List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A 2 year contract is hardly life binding. At the very least he doesn't perform in the 1's he would be solid for us in the 2's. If he is dominating the defence in VFL, he would be like the Berlin Wall back in the NEAFL.
His team are second last in VFL .I don't think you can said Dominating .

Edit for accuracy bottom 4 .

Another Holman type? Glad we are looking outside the box at these mature agers.

I saw this report too!
Perhaps Pickett and his manager should talk to Barlow and his manager to understand just how Dew and crew manage mature age inside mids. Maybe Pickett might like playing in the NEAFL too.
The Suns clearly are playing so well that they don't need mature bodied inside mids who pick up 30+ possessions - its all part of the cunning plan Baldrick said!

I saw this report too!
Perhaps Pickett and his manager should talk to Barlow and his manager to understand just how Dew and crew manage mature age inside mids. Maybe Pickett might like playing in the NEAFL too.
The Suns clearly are playing so well that they don't need mature bodied inside mids who pick up 30+ possessions - its all part of the cunning plan Baldrick said!
Different between a 26 year old and a 30 year old with multiple broken legs. I like Barlow, but if Pickett was to come in he could give 3-4 years of good service.

I like Barlow, but if Pickett was to come in he could give 3-4 years of good service.
As good as Wolfman Hallahan?
I think the Club hasn't realised that fast inside mids are a very very rare breed and have names like Ablett Selwood Cripps Dangerfield Sloane and Gaff
Saying a decent inside mid can't play because they lack pace is just ridiculous at our stage of development
Pleasingly, Brodie is showing he may be that mid for us
But there's no point playing pacey mids over ball-winners if they can't get the ball

Apparently Pickett hasn't got elite endurance like Barlow, but he's got pace, which is something most of our mids haven't. He's worth considering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different between a 26 year old and a 30 year old with multiple broken legs. I like Barlow, but if Pickett was to come in he could give 3-4 years of good service.

I agree that Pickett may well be able to give 3-4 years service but recruiting mature age players like Barlow and even Lyons and treating them like Baldrick has hardly encourages players to want to come to your club.
I can see why doesn't Barlow fit into Baldricks cunning plan of playing the kids for experience and having them getting smashed each week! Surely some mature talent to support the kids would not go astray if this is about them learning!
This latest cunning plan may well bear fruit but I probably won't live long enough to see it.
Remember the judgement Baldrick exercised when he had the opportunity to join the Demons and take over after Roos? He stayed at the Swans and then chose the Suns!
How many years closer to success are the Demons than the Suns?

I agree that Pickett may well be able to give 3-4 years service but recruiting mature age players like Barlow and even Lyons and treating them like Baldrick has hardly encourages players to want to come to your club.
I can see why doesn't Barlow fit into Baldricks cunning plan of playing the kids for experience and having them getting smashed each week! Surely some mature talent to support the kids would not go astray if this is about them learning!
This latest cunning plan may well bear fruit but I probably won't live long enough to see it.
Remember the judgement Baldrick exercised when he had the opportunity to join the Demons and take over after Roos? He stayed at the Swans and then chose the Suns!
How many years closer to success are the Demons than the Suns?

Just got sent a piece a friend saw on the AFL website. Somebody should send these names to Baldrick and co and beg them to do all they can to secure at least two of them.

All mature age players from WAFL ala Kelly.

Cody Leggett (Perth) - strong inside mid -22 yrs
Matthew Parker (South Freo) - 187cm, forward (24 goals in 15 matches) who loves a tackle - 22 yrs
Marlion Pickett (South Freo) - The Suns are supposedly after this guy which sounds like good news but so are WCE. Tough nut we need!
Hayden Schloithe (South Freo) - 2017 Sandover medalist, 25 yrs but still averaging just under 24 per game. Team mate of Tim Kelly who pipped him last year.
Tobe Watson - Forward compared to Jack Gunston, third tall averaging 5 marks per game - can also go back

We should be looking at these types of guys. They've been weaned of Mummy's tit for years and will play for money. Pay overs or trade smart plus grab one of those top kids for future insurance.

Apparently Pickett hasn't got elite endurance like Barlow, but he's got pace, which is something most of our mids haven't. He's worth considering.

I do not doubt that Pickett has things the Suns lack (its a long list) but treating mature players the way that Barlow has been treated does not make the Suns an attractive destination for other mature players
Just got sent a piece a friend saw on the AFL website. Somebody should send these names to Baldrick and co and beg them to do all they can to secure at least two of them.

All mature age players from WAFL ala Kelly.

Cody Leggett (Perth) - strong inside mid -22 yrs
Matthew Parker (South Freo) - 187cm, forward (24 goals in 15 matches) who loves a tackle - 22 yrs
Marlion Pickett (South Freo) - The Suns are supposedly after this guy which sounds like good news but so are WCE. Tough nut we need!
Hayden Schloithe (South Freo) - 2017 Sandover medalist, 25 yrs but still averaging just under 24 per game. Team mate of Tim Kelly who pipped him last year.
Tobe Watson - Forward compared to Jack Gunston, third tall averaging 5 marks per game - can also go back

We should be looking at these types of guys. They've been weaned of Mummy's tit for years and will play for money. Pay overs or trade smart plus grab one of those top kids for future insurance.

I agree that clubs are looking at these mature agers but how do you convince someone to come to your club when they see how other mature agers at your club have been treated?

I do not doubt that Pickett has things the Suns lack (its a long list) but treating mature players the way that Barlow has been treated does not make the Suns an attractive destination for other mature players

I agree that clubs are looking at these mature agers but how do you convince someone to come to your club when they see how other mature agers at your club have been treated?
How do Suns treat Holman?

Barlow was brought to Suns by Rocket not by Dew. That Barlow does not fit into Dew's plan does not mean he is treated badly. I still remember Barlow's interview before Christmas having only high praise for Dew. I respect people having opinion about should Barlow play or not but to say he is treated badly because he does not play is a stretch.

Last edited:

You're not Andrew Hamilton in disguise are you?

What do you think?
I don't know I can't find any reason to dropped Lyons and put Dawson in and the next following week drop Dawson out of the team . Maybe internally he tell Lyons that he want to look more closely at Lonergan and leslie type before making decisions on their career when season end .

Last edited:
if theres anyone GC should want out of the WAFL its Tyler Keitel from West Perth. 196cm 22year old, averaging 2.5 goals and 6 marks a game to lead the WAFL goalkicking.

Schloithe is a knob, theres a good reason noone grabbed him last year.

if theres anyone GC should want out of the WAFL its Tyler Keitel from West Perth. 196cm 22year old, averaging 2.5 goals and 6 marks a game to lead the WAFL goalkicking.
One year rookie contract maybe . Use to like him a lot looking at his stat and one day I saw him play and get so disappointed that I no longer like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back