Past Dan Robinson - delisted 2018

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Ignorant Post ? What is ignorant about stating something to make an opinion ? Is having NFI Ignorant ?

To the extent that I think I understand your question, the post I responded to was made immediately following last night’s game so was in response to that. Our most significant issue lately has been the ability of our on ballers and utilities to get back in numbers to assist the defence which has led to us turning the ball over across half back. Let’s call it the Hannebery Factor.

Robbo did get back last night and played an important role in releasing the ball to runners out of defence. To say that Robinson doesn’t belong on an AFL list based on last night is simply ignorant.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
probably did as well as hannebery has been doing on the weekend.

Ignorant Post ? What is ignorant about stating something to make an opinion ? Is having NFI Ignorant ?
Yes, by definition...

Ignorant:
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, unscholarly, unqualified, benighted, backward; More

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes, by definition...

Ignorant:
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, unscholarly, unqualified, benighted, backward; More

So he is suggesting he is an idiot then. Ok. Carry On. Having said that he is no orphan on this board.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
theres 22 games of evidence that he cant get many touches or impact a game of afl and 17 other teams not wanting him when he requested a trade, but time will tell I guess.

Handy Fringe

Last line spot on. Is extremely unlikely to be part of any premiership side but he is handy in that he will do an OK job for us when we require him.

Last line spot on. Is extremely unlikely to be part of any premiership side but he is handy in that he will do an OK job for us when we require him.

Yep and cheap

I think he kind of sucks to be honest

But he cracks in

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep and cheap

I think he kind of sucks to be honest

But he cracks in
You have to take the good with the bad with him. Does not win a lot of the ball to impact a game but when he does win it it's usually hard ball and does not cough it up without a fight. Also can hold a tackle. Something that has been missing and one factor in our list of ordinary performances this year.

Right on the edge a few performances late in the season may of saved him.
I am by no means a fan, but I think he's exactly what the club needs to keep on the list, a player who can just come in and know what to do and isn't going to be a deer in headlights.

Keyter

All Australian
Dec 6, 2010
Docklands
AFL Club
Sydney
Requested a trade last year. Is out of contract this year. Won't be on our list next year.

Think he will prove u wrong. Good finish to the season and one of very few to walk off the field in that diabolical final with an ok performance. He will kick on next year with Dawson, imo. Could be a solid replacement for Smith with more versatility.

Could be a solid replacement for Smith with more versatility.

He certainly is a better kick. Agree with Mr The King that his last few games may have earned him another year.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
He did some good shutdown jobs in the last month. Will probably never be in first 22 but can play multiple positions so is handy to have on our list.

I've always bracketed him with Dean Towers in my mental category of 'fringe player who occasionally does good.' They have exactly the same stats - average of 12 disposals, 3 marks, 2.5 tackles. Towers has to go because of his age and because you can only have so many 'depth players'.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
He wasn’t good, he was overrated in poor performances. That game on Whitfield was a furphy as it was a combined effort and Whitfield went quiet purely because he’s a front runner. He’s an absolute goer, I’ll give him that though! If he can snatch a spot on the list, good luck to him but it’ll only be a year by year gig in my opinion.

Back