Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 3 - Coney Island Warriors vs East Side Hawks @ Van Cortlandt Park (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coney Island Warriors vs East Side Hawks
538754_2df0c79219b37828f9614de386b783ef.png

Two of the top rated sides coming into the season, the Warriors are sitting pretty on the top of the ladder with two wins from two, while the Hawks had their first victory last week against the Wonders. These two sides are the just about the hottest going around in terms of offense, sitting 2nd and 3rd respectively in attack, so this one is shaping up to be a high scoring affair. Round 3 is looking like being a classic between these two great sides, with the Van Cordlandt Park crowd expecting to top 400,000. Frankston Rover and his team are going to want to extend their winning streak to 3 while Loons’ troops are hoping to join the ladder leaders on two wins from 3 starts.

FORM GUIDE

Coney Island Warriors

The Warriors couldn’t be hotter right now, going two from two to start the season with big wins over the Dragons in round one and the Swamprats in round two, sitting top of the table. The Warriors are looking like the side to beat early on, being the leagues second stingiest defence, giving up a measely 61.5 points per game. Their offence was fantastic in week one, managing to slot through 23 goals, while week two saw another 100 plus week for the Warriors, kicking 16 majors. BigJoeD_ was exceptional up forward, booting a bag of 6 goals in the round two victory, taking him to 12 for the season. The entire midfield group consisting of TheInjuryFactory, candiehappy, DapperJong, Moo, CM9000 and Frankston Rover were all quality last week, so they are looking to follow up again this week.

East Side Hawks

One win and one loss to start the season for the Hawks reads for an alright start for the team from Waverley, but they will be wanting to get ahead of .500 after week 3. Week one saw a close loss to the reigning premiers while week two saw the Hawks pump the hapless Wonders to the tune of 15 goals thanks to 13 goals from their forward 3 of vanders, Noobz0r and The Filth Wizard. The Jesus was exceptional in the ruck, gathering 22 hitouts to go along with his 26 disposals and two goals. Papa Juggs will be looking at a stronger output this week, only managing 4 disposals and 8 DT points.

Last Time They Met

Season 25 Round 9 - East Side Hawks 18.10 (118) defeated Coney Island Warriors 12.9 (81)

Last 5 Games
East Side 5, Coney Island 0 (The Hawks' 5 game winning streak stretches back to Round 9 of Season 22)

Who to look out for this week:

Coney Island Warriors

Wooshette – Coming off another great showing, only giving up 1 goal again for the second week in a row. This time she comes up against a semi in form full forward in Noobz0r. If she can hold the spearhead to only a few goals, then the Warriors will be well on their way to defeating the Hawks.

DapperJong – The wingman is in some fine form, picking up 28 disposals and 94 DT points in a great win. Coming off a low week for him, with just 10 disposals in week one, hopefully he can continue his strong output coming up against por_please_ya or NinjaSwan.

East Side Hawks

The Half Back – The top rated half back flanker of the last two weeks, appearing in the team of the week both times. Coming off two strong weeks including 15 touches and 7 marks in week one to go along with 17 disposals and 5 marks last outing. Likely to come up against fellow brown and gold faithful, comewhatmay or out of form zackah.

boncer34 – The centre half backman and all-round SFA great guy, boncer is back and is stronger than ever this season. He has revitalised his career by actively re-joining the league with two tremendous efforts posting wise to start the season. Over 100 posts in week one, followed up by 79 posts in round 2. Hopefully we can see him get back to the Legend status boncer of a few seasons ago.

Prediction

The guys and girls from East Side are looking to continue there hot hand and pile on a large number of goals again this week, while the Warriors and going to want to continue their great start to the season and stay on top of the ladder. Looks like this is going to be another high scoring affair, so for all you full forwards out there, strap yourselves in.

Tip
Hawks by 37 points.

Odds brought to you by QrownBet
Coney Island Warriors - $1.85
East Side Hawks - $2.00

TEAMS DUE BY 11:59pm THURSDAY

Loonerty the ball is in your court. Reward your most active poster by moving him up the field or lose him. It's like baseball 3rd strike I'm out.

Damaging if true.

Loonerty the ball is in your court. Reward your most active poster by moving him up the field or lose him. It's like baseball 3rd strike I'm out.

You've been active? Shame you were never active for us.

Damaging if true.
If true?

I don't bluff. Will happily walk away if inactives continue to be rewarded ahead of me, no point in posting if they do. May as well be inactive like them and retain my spot.
You've been active? Shame you were never active for us.
I don't actually recall ever leaving the Warriors.

If true?

I don't bluff. Will happily walk away if inactives continue to be rewarded ahead of me, no point in posting if they do. May as well be inactive like them and retain my spot.

Whose spot should you take?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's never posted anything good for the Warriors, has he?

No.

I don't actually recall ever leaving the Warriors.

You got delisted, I believe, due to inactivity.

Frankie, Woosh, Wazzas. *nods*

How is BLERN-free life? Is Le Grille still on your list?

Being BLERN free is like giving up sugar. Hard at the start but you do feel better.

As for Le Grille, he makes boncer34 look like an active Warrior.

Frankie, Woosh, Wazzas. *nods*

How is BLERN-free life? Is Le Grille still on your list?
BLERN was never a Warrior, we were just a stepping stone to his true calling at the Gumbies. He's a pretty big deal over there I hear.
Le Grille is around, I guess he will post if he wants to..we don't hold players hands here
(especially zackah 's)

921c75dabf697bd1e6d511c665f6a5291388539ea12e7664eff6afe78bafceae.gif

I'd offer you the ruck spot but I'm just about to pass you on the all time hit outs for the Hawks so that's not happening. I will help you knife another player though
I wouldn't demand the spot of such an active poster.

Who do you think I should replace?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back