Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Diesel got 8 for brushing some fluff off an ump.

Gaff gets 8 weeks for permanently disfiguring a bloke, traumatizing his family and friends and ending his season.

Pretty sure that umpy Diesel 'assaulted' was able to eat solids in the month after the contact.

* me.

He mistimes that punch and the kid could have died.

Last edited:

swannyfan

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wall St. Turtles

Gaff gets 8 weeks for permanently disfiguring bloke, traumatizing his family and friends and ending his season.

Pretty sure that umpy Diesel 'assaulted' was able to eat solids in the month after the contact.

**** me.

Extending max ban to a yr or season may actually make them think a bit more before deciding to put someone in hospital or causing life long injury/trauma.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney

Gaff gets 8 weeks for permanently disfiguring a bloke, traumatizing his family and friends and ending his season.

**** me.

I think he did mistime the punch and that’s why he’s serving 8 weeks now. This punchy, punchy bullshit along with the argy bargy and bumpy wumpy is just so ******* ingrained and ridiculous at this time that it takes away from the good old fashioned game of football! Yeah, sure, back in the day you could say it was more ‘violent’ due to the fact that the two blokes stood toe to toe and bludgeoned each other but *, at least they could share a smoke and a can straight after the game.

Now Gaff has made a mistake and I believe he didn’t intentionally mean to hit Brayshaw in the gob, however he did and he deserves a penalty. He deserves a penalty for his action and he deserves a penalty for wanting to strike the lad in the first place because nobody needs to hit someone behind play. To me, his penalty is not severe enough and should’ve been 10 with Barry Hall used as a precedent (yeah he got a reduction but that’s moot now).

The lucky one out of this has to be Jeremy Cameron for his soft pathetic effort on Harris Andrews and for someone with history at the tribunal, 5 weeks was not enough.

Who can feel aggrieved? Well Zac Jones must be devastated to receive 2 because he ran into a head in a contest where the head is now sacrosanct, but that was no deliberate action to harm, it was a deliberate action to win the ball. And yep, Diesel should be furious!

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I think he did mistime the punch and that’s why he’s serving 8 weeks now. This punchy, punchy bullshit along with the argy bargy and bumpy wumpy is just so ******* ingrained and ridiculous at this time that it takes away from the good old fashioned game of football! Yeah, sure, back in the day you could say it was more ‘violent’ due to the fact that the two blokes stood toe to toe and bludgeoned each other but ****, at least they could share a smoke and a can straight after the game.

Now Gaff has made a mistake and I believe he didn’t intentionally mean to hit Brayshaw in the gob, however he did and he deserves a penalty. He deserves a penalty for his action and he deserves a penalty for wanting to strike the lad in the first place because nobody needs to hit someone behind play. To me, his penalty is not severe enough and should’ve been 10 with Barry Hall used as a precedent (yeah he got a reduction but that’s moot now).

The lucky one out of this has to be Jeremy Cameron for his soft pathetic effort on Harris Andrews and for someone with history at the tribunal, 5 weeks was not enough.

Who can feel aggrieved? Well Zac Jones must be devastated to receive 2 because he ran into a head in a contest where the head is now sacrosanct, but that was no deliberate action to harm, it was a deliberate action to win the ball. And yep, Diesel should be furious!
Not against this. Anyhow its done and all swans should move onto smashing the upper class rats this week. Whatever happens the Gaff case won't change.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Not against this. Anyhow its done and all swans should move onto smashing the upper class rats this week. Whatever happens the Gaff case won't change.
s**t, I don’t think I ever wrote that much at school! But I do remember being smashed by this overrated mob plenty of times...go bloods, we will win this!

Back