MRP / Trib. How many weeks for Gaff? LIVE Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be a time when the media couldn't discuss tribunal matters until after the hearing

Now we have opposition coaches and players giving their thoughts on potential punishments without challenge

The AFL has become a circus and I've had a gutful

They are not actually deliberating right now. They are out the back having a smoke. Be another minute or 2.

I've been expecting 7 since I first saw it. Was some decent lawyering but with the media outrage etc I don't think it could ever be any less than that.

I agree.

But with Lewis's record, getting 3 was unders I reckon.
Just like asking 12 weeks for Gaff is overs.
Lewis punched Cripps twice, the second time he hit he was practically unconscious as he was falling, he broke his jaw in 3 places and got 3 weeks with absolute minimal media outrage. Then Bugg got 6 for a concussion

I don't get the MRP tbh, people are calling for Gaff's head but Lewis hit was much worse in my opinion. There was an obvious bias there, but Gaff deserves 6 and Lewis probably deserved 6-8

If Gaff gets more than what Hall did, that would be a joke. Im not downplaying what Gaff did, but Hall’s hit was an intentional blow to the jaw (squared up with eye contact), and Hall has a worse track record than Sudan at the Winter Olympics.

it'll be 9-10 I've said it before and I'll say it again. The AFL will be loving the fact that it's us they can set the precedent on here. The tribunal consistently applies the most lenient penalties where it suits then (GWS, marketable melbourne player cases) but loves coming down on the eagles.

That's what made this so stupid they'll take any opportunity to make success as hard as possible for us and I don't see tonight being an exception.

Don't remember too much of the media questioning club culture when Hodge got a DUI at the hawks?

Doesn't help that we don't pander to the media's every desire so they run the propaganda machine overtime on us while not making a peep on repeat offenders like Cameron.

upload_2018-8-7_10-27-19.png

There used to be a time when the media couldn't discuss tribunal matters until after the hearing

Now we have opposition coaches and players giving their thoughts on potential punishments without challenge

Couldn't agree more. It's entirely inappropriate for an opponent to be talking about potential tribunal outcomes for a player on the AFL official site.

Absolute madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% this - media/personalities thinking they're bigger than the game we watch because we love it.

cheers. Everyone in footy circles was shocked to see the replay that Gaff swung such a punch. He's always been squeaky clean but to hate on the Eagles when we are performing well is part and parcel of the AFL these days.

Yeah the tall poppy syndrome is well and truly alive. The AFL public haven't exactly been thrilled with us since we stopped being the joke club either. Footy media and social media make it much worse too.

Lewis punched Cripps twice, the second time he hit he was practically unconscious as he was falling, he broke his jaw in 3 places and got 3 weeks with absolute minimal media outrage. Then Bugg got 6 for a concussion

I don't get the MRP tbh, people are calling for Gaff's head but Lewis hit was much worse in my opinion. There was an obvious bias there, but Gaff deserves 6 and Lewis probably deserved 6-8

I'm pretty sure Cripps only missed a week.

Same. I really am cheesed off , angry, with media hammering my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back