of the hole they are in

Interesting the plight of both the Suns and Blues and what the AFL will do for them I think try and line up some experienced assistants/developemnt coaches along with the money for that to the Suns and the Blues can have an increased operation cap for a couple of years to develop the kids I am sure they can fund it themselves from the supporters deep pockets. I hope they only give out end of first round priority picks to them and the Suns can have the compo or trade from Lynch
If the Suns can grab the two best mids from this draft and then to get Lloyd from the Suns and maybe another experienced player I think they will be ok in 2 years, not top 4 but not bottom four and with something to build from
The players that have left although talented it is also taking those games and experience away from the club and not trading in any more experienced players who have managed to have an impact.
The Blues can dig themselves out of the hole they are in
I'm not sure the Blues position is that terrible. They do have a lot of young talent and have set a course it would be hard, and probably counter productive to turn back from.

They are underperforming but key injuries including a real lack of continuity week to week really hurt a group trying to lift themselves up.

The Lions didn't suddenly become a more talented team, their recent performances are more about belief I think. That's what the Blues have to aspire to. If they get that right they'll be adding more talent from the draft, and the turnaround will happen.

The Suns have always had talent, and have a lot if draft currency. It dies seem there's something wrong in the playing group, but you cant know the dynamic from the outside. They need to get the leadership right as a matter if urgency so the input of draftees come into the right environment, in my view.

Another knee injury to alex johnson, feel for the guy given his horrendous history. 5 knee recos already. If another acl, that might be the career done unfortunately. Even if his desire to play is there, it wouldnt be in the best interest of his health. All the best to him but the way he went down didnt look good. As one would expect, the whole Sydney team look very deflated.

Tommo is one of his close mates and hope he gets around him and make sure he is well supported mentally during his recovery.

I was having a rubbish day then saw what happened to this poor lad and it put everything into perspective.

Hope the industry looks after this guy, he’s done everything in his power to make it work.
To go through 5 recos and 7 odd years of not playing, to never give up, and then get hit with a 6th in his second game back would be shattering.
Yet at 1/4 time he came out and showed a team first focus to actually get around the guys and zero sook.

That is a guy with massive character

Remove this Banner Ad

Back