MRP / Trib. How many weeks for Gaff? LIVE Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right final call, what do we think?

I’m thinking six, but could see seven. Anything over that is, erm, overs.

Low key hope he gets four just for the continued outrage.
It will be 7 . The media who barrack for the clubs in contention have all decided that.

I don't believe Gaff wanted to get Brayshaw in the face and I think Gaffs a good person. But he really needs a much better lawyer. Terrible defence.

The prosecution said it best, "Good people do bad things. It doesn't make them bad people. But the jury's responsibility is to punish the act, not just the person, and the act is very bad".

I hope people don't unfairly attack Gaff after this. Hopefully your club protects him from the backlash that's coming.
cheers. Everyone in footy circles was shocked to see the replay that Gaff swung such a punch. He's always been squeaky clean but to hate on the Eagles when we are performing well is part and parcel of the AFL these days.

What link are you reading I cut and paste this out of the link.
"In contrast to Nisbett's comments, Angus pointed to his family being livid about the incident and hinted his family could take the matter further if the AFL Tribunal didn't come down hard on Gaff, who's out of contract at the end of 2018 and unlikely to play again this season.
The actual quotes talk about Angus' feelings, not the broader family. That's the journo reading into it.

It's still the "If he gets less than 7 someone should do something about it". Now paint me cynical, but this comes from a potential finals opponent.

Just heard Angus speak on Fox. We wasn't very happy at all, mentioning this would be assault and jail time if this happened on the street or nightclub.. Saying gaff lined him up. Not so sure that he would so accepting of Gaff coming to the club
an opinion based on hitting him in the face deliberately...meh.

it'll be 9-10 I've said it before and I'll say it again. The AFL will be loving the fact that it's us they can set the precedent on here. The tribunal consistently applies the most lenient penalties where it suits then (GWS, marketable melbourne player cases) but loves coming down on the eagles.

That's what made this so stupid they'll take any opportunity to make success as hard as possible for us and I don't see tonight being an exception.

Don't remember too much of the media questioning club culture when Hodge got a DUI at the hawks?

Doesn't help that we don't pander to the media's every desire so they run the propaganda machine overtime on us while not making a peep on repeat offenders like Cameron.

I don't believe Gaff wanted to get Brayshaw in the face and I think Gaffs a good person. But he really needs a much better lawyer. Terrible defence.

I disagreed with elements of the defence, but what was terrible about it exactly? What would you have done differently?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard Angus speak on Fox. We wasn't very happy at all, mentioning this would be assault and jail time if this happened on the street or nightclub.. Saying gaff lined him up. Not so sure that he would so accepting of Gaff coming to the club
If he does leave, would be interesting to see what happens if he did end up at Melbourne...

I think 8 weeks.

More than what Hall got but hey we aren't the AFL's pet and everyone hates us!

If it was a Richmond or Collingwood player it would be 4 - 5

Grace says a penalty of 8-12 weeks is "manifestly excessive". He argues that the starting position for the sanction is 3 matches. He says he will not suggest a definitive penalty for the Tribunal, but says a penalty should be at the lower end rather than the "demonstratively higher figure" of 8-12 weeks.

So set up nicely for 15 weeks. The AFL prosecutor says between 3 and 8.

Now watch the tribunal ignore him and smash Gaff with 8+.

The actual quotes talk about Angus' feelings, not the broader family. That's the journo reading into it.

It's still the "If he gets less than 7 someone should do something about it". Now paint me cynical, but this comes from a potential finals opponent.
The Brawshaws are all class. And their kids are as well. Media is rotten to the core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back