Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a bit harsh considering he has only played a dozen AFL games but Fraser McInnes is one of the worst I have ever seen. Even for a big man.

His kicking is atrocious and his brain is incapable of keeping up with the pace of the game. His only strong point is that he can take a mark.

I genuinely hope he never plays for the Eagles again.

Mark Athorn. Soon as I saw him in the team for the 93 grand final I knew the Blues were cooked. Michael Long played on him and won the Norm Smith that day, mercifully ending Athorn's career in the process.

Richie Vandeberg?
I am pretty sure it was Jesse Sinclair who absolutley flattened lance Piaccone ( spelling is wrong).

Afterwards he was flying the flag trying to lay him out at every opportunity. It was like he forgot he was playing a game.

I liked his dedication to his team.

Jayson 'Jack' Daniels was putrid..

60800001-e1418855947849-760x438.jpg

The Brisbane Lions received Scott Bamford, John Barker, Brad Boyd, Nick Carter, Shane Clayton, Simon Hawking, Chris Johnson and Jarrod Molloy from Fitzroy in the merger. Molloy spent four seasons with the Lions but he went to Collingwood at the end of the 2000 season so missed out on the premierships.

John Barker only spent one season with Brisbane Lions before he was traded to Hawthorn. The player he was traded for was pretty useful to the Lions in the premiership years - Brad Scott (played in the 2001 and 2002 premierships and missed 2003 with injury). Fair to say that Barker was useful towards the premierships! :D

Brad Boyd was Fitzroy's last captain and he was a really good player, but injuries destroyed his career at the Lions and he retired at the end of 1999.
Yeah, Buckley went to Collingwood and missed 3 flags too! Lol

Probably a bit harsh considering he has only played a dozen AFL games but Fraser McInnes is one of the worst I have ever seen. Even for a big man.

His kicking is atrocious and his brain is incapable of keeping up with the pace of the game. His only strong point is that he can take a mark.

I genuinely hope he never plays for the Eagles again.
Yeah he’s bit of a battler that lad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun Hampson - so much potential, athleticism and size. Just never put it together. Promised and teased more than a burlesque show.

Managed to rip off Richmond (aka our trade bunnies) though, so it worked out ok in the end.

EFA

Amazing how a lot of very shite players play well enough at the right time to be premiership players

Like western bulldogs premiership full back Fletcher Roberts.

Seems a great guy but can’t hold his spot with us in our current malaise.

Performed so well he went kick chasing and his direct opponent kicked a goal in the first 15 seconds en route to 3 for the day, including the sealer in the last quarter where he ran from the back flank to the forward flank with no Leon Davis in sight.
I recall he was picking up his teammates player.
Wasn't his mess.
Goal was unavoidable
Don't recreate history.
2011 was a deserved victory for Geelong.
Davis was poor in 2002 and 2003..
(As were many unmentioned other Pies)
2011 he played his role well off half back and I recall him defending his opponent and not peeling off to get free.

Hope I'm not getting off topic

OP says 50 games or more.

And the correct answer is O'Shea.
Agreed. Cam O'shea
Dont know what he was like at port adealide but has been an unmitigated disaster at Carlton.
Literally turns the ball over, constantly giving away free kicks and generally caught out of position.
Genuinely more of a liability having him there then it would be one man down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back