2019 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most said the same about Hibbo this year. Not saying he won't, but Sydney really do need to change their game style going forward. Whether that effects Lloyd's future output remains to be seen.
I didn’t think Hibberd would be top 6. I think most got sucked more so because of his cheap price.

Lloyd plays the ultimate SC friendly game. Always puts himself in the right position to feed off the packs and rebound off HB. Easily a 100+ avg for mine. Lock him in my friend.

I didn’t think Hibberd would be top 6. I think most got sucked more so because of his cheap price.

Lloyd plays the ultimate SC friendly game. Always puts himself in the right position to feed off the packs and rebound off HB. Easily a 100+ avg for mine. Lock him in my friend.

I also find other parts of his game to be quite underrated. The bloke is pretty good one on one and quite often still gets an effective disposal away in contested situations.

I also find other parts of his game to be quite underrated. The bloke is pretty good one on one and quite often still gets an effective disposal away in contested situations.
Agreed.

You realise you've used around 4.1+ million on those 6 mids & 1.4 mill on your rucks. Roughly 50% of your salary cap on 7 players + 5+ million for those 7 defs & fwds. The other 15 players would all have to be 102k rooks to fit under the cap
It’s like Judd_Magic doesn’t believe in a salary cap.

E812CECD-782D-4561-AC0F-3AFCE5FD6ACE.jpeg

It’s like Judd_Magic doesn’t believe in a salary cap.

View attachment 539344

Just counting my additional $3 million dollars that will be added to my $10 million dollar salary cap for next year. :moustache::thumbsu:

Now were are those brown paper bags? :think:

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most said the same about Hibbo this year. Not saying he won't, but Sydney really do need to change their game style going forward. Whether that effects Lloyd's future output remains to be seen.
I was never on the Hibbo bandwagon, I certainly didn't expect that big of a fall; however I was wary of any affect that Lever may have had.

I hear you, but..

Robbie Gray: season ave 99.3 - current price $429,800
Dunkley: season ave 89.3 - current price $501,600

Prices would be all messed up where mid pricers who finished strongly would be irrelevant the following year and everyone would just start with the top 6 averaging forwards who all conveniently ended up priced at sub 450k by the end of the year. Kind of the opposite of what you want.

If prices are reflective of season average, we would look at someone like Dunkley priced just below premo price as a break out contender priced at 480k for Rd1 much like Walters and McLean at the start of this season and take a punt on him being a top 6 forward based on his strong back end of 2018.
Going to try and aim for this team.

Might have to go skinny up forward but I don't give a f@rk.

I want the back, mids and rucks at all costs so forwards can be all cheapies and rookies for all I care! :rainbow:

B - Laird Lloyd Whitfield Docherty

M - Mitchell Cripps J.Kelly Oliver Fyfe Macrae

R - Gawn Grundy (R/F)

F - Dangerield, Gray Dunkley R/F
I haven't seen much of the dogs this year. Has Dunkley done enough to retain FWD status? Played mostly midfield hasn't he?

I haven't seen much of the dogs this year. Has Dunkley done enough to retain FWD status? Played mostly midfield hasn't he?

Dunkley played as a marking/pressure forward from Rd's 1-9 then was dropped for not being very good/inconsistent in that role

Came back into the team in Rd14 as a run-with mid and has played exclusively in the midfield since.

If CD take into account his entire season heat map, he'll be M/F next year.

Players most likely to average highest next year: (no real surprises here)
Backs: Laird, Doc, Sicily, Lloyd, Crisp, Webster (Possibly Harris Andrews)
Mids: Titch, Piggy, Cripps, Kelly, Fyfe, Macrae, Dusty if he can stay off the turps, Matt Crouch (Now that's an impressive midfield)
Rucks: Gawn, Grundy, daylight then Ryder, Nank (reckon Stef will be on the way down next year)
Forwards: Danger, Dunkley (if he retains status) Hawkins, Tmac, Darling, Heeney (Reckon Heeney has played forward enough to retain DPP but haven't seen any heat maps)

Would be a good year to have lots of forward Rooks. Anyone wanna have a go at putting a starting price on those 18 for next year? Obviously this is put together mostly on current form, without taking into consideration breakout candidates for next year, which we get every year.

Edit: Missed JDG. Could be the best forward of the lot next year.

I like the young lad Berry. Learning the caper still & given different roles. 2 tons in the past 3 games when thrown into the midfield. This kid is very good but not much said about him
Been playing as a tagger for a good chunk of the season. Did a pretty darn good job too. If he's played as a pure ball winner, could be a real prospect. Reckon Brisbane will make finals next year with the list they are building. Looked pretty good the second half of this year.

Been playing as a tagger for a good chunk of the season. Did a pretty darn good job too. If he's played as a pure ball winner, could be a real prospect. Reckon Brisbane will make finals next year with the list they are building. Looked pretty good the second half of this year.
Yeah agreed. Very talented bunch of kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back