Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 3 - Baghdad Bombers vs Dragons FFC @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Baghdad Bombers vs Dragons FFC
538753_f7737a8d3478c61356559b60463bb913.png

Bottom of the ladder battle this one, two sides that have been dismal in the qooty sense in the first two rounds of the year. The Bombers have only scored 94 points in the first two games, while their opponents for this one, the Dragons, have only managed a slightly less paltry 108 points. Two of the three heaviest points differentials in the SFA history, with only the Wonders this year worst. These two teams are desperately looking for a win and wanting to get their seasons back on track. Baghdad are back at home for the first time this season and are wanting to put on a show for their faithful supporters, while the Dragons are on the road again, hoping to break the goose egg in season 26.

FORM GUIDE

Baghdad Bombers

The form guide doesn’t read well for the Bombers early in the season, going down to the Gold City Royals in week one by 57 points. The worst part was the lack of firepower up forward, only managing 2.4.16 in one of the worst performances in SFA history. Week two wasn’t a whole lot better for KohPhi ’s men, going down to the Furies by an even 10 goals. BEEG was a standout for the Bombers last week, managing to boot 7 out of the 12 total goals, while TheCoach16 was serviceable in the midfield gathering 17 touches, 8 tackles, 6 free kicks, a goal and a game high 90 DT points. nahnah is going to be looking for a better game this week after turning in just 5 handballs and 7 DT points.

Dragons FFC

The form guide for the Dragons reads much the same as the Bombers, having two defeats to start the season. The heavier of the two came in round 1 at the hands of the Coney Island Warriors by a whopping 112 points. Their score of 6.3.39 was the equal lowest score by a Dragons outfit in their combined history. Week two was slightly better for the Dragons, going down to the Roys by just 3 goals. The French maestro PhenomenalV1 booted 5 goals to keep up with the Fred leaders while rookie Wayne's-World picked up 31 touches, 9 marks and a goal. Captain Blaze Storm will be looking to bounce back after his 1 kick effort last week.

Last Time They Met

Season 25 First Semi Final - Dragons 15.10 (100) defeated Bombers 11.13 (79)

Last 5 Games
Dragons 3, Baghdad 2

Who to look out for this week:

Baghdad Bombers

BEEG – Key full forward, coming up against Determinant, who has given up the 4th most goals to Full Forwards this season. BEEG will be looking to continue his form from last week and hopefully slot through another bag of goals. He missed out in round 1, managing to be shutdown by Smartys Power and held goalless.

Matty411 – Young star on the up, will be coming up against another young ruck in xenxen. Matty will be looking to get on top early and win the ruck dual, servicing his midfield stars of The Coach, Cayz and ArgusTuft (the other one.)

Dragons FFC

WFL – The young midfielder is out for revenge this week, after a lean week on the park last outing, managing just 20 disposals against the Roys. A big week, likely to be lined up against nahnah or the SNAKE man himself.

mike123 – Another one of the Dragons leaders that needs to step up this week, after just 15 touches last week. An important battle in the midfield this week, mike will likely be coming up The Coach.

Prediction

Broken said during the week that this may be the first negative scoring game in SFA history but I feel like they can at least score on each other this week. Hopefully this game is not a blow out as I feel it would derail one side or the other’s season after just 3 games. The Dragons did look better against the reigning premiers last start, but I feel like the Bombers will get the chocolates in this one.

Tip

Bombers by 25 points.

Odds brought to you by QrownBet

Baghdad Bombers - $1.80
Dragons FFC - $2.05

TEAMS DUE BY 11:59pm THURSDAY

Baghdad Bombers vs Dragons FFC
538753_f7737a8d3478c61356559b60463bb913.png

Bottom of the ladder battle this one, two sides that have been dismal in the qooty sense in the first two rounds of the year. The Bombers have only scored 94 points in the first two games, while their opponents for this one, the Dragons, have only managed a slightly less paltry 108 points. Two of the three heaviest points differentials in the SFA history, with only the Wonders this year worst. These two teams are desperately looking for a win and wanting to get their seasons back on track. Baghdad are back at home for the first time this season and are wanting to put on a show for their faithful supporters, while the Dragons are on the road again, hoping to break the goose egg in season 26.

FORM GUIDE

Baghdad Bombers

The form guide doesn’t read well for the Bombers early in the season, going down to the Gold City Royals in week one by 57 points. The worst part was the lack of firepower up forward, only managing 2.4.16 in one of the worst performances in SFA history. Week two wasn’t a whole lot better for KohPhi ’s men, going down to the Furies by an even 10 goals. BEEG was a standout for the Bombers last week, managing to boot 7 out of the 12 total goals, while TheCoach16 was serviceable in the midfield gathering 17 touches, 8 tackles, 6 free kicks, a goal and a game high 90 DT points. nahnah is going to be looking for a better game this week after turning in just 5 handballs and 7 DT points.

Dragons FFC

The form guide for the Dragons reads much the same as the Bombers, having two defeats to start the season. The heavier of the two came in round 1 at the hands of the Coney Island Warriors by a whopping 112 points. Their score of 6.3.39 was the equal lowest score by a Dragons outfit in their combined history. Week two was slightly better for the Dragons, going down to the Roys by just 3 goals. The French maestro PhenomenalV1 booted 5 goals to keep up with the Fred leaders while rookie Wayne's-World picked up 31 touches, 9 marks and a goal. Captain Blaze Storm will be looking to bounce back after his 1 kick effort last week.

Last Time They Met

Season 25 First Semi Final - Dragons 15.10 (100) defeated Bombers 11.13 (79)

Last 5 Games
Dragons 3, Baghdad 2

Who to look out for this week:

Baghdad Bombers

BEEG – Key full forward, coming up against Determinant, who has given up the 4th most goals to Full Forwards this season. BEEG will be looking to continue his form from last week and hopefully slot through another bag of goals. He missed out in round 1, managing to be shutdown by Smartys Power and held goalless.

Matty411 – Young star on the up, will be coming up against another young ruck in xenxen. Matty will be looking to get on top early and win the ruck dual, servicing his midfield stars of The Coach, Cayz and ArgusTuft (the other one.)

Dragons FFC

WFL – The young midfielder is out for revenge this week, after a lean week on the park last outing, managing just 20 disposals against the Roys. A big week, likely to be lined up against nahnah or the SNAKE man himself.

mike123 – Another one of the Dragons leaders that needs to step up this week, after just 15 touches last week. An important battle in the midfield this week, mike will likely be coming up The Coach.

Prediction

Broken said during the week that this may be the first negative scoring game in SFA history but I feel like they can at least score on each other this week. Hopefully this game is not a blow out as I feel it would derail one side or the other’s season after just 3 games. The Dragons did look better against the reigning premiers last start, but I feel like the Bombers will get the chocolates in this one.

Tip

Bombers by 25 points.

Odds brought to you by QrownBet

Baghdad Bombers - $1.80
Dragons FFC - $2.05

TEAMS DUE BY 11:59pm THURSDAY
Noice write up, The Half Back I fully intend to service my midfielders this weekend. On and off the Qooty field. Don't forget the lubrication, TheCoach16 _Cayz_ and ArgusTuft

Can I be traded this match KohPhi?

I believe this is our first match up xenxen

Hoping for a good, clean matchup this weekend where I completely wipe the floor with you. Should I pack my headgear and double mouth guard... because... you know... the West Coast thing?

I am not at the Wonders anymore...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hiya xen. Hows you?

Hows the match thread going??? :D

I am well and how are you?

Going great I think...when are you going to finish your Dragon Island story?

I dont know :'( life has been hectic for me lately and i keep signing up to do extra behind the scenes stuff for the Sweet FA.

But i rekon it will be a great piece to bring back if things get boring or quite for any reason. Too many boring threads lately

Stop patronising him, we all know it was a s**t thread and it was better just left at that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back