News Hodge playing on in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Had SEN on in the background and I'm sure I heard that Hodge would be playing on next year. I think David Noble was being interviewed

Can't see where this has been posted elsewwhere.

Anyway, Hodge has been excellent both on and off the field and I think if he holds his form, he easily desrves a spot in the side next year.

Had SEN on in the background and I'm sure I heard that Hodge would be playing on next year. I think David Noble was being interviewed

Anyway, Hodge has been excellent both on and off the field and I think if he holds his form, he easily desrves a spot in the side next year.

I admit I was dubious last year - at least about the onfield benefit - but he has sold me. Makes us better each game he plays; makes the team better for years to come with the wisdom he is imparting.

Would be awesome if he snuck a final in before he went out too...

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
No real surprise, he signed on for 2 years anyway didn't he?

I'd expect him to scale down his on field role though particularly in the 2nd half of the year to let the younger guys step up and take over the on field coaching/directing role, 15-18 games for him next year IMO even if fit.

Maybe come in for the finals.:D

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Adding fuel to Hodge playing on... Marngrook has just suggested an ex team mate of Cyril has called him about playing for the lions next season.

Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team
Adding fuel to Hodge playing on... Marngrook has just suggested an ex team mate of Cyril has called him about playing for the lions next season.
Just saw that , my goodness that would be interesting !

Wow. Just .. wow. Get him to act as the forward line general I guess and do for them what hodge has done for the back line. Could be interesting. We become the hawks lite -hawks old?

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wow. Just .. wow. Get him to act as the forward line general I guess and do for them what hodge has done for the back line. Could be interesting. We become the hawks lite -hawks old?
Think we might have to trade for him after our full back retirement rules

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides

Having spoken with the veteran defender in recent weeks, Noble immediately got the vibe that the four-time premiership player is keen to fulfil his current contract.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/08/brisbane-gm-provides-update-on-luke-hodge's-playing-future/

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides

Walker getting in on the BS.....

38829194_10156419794541217_124754424693260288_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was weird of Stuart Dew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back