Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 3 - Gumbies FFC vs Sin City Swamprats @ House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Gumbies FFC vs Sin City Swamprats
538756_04eb381112835d52b62c2d93304357af.png

The Gumbies are keeping in touch with the top 8, hanging on with 1 win and 1 loss from the first two games, while the Swamprats are struggling with 2 losses and sitting outside the finals spot early in the season. The Gumbies have been revitalised this off season with some quality inclusions such as BRAB, BLERN and a few others. The Swamprats are struggling at the moment with leaders such as I Dont Care not showing up on the qootball field. Both teams are looking for the 4 points here to keep up with the ladder leaders, so expect this to be a high quality affair.

FORM GUIDE

Gumbies FFC

One and one is not a terrible start to a season, but the Gumbies topped the Bears in Vegas last week in a low scoring match. Round one saw the team formerly known as the Wolves go down to the Mount Buller Demons by 15 points, however they bounced back for a week two victory. 8 goals to 4 after half time saw the Gumbies come from behind to win by 16 points away from home. Jivlain and NSWCROW were stars for the Gumbies, kicking 9 goals between them to snatch victory for the Gumbies. The City Boyz will be feeling fresh this week after spending 100% of game time on the pine last week.

Sin City Swamprats

The Swampies are still looking for their first win of the season having losses to the Furies (26 points) in week one and the Warriors (19 points) in week two. No more honourable losses from this mob, they shall settle for nothing less than a win here. Week one wasn’t bad in the first half, keeping with the Furies up until half time but only kicking 2 goals to 7 after that was not ideal. Week two was much the same, staying with the Warriors for most of the game, however fell behind at the 1 minute mark of the 2nd term and never got the lead back from there. League suck ass Ant Bear manage to bribe his way to 8 free kicks in the close loss.

Last Time They Met

Season 25 Round 9 - Sin City Swamprats 18.11 (119) defeated Gumbies FFC 18.9 (117)

Last 5 Games
Gumbies 4, Sin City 1 (before last year's narrow loss, the Gumbies had beaten the Swampies 6 times in a row)

Who to look out for this week:

Gumbies FFC

Uncle_Leo – Former EKA winner and league *******, Leo is back and out for vengeance, trying to take on the league one team at a time. Not only was he a star on the field last week, holding the Fred leader goalless last week, but he is back to his devastating best off the field as well. Really looking forward to seeing this guy back at his annoying best.

Quivorir – Quality on and off the field. Great poster and doing well on field, leading a rejuvenated Gumbies outfit towards a finals march.

Sin City Swamprats

GotTheGoodes – At the opposite end of the spectrum, GtG has been nothing short of amazing. After his last start 34 disposal, 4 mark effort, he will be looking to continue this hot form into week 3 against an admirable Gumbies midfield.

I Dont Care – This is a guy to look out for, for all the wrong reasons. IDC has been nothing short of putrid since joining the Swamprats this season, managing donuts in week one and less than donuts in week two. This guy needs to find some form and find it fast, getting beaten is one thing, but having 2 Free Kicks against as your only stats through two weeks is just not good enough.

Prediction

Hopefully the Swamprats show up this week after half time, otherwise it will be much the same as the last two weeks. Expect the Gumbies to look for early ball movement into the forward line to set up Jiv, the Crow and others with goals on the board to start the game.

Tip
Gumbies by 21 points.

Odds brought to you by QrownBet
Gumbies FFC - $1.85
Sin City Swamprats - $2.00

TEAMS DUE BY 11:59pm THURSDAY

Hey Gumbies! Let's ******* break these pricks (and BLERN) Swampies! #sackantbear
Im unbreakable.

As promised DERO i have a feeling you will want to come and visit this match thread.

Ant Bear

The sim wont save you this time.

Im unbreakable.

As promised DERO i have a feeling you will want to come and visit this match thread.

Ant Bear

Watch it campaigner, I'll Gaff you if you step out of line.

If past history of threads against the Swamprats is anything to go by this should be horrific.

Who is your full forward? Give me their details immediately!!!
We aim to not please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch it campaigner, I'll Gaff you if you step out of line.
You can try. I dont mind a bit of niggle. I have several gaff like moments every week.

This was me last week
Screenshot_20180805-150105.jpg

Knock a guy out then blame his teammates

#goodbloke

Im unbreakable.

Ant Bear

Pfffffft... All that time we've spent behind the scenes schmoozing simmers, taking them out for dinner, meeting their families, paying their home loans... It all has to come to fruition at some point. Just don't want to make it too obvious, obviously.

You can try. I dont mind a bit of niggle. I have several gaff like moments every week.

This was me last week
View attachment 539494

Knock a guy out then blame his teammates

#goodbloke
You obviously missed.
TheInjuryFactory has the ball, turns past GotTheGoodes and goes for a run, Smiles is behind him aaaand gets him! He lets him know about it too. Then ten minutes later. TheInjuryFactory going for the ball from the tap. MASSIVE HIT FROM SMILES. He's seeing stars.

You're next mate #goodbloke

Yep - unlike me, the season is still young. A win here gets us back on track.

Yeah a win will help the morale!

Now bring me the whisky!

Ah the Gumbies, how I look forward to this week against you.

So BLERN is the alleged #goodbloke but as long as no-one Gaff's anyone, this should be an entertaining week, I'm sure.

Pfffffft... All that time we've spent behind the scenes schmoozing simmers, taking them out for dinner, meeting their families, paying their home loans... It all has to come to fruition at some point. Just don't want to make it too obvious, obviously.
I had coffee with Qillon McQachlan yesterday in preperation for this week. Informing him of the rules that will and wont be acceptable this week.

He settled on a compromise that i get tp choose all the umps for the game.

You obviously missed.
TheInjuryFactory has the ball, turns past GotTheGoodes and goes for a run, Smiles is behind him aaaand gets him! He lets him know about it too. Then ten minutes later. TheInjuryFactory going for the ball from the tap. MASSIVE HIT FROM SMILES. He's seeing stars.

You're next mate #goodbloke

#firsttotheball
#freekickBLERN

I had coffee with Qillon McQachlan yesterday in preperation for this week. Informing him of the rules that will and wont be acceptable this week.

He settled on a compromise that i get tp choose all the umps for the game.

#firsttotheball
#freekickBLERN
tenor.gif

As long as the umpires don't see this as high we'll be right

Gunning for BLERN this week.

We got your number mate...
13?

Pretty easy to get, tis on the first page in the team thread

Line in the sand game but instead of beating up the Bombers we'll be going straight for BLERN #goodblokes

Works for me, you guys will need 3 or 4 to even slow me down, and that will just free up the rest of our mids to dominate

#teamplayer
#goodbloke

Ah the Gumbies, how I look forward to this week against you.

So BLERN is the alleged #goodbloke but as long as no-one Gaff's anyone, this should be an entertaining week, I'm sure.

Just dont put anyone with a bad temper on me and they wont be so demoralised about me dominating that they resort to #thuglyf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back