Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
His forward half work today is what will make him a better player than Cripps. His outside game is developing rapidly
Along with his kicking and the media is still behind in recognising this. That kick to spargo was sublime

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
His forward half work today is what will make him a better player than Cripps. His outside game is developing rapidly
Along with his kicking and the media is still behind in recognising this. That kick to spargo was sublime
Was sitting on the pocket where he kicked that. Perfect kick.

He is so clean and nimble. Amazes me every week.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Will go down as the best player in MFC history when he retires

thinksmart.png

Yeah they put that stat out a few weeks ago I think. He started the year ranked 63rd (across his last 40 games over 2 years) ... he’s now 4th
I still can’t believe he is barely 21. How the hell does he improve from here? Because he will but he is already brilliant

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I still can’t believe he is barely 21. How the hell does he improve from here? Because he will but he is already brilliant
I’m trying to work out what he can’t do.

Does he kick off both sides? I don’t recall him doing so? Ha! A flaw!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The size and power of this kid really occurred to me this weekend.

He tackled an eagles bloke and just ******* rag dolled him, he's gonna be like Fyfe.

There was a clearance he won where he kicked it inside 50 and then followed up and hit the ball at a million miles an hour and found another dees player.

Phwooooar

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

He tackled an eagles bloke and just ******* rag dolled him, he's gonna be like Fyfe.

There was a clearance he won where he kicked it inside 50 and then followed up and hit the ball at a million miles an hour and found another dees player.

Phwooooar

His agility is almost the best I’ve ever seen in a midfielder, just reacts so quickly once the ball hits the deck.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Phwooooar
I replayed the second one about three times last night. I think it was the 2nd quarter. What was mad about it is how he even showed up in the forward fifty in that time. Teleported or something. It was like he won the clearance and thumped the ball forward and seconds later he steals the ball from the defender. Somehow covered the ground in what felt like 4 seconds.

I remember when it happened because the Dees player he found was Kent. Exactly at the moment that I was grumbling that Kent hadn’t done much. Kent drilled it to Milkshakes - goal.

My entire head is taken up with this kind of detailed recollection. No wonder I can’t remember my password for myGov

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I genuinely laughed out loud several times at this kid and his freakish hand/eye coordination.

I even made my wife stop what she was doing so I could replay that collect and spin move so she could marvel at it with me.

Love Clarry.
Did you eventually piss her off?

I can say with some certainty that I got on the nerves of at least 6 people by replaying key Oliver moments from the game for collective appreciation. I was well pleased with this result.

Last edited:
Did you eventually piss her off?

I can say with some certainty that I got on the nerves of at least 6 people by replaying key Oliver more moments from the game for collective appreciation. I was well pleased with this result.
Yes indeed. She changed rooms.

Back