Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 3 - Las Vegas Bears vs Mount Buller Demons @ The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Las Vegas Bears vs Mount Buller Demons
538757_6f17b36129bd310ea4238dae1b0978a8.png

The Bears were flying high after a week one thrashing of the Wonders, piling on 30 goals while week two saw the Gumbies get the spoils of the Bears in a close game. The Demons on the other hand are riding high after two wins from two starts in season 26. A quality game match thread is on our hands here with the Bears and Demons both at the opposite ends of the bantering spectrum with the Bears led by a few spambots whereas the Demons opt more for the quality approach.

FORM GUIDE

Las Vegas Bears

The newly revamped Bears led by Joshy boy came up trumps over the lolwunders booting 30 goals, yet week two saw them crashing back to earth in week two, losing to the Gumbies by 3 goals. 30 goals in a game is not an easy effort, only the quality sides can do it, which makes the round one effort a herculean effort. Unfortunately the Gumbies got the win over the Bears in round two after star full forward kdavva74 failed to even register a major. Back One Out failed majorly with and IDC style donut effort, so he’ll be looking to hit back hard against the Demons.

Mount Buller Demons

The Demons are sneaking under the radar a bit here, with a week one win by just 15 points over the Gumbies and a 7 point win over the Royals in week two. Yakker seems to have this ship sailing in the right direction at the moment, and will be hoping to continue their form into round 3. Not too much to complain about from the Demons with contributions across the board.

Last Time They Met

Season 25 Round 9 - Mount Buller Demons 10.9 (69) lost to Las Vegas Bears 19.6 (120)

Last 5 Games
Las Vegas 4, Mount Buller 1

Who to look out for this week:

Las Vegas Bears

kdavva74 – Can the rookie turn things around after being held goalless in week two? He’s still near the top of the leaderboard for the Fred medal with his 8 goals in week one, playing on Van_Dyke isn’t an easy task, but the young star should be back on track this week.

The other Argas Tuft – Another gun Bear who is having a nice start to the season, picking up 22 touches from the back pocket. He is looking to continue his fine form in season 26 under the tutelage of Bears leader JoshWoodenSpoon.

Mount Buller Demons

Yakker – The new skipper had a bit of a off game last week, being shifted to a back pocket and gathering just 14 disposals and 28 DT points. He is wanting to bounce back to his best form this week against the Bears, but coming up against Tommycash is no easy task.

sausageroll – Bidding for the EKA Medal for the 16th season in a row, the man I know as snagers, is going to want to find some form quickly. He picked up 10 touches and a goal, but spent some time on the pine for what I can only assume was disciplinary reasons.

Prediction

The Bears seem to struggle in the gambling city losing their home opener last week while their one win came from a road thumping of the Wonders. I’m assuming that another game at home equates to another loss for the Bears so that’s where I see this one going.

Tip
Demons by 29 points.

Odds brought to you by QrownBet
Las Vegas Bears - $2.00
Mount Buller Demons - $1.90

TEAMS DUE BY 11:59pm THURSDAY

Welcome Mount Buller Demons to the bright lights of Las Vegas. It's a little warmer than y'all are used to but don't let that impact your enjoyment. Enjoy our friendly hospitality, gamble irresponsibly with our friends at Qrownbet and be sure to take in a show or four. Speaking of four, we'll be taking those points on offer on Sunday and sending you home with your first loss of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Demons are sneaking under the radar a bit here, with a week one win by just 15 points over the Gumbies and a 7 point win over the Royals in week two. Yakker seems to have this ship sailing in the right direction at the moment, and will be hoping to continue their form into round 3. Not too much to complain about from the Demons with contributions across the board.

Yes yes yes.... very insightful

Yakker – The new skipper had a bit of a off game last week, being shifted to a back pocket and gathering just 14 disposals and 28 DT points.

I am channeling RodneyDangerfield because I miss him so.

Congrats to Tommycash for giving me my 10,000th like on bigfooty, you're a champ Tommy :thumbsu::hearts:
I am going back to one of your posts that I liked and unliking so this like I just gave you is in fact your 10,000th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back