Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

State Gov waiting for the Fed’s contribution to be rubber stamped. That’s from Andrew Wellington as of last night.

And the federal government is waiting until the state LNP gets its kicks in before rubberstamping it, that way the opposition can claim credit for "forcing" the government to do what it was already doing. Business as usual.

So are we still waiting on a firm commitment from the Federal Gov now?
Or is it still on the State?

Putting the pieces together:
  • We've got a funding commitment (prior to the budget) from the State Government, which lead to...
  • We've got a letter indicating funding approval from the Federal Government for funding through the Regional Grants fund, which lead to...
  • We've got funding in the budget from the State Government contingent upon matching Federal funds, which lead to...
  • We're waiting on final approval of Regional Grants funding from the Federal Government.

• We've got a funding commitment (prior to the budget) from the State Government, which lead to...
  • We've got a letter indicating funding approval from the Federal Government for funding through the Regional Grants fund, which lead to...
  • We've got funding in the budget from the State Government contingent upon matching Federal funds, which lead to...
  • We're waiting on final approval of Regional Grants funding from the Federal Government.
Yep, exactly what I thought.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We understand the Queensland State Government has allowed in their budgeting for a $15 million contribution to the project, however that has not been specifically allocated to the project in the last State budget as it is effectively dependent on other levels of Government making contributions, including the Federal Government.

We have made a formal application to the Federal Government for funding and we are working with the Federal Government to help them assess our application, recognising that there is a process to be worked through so the project may be assessed on its merits. We will endeavour to keep our stakeholders updated as we work through this process recognising we also need to respect the process that governments have to follow in allocating public funds to community projects.

http://m.lions.com.au/news/2018-08-01/ask-the-chairman-july

...or a supporter who wins 70mil in Oz Lotto tonight, willing to donate some of that money to the Lions.

Have heard this way be dead in the water and that the Academy parents are not keen on Springfield as well. Maybe worth looking at what the Gold Coast Titans have done ie hook up with a local golf club as the premium tenant and develop a couple of ovals onsite

Have heard this way be dead in the water and that the Academy parents are not keen on Springfield as well. Maybe worth looking at what the Gold Coast Titans have done ie hook up with a local golf club as the premium tenant and develop a couple of ovals onsite
My daughter works at the shopping center right next door to the site and she has told me that earthworks have started there, this was also alluded to by Greg Swan IIRC.

Source?

My daughter works at the shopping center right next door to the site and she has told me that earthworks have started there, this was also alluded to by Greg Swan IIRC.

Source?
I have been there for a look myself and the land has definitely been cleared and the site was fully fenced with the temporary fencing.

Academy parents need to harden up. If you want your kids to become pro athletes you need to set yourself for a life of sacrifices.

Swimming and rowing parents have it worse and there is basically no career to come out of it.

Maybe worth looking at what the Gold Coast Titans have done ie hook up with a local golf club as the premium tenant and develop a couple of ovals onsite
What about the admin offices, gym facilities, etc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back