Hawthorn vs Geelong MCG- Saturday July 20th 2019 - Edited Page 18 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If you like we can also add punching port fans in the face and putting holes in walls when your 10 goals up.
That was actually a Geelong fan wearing a port jumper on the night, who’d already had a crack a couple of players and other staff.

He deserved his punch in the face.

What do you see when you look at the Hawks team on paper?

Still solid across lots of the field. There's a few younger guys who I'm less familiar with.

The mids seem to drop off quickly (is that due to injuries?). Amazing that Burgoyne is still going and is in the midfield at 35.

Hawks to win comfortably, Geelong look cooked for mine. Start of our run to September, strong possibility not to drop another game this year especially when Sicily and McEvoy get back

Midfield for us is flying under the radar, isn't a hugely deep midfield but Is definitely more solid than even earlier in the year. Few of our supporters are either downplaying it tongue in cheek or just don't have much faith for some reason. Geelongs is better but it's not a significant gap. Kelly is the bloke I'm most concerned about. He will get off the leash and really hurt us I think. Our forward line is clicking though the past few weeks and the cats will have to kick a decent score to win this imo.

Midfield for us is flying under the radar, isn't a hugely deep midfield but Is definitely more solid than even earlier in the year. Few of our supporters are either downplaying it tongue in cheek or just don't have much faith for some reason. Geelongs is better but it's not a significant gap. Kelly is the bloke I'm most concerned about. He will get off the leash and really hurt us I think. Our forward line is clicking though the past few weeks and the cats will have to kick a decent score to win this imo.

Heard an interesting stat on kelly today. His disposal by foot is apparently 14%, so where is it he does the damage as I haven’t watched much of the cats this year.

Heard an interesting stat on kelly today. His disposal by foot is apparently 14%, so where is it he does the damage as I haven’t watched much of the cats this year.

14% doesn't sound right? He is a butcher no doubt, but 14% would be laughably bad. Personally think he can be a very good player once he tidies up his disposal, just hope its not this week haha

It could be close either way or a comfortable one to us.

I can’t see the cats get a hold of us. They just aren’t doing that against quality and getting luck or not getting luck in close games

Their luck is working in Canberra this weekend, which is a huge surprise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong can't beat this Hawthorn side handily tomorrow they have no business being in the finals anyway.

Yeah good one :$
What makes you think it should be a Comfortable win? Sicily is the big out for us and I would have said big boy as well but ceglar is doing well in his place. Could mount a case for Howe being a big out too I suppose as who do we choose to tag with, other than that there isn't much between the teams. Your gonna have to win the midfield battle easily to get a hold of us and it's not as bad as people are making out or it isn't as big an issue as it used to be.

You seem to endorse violence and aggression. Surely that's actually you Clarko?
In terms of pure mids we have 3 Mitchell, Jaeger and shiels, hybrid mids are Burgoyne, Worpel and Roughie (the ones that will push forward), we will probably run impey through there at stages as well. Not very deep but decent enough to be competitive with the 2 standouts leading the way.

14% doesn't sound right? He is a butcher no doubt, but 14% would be laughably bad. Personally think he can be a very good player once he tidies up his disposal, just hope its not this week haha

Yep that stat is wrong - heard it on SEN this morning but just checked the afl site and it’s 63% only better than Jermaine Jones, Cockatoo and McCarthy

Grand final type match ....yes from 3 years ago ....lol

Lol bahhhhhaaaaa lol please tell me when to stop laughing
These two teams are making up numbers

Was quietly confident until I saw the in's and out's from last game. On paper they are well ahead but for whatever reason have not been able to put it together consistently. We are in decent form but imo Geelongs best is better. What Geelong turns up is the real question.
However if we win I believe we are a fantastic chance of Top 4 and their season will rely on other teams losing to make finals. Huge game

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

Capture4.png

None of these are smashings, they were all in it to the last Q.

ok good call... I´ll just shut up

Was quietly confident until I saw the in's and out's from last game. On paper they are well ahead but for whatever reason have not been able to put it together consistently. We are in decent form but imo Geelongs best is better. What Geelong turns up is the real question.
However if we win I believe we are a fantastic chance of Top 4 and their season will rely on other teams losing to make finals. Huge game

agree...Geelong are better...but fk me u never know if they are going to turn up... same can be said for hawthorn.. * I can't pick this

Geelong Vs The Umpires

It's going to be a salivating contest, absolutely mouthwatering.

Grand final type match ....yes from 3 years ago ....lol

Lol bahhhhhaaaaa lol please tell me when to stop laughing
These two teams are making up numbers

Let’s not get into teams making up numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back