Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

I will back this up. Atrocious decision making and an even worse kick. Terrible player

Off the field he's running an absolute 12/10 missus.

Just had a look, if she's the one that comes up on Google he's done much much better than he should. Being an AFL player would be nice.

... Unless you're Buckley of course.

There are so many players who are scared of making the wrong decision that they just never make a decision at all, and I think the shitter they appear to get the more they worry about it. I think most people would agree the worst types of players are 'panicers', dudes that handball into traffic constantly or sell the ball before it's even come into their hands, thinking 3 kicks ahead but not thinking about the ball actually coming into their hands etc.

If you can hit AFL levels in the modern game you're pretty good, so in reality I think a s**t footballer is now, more than ever, more of a indictment on the coaching group than themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit. Silvagni played against some of the all time great full forwards and if you ask players like Lockett, Dunstall and Ablett they will say he was a fantastic player. Truly deserved being named Full Back of the century.
Really? Out of interest, do you think we were blessed with elite FFs from 1990 to 1995? Or do you think maybe, just maybe defenses hadn't modernized as quickly as midfields? Because lots of FFs kicked tons during that period.

SOS was a hell of a player, could've kicked 100 himself during that period, which kinda proves my point.

Bullshit. Silvagni played against some of the all time great full forwards and if you ask players like Lockett, Dunstall and Ablett they will say he was a fantastic player. Truly deserved being named Full Back of the century.
Really? Out of interest, do you think we were blessed with elite FFs from 1990 to 1995? Or do you think maybe, just maybe defenses hadn't modernized as quickly as midfields? Because lots of FFs kicked tons during that period.

SOS was a hell of a player, could've kicked 100 himself during that period, which kinda proves my point.

Hard to argue with crazy.

I suggest you open a thread proposing your 1990 to 1995 theory.

He was picked in 2011 Grand Final and performed off half back. Get over it.

Performed so well he went kick chasing and his direct opponent kicked a goal in the first 15 seconds en route to 3 for the day, including the sealer in the last quarter where he ran from the back flank to the forward flank with no Leon Davis in sight.

The worst surely has to be relatable to the projections of where they were at.

I mean, a player who’s come through the rookie list and played 10 games before being dumped has kind of met expectation.

That’s why I’d go for Richard Tambling.

Pick 4, and supposedly the best player to have come out of NT. The hype on this guy was something else and yet he looked almost clueless out on the field for the majority of games he played.

Says a lot about you football knowledge, he may not have been a champion (although he was an AA), but he was a hell of a leader.
Hi Frank. I am a football expert actually. Sorry if my post offended you. I did not realize he was an alcoholic. Pretty good effort to captain an AFL side under the circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back