Rumour Dan Hannebery to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

800k a year. Close enough to a mil.
It's $200,000 short. If that's your concept of rounding up, I'll work for you.

Pretty much only this year.

Nah, 2017 was well down on his usual output, although still a decent enough season. I don't like to use AFL Fantasy points generally when comparing different players, but it's an easy enough way to compare a player against themselves:

2014: 95.3
2015: 108.6 (voted best player in the comp by coaches)
2016: 107.4 (voted 7th best player in the comp by coaches)
2017: 93.4
2018: 58.2 (yikes)

I actually don't think it would be the worst pick up in the world by the Saints. Although I'm genuinely confused why they'd offer him an extra 2 years on top of the 3 he's already got after this one. You'd really hope there's some protections in there for St. Kilda. But at the end of the day you've got to spend the money on someone. You take the risk hoping he gets back to something approximating his 2015/2016 form and you've got one of the best players in the competition.

Nah, 2017 was well down on his usual output, although still a decent enough season. I don't like to use AFL Fantasy points generally when comparing different players, but it's an easy enough way to compare a player against themselves:

2014: 95.3
2015: 108.6 (voted best player in the comp by coaches)
2016: 107.4 (voted 7th best player in the comp by coaches)
2017: 93.4
2018: 58.2 (yikes)

I actually don't think it would be the worst pick up in the world by the Saints. Although I'm genuinely confused why they'd offer him an extra 2 years on top of the 3 he's already got after this one. You'd really hope there's some protections in there for St. Kilda. But at the end of the day you've got to spend the money on someone. You take the risk hoping he gets back to something approximating his 2015/2016 form and you've got one of the best players in the competition.

He was definitely playing hurt in 2017, I went to a few games last year and saw him live but he was not running freely.

This year he doesn’t look injured, he just looks short of a gallop (and few kgs heavier) due to having no preseason and to be fair to him he has spent most of his time as a defensive forward with small bursts in the midfield so his output was also going to go down.

I don’t think he is done yet, if he gets a full preseason and the miles in his legs he is more than capable of bouncing back next year.

In regards to his trade options, I believe he still contracted until the end of 2019. Right now he is not the attractive option he was a couple of years ago.

He was definitely playing hurt in 2017, I went to a few games last year and saw him live but he was not running freely.

This year he doesn’t look injured, he just looks short of a gallop (and few kgs heavier) due to having no preseason and to be fair to him he has spent most of his time as a defensive forward with small bursts in the midfield so his output was also going to go down.

I don’t think he is done yet, if he gets a full preseason and the miles in his legs he is more than capable of bouncing back next year.

In regards to his trade options, I believe he still contracted until the end of 2019. Right now he is not the attractive option he was a couple of years ago.

He's contracted until the end of 2021. If it was just one more year than I definitely wouldn't be trading him. But if he doesn't regain his form and always present possibility we might have Buddy on the books but not actually playing in 2021 that's a huge cap hit.

Well considering we are no chance of landing a big fish I'd say we could do a lot worse than an experienced premiership midfielder.

Jarryd Blair is also available if you're after one of those

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's contracted until the end of 2021. If it was just one more year than I definitely wouldn't be trading him. But if he doesn't regain his form and always present possibility we might have Buddy on the books but not actually playing in 2021 that's a huge cap hit.

I didn't realise that he signed a 2 year extension, when did that happen?

I didn't realise that he signed a 2 year extension, when did that happen?

He didn’t. He signed a 5 year extension at the end of the 2015 season with 2016 still left on his prior contract.

17,18,19,20,21 - 5 year contract.

Maybe they will take him and can shack him up with paddy mcartin, after all he has the massive gap in his teeth and can speak normally irhoit a lisp. Stupid move by the saints If they get him

He's no Ablett but he can take Aaron Blacks list spot and i'd be very happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back