Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 3 - West Coast Wonders vs Fighting Furies @ The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Wonders vs Fighting Furies
538758_d61b424314807576455e809811dbf210.png

What more can be said about West Coast apart from #lolwunders. Giving up 60 goals in 3 games is poor defence. Giving up 60 goals in 2 games is terrible. The Furies forwards will be licking their chops seeing this horrid defence take the field this week. The defence “was” lead by haydo who is now since retired due to giving up 6 goals last week against the Hawks. The Furies are the clear favourites in this match up which is threatening to be one sided.

FORM GUIDE

West Coast Wonders

Hard to find the positives with this team at the moment. They were okay in week one against the Bears, but have given up 379 points in two outings is just not good enough from a qooty sense. There’s not much more you can say about a team that concedes 60 goals in two games. okeydoke7 was good up forward booting 5 goals in his last start.

Fighting Furies

Second from the top of the ladder, the Furies a fighting fit with two wins from two taking down the Rats by 26 points week one and easily accounting for the Bombers by 12 goals last weekend. The Furies are back on the road again, travelling out West to take on the hapless Wonders.

Last Time They Met

Season 25 Round 9 - Fighting Furies 12.6 (78) lost to West Coast Wonders 13.11 (89)

Last 5 Games
West Coast 2, Furies 3

Who to look out for this week:

West Coast Wonders

haydo – I’ll be looking out for haydo in the coaches box this week, after announcing his retirement mid-last week. Maybe taking himself out of the backline and placing himself in the stands is what the Wonders need to keep an opponent under 30 goals.

Sab22 – This rookie keeps getting better after each lowering of the sun both on and off the field. His quality posting is enjoyable to banter against, but his on field work is also high quality. 30 touches, 9 marks and 2 goals is some quality output from this fine young man.

Fighting Furies

Sterge – How can you miss him. His sexy non-Ke$ha related avatar, his loud outspoken nature and on field output, not to mention his always on the look out for s**t trucks. Here’s hoping he can get under the skins of the Wonders posters and also kick a bag on Sunday.

Wacky Tiger – Not sure if he is still the captain or not, but he’s playing in a back pocket and he’s an alright dude I guess. Much better than the dumbass that’s running the joint at the moment, oh well, beggars can’t be choosers.

Prediction

Another 30 goal game could be devastating for the Wonders and big changes need to be made to try and salvage something out of this season. Believe it or not, I think the Furies have what it takes to cracked the 20 goal mark, but 30 might be a bit much 3 weeks in a row. I’d love to see the Wonders go down by a large margin again, here’s hoping it’s by 92 to keep up a solid average losing margin.

Tip
Furies by 48 points.

Odds brought to you by QrownBet
West Coast Wonders - $2.50
Fighting Furies - $1.50

TEAMS DUE BY 11:59pm THURSDAY

Lol this will be like a training drill for our forwards.
Honestly if we keep haydo down there it probably will be.

Our new plan is to score, score and score some more. No defence.

oi hi gang
I have some few questions for our #coolhashtag friends
1. Is your backline going to show up this week?
2. Should I just block you because "teh furies only banter with themselves lol what a ramble"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oi hi gang
I have some few questions for our #coolhashtag friends
1. Is your backline going to show up this week?
2. Should I just block you because "teh furies only banter with themselves lol what a ramble"?
I'd rather you didn't talk to us to be honest.

That’s cute.

No, it's a disgrace that such an uncompetitive team is allowed to be in the SFA. I'm not supporting this kind of subsidisation of weak loser sides

Lol even Chappy will be able to score in this game!

5 different Hawks kicked 3 or more :D
I stand corrected. Bye everybody!
No, it's a disgrace that such an uncompetitive team is allowed to be in the SFA. I'm not supporting this kind of subsidisation of weak loser sides
Thank God, the week with the Furies will be somewhat enjoyable with your fat ass on the sidelines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back