Hawthorn vs Geelong MCG- Saturday July 20th 2019 - Edited Page 18 current discussion

Fabes

All Australian
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wouldn't wanna play Geelong again. Only managed to pinch the game in Perth due to having no bench for half the game. WCE has gone downhill since then too. Will do nothing in the finals.
Geelong are hard to read. One week they're mixing it with the best and the next they're dropping games you'd expect them to win.

Could have won it against Richmond. Unlucky against West Coast. Scraped over the line against Melbourne. Well beaten by Essendon.

It's almost as though they "psyche" themselves up for the "big" games but don't respect the teams they feel aren't a threat. No disrespect here btw mate - just my opinion based on observation.

What I can say is based on the above alone: Richmond, West Coast and Melbourne would not want to face them in finals, if they make finals (which I suspect they will make finals). Cheers.

Isaba

Team Captain
Jul 28, 2018
Cap Dagde, France
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not suprising, a hawks fan thinks it more acceptable to abuse an U9’s umpire than have a giffable face in a coaches box.

Says a lot really
Never said it was acceptable. Clarkson doesn't abuse U9s coaches weekly, whereas Chris Scott acts unprofessionally every week. I suppose he's consistent.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Never said it was acceptable. Clarkson doesn't abuse U9s coaches weekly, whereas Chris Scott acts unprofessionally every week. I suppose he's consistent.

The best coach in the nrl - arguably ever if he continues the way he’s gone for the last 13 years - has spent half his career turning the air blue in the coach’s box either in exasperation at his own team, or the men making the decisions. Don’t really see how it is unprofessional.

Fabes

All Australian
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The best coach in the nrl - arguably ever if he continues the way he’s gone for the last 13 years - has spent half his career turning the air blue in the coach’s box either in exasperation at his own team, or the men making the decisions. Don’t really see how it is unprofessional.
Who's that mate? I don't follow NRL but are you talking about Wayne Bennett or the Melbourne Coach (forget his name).

If so they've been around for longer than 13 years yeah? Cheers

I disagree. I think Hawthorn are a very good team, however a handful of guns aside, I don't think a lot of the rest are much chop.

Clarko!

Bit like the cats really

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawkins has been in great form but I feel like Frawley will go ok against him.

If we can slow the ball movement inside 50 for the Cats and curtail the damage of Menzel and Danger (when forward) then I think we keep them to a score we beat.
Just checked and Frawley didn’t play in Rd 2. And Porkins scoreed 1.1. We’ll need a big game from Frawley this time. Porkins had a quiet game last week and he often lifts against us.

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Unprofessionally as in belting holes in coaches box walls with his fist and pushing opposition supporters forcefully?

Don't confuse passion with unprofessionalism. Scott's a passionate coach which isn't a bad thing. And he is respectful. Hardwick and Clarkson could take a leaf out of his book when they roll up to press conferences making excuses.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
McEvoy along with Mitchell destroyed Geelong earlier in the year so McEvoy out is big for Geelong and don't forget Stanley's career best form of the last 6 or so weeks. Let's hope having last week off hasn't killed Stanley's momentum. Let's see if Hawkins picks up his form again after a quiet one last week, he too has been in career best form for a couple of months before last week.

Sicily out is huge too, the kid's an absolute gun.

Another epic on the cards.

Yeah this is why I tipped Geelong. McEvoy is so crucial and he would of been able to run with Stanley too. I've been amazed we have been playing so well with both he and Sicily out the past month.

Hawkins doesn't concern me too much, I think Frawley is a good matchup for him but he is still sure to kick 2 or 3.

We just need to attack.

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Grand final type match ....yes from 3 years ago ....lol

Lol bahhhhhaaaaa lol please tell me when to stop laughing
These two teams are making up numbers
Let’s face it. With your recent injuries and suspension, and the MCG, I’d say you’re pretty much making up the numbers too.

Oct 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Lightning
Hawkins doesn't concern me too much, I think Frawley is a good matchup for him but he is still sure to kick 2 or 3.
Agree. If we do okay today, I think it will be our second string forwards.

Wouldn't be surprised if Henry or Menzel or even Danger has a big game and Hawkins pushes up the ground a bit.

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Hawks and Geelong will be cannon fodder sorry
If either of these teams met WC in a final at the MCG it'd be cannon home all the way to Perth for the Eagles. Even if they met in Perth I'd be still confident of a win. It took 3 injuries for you blokes to beat us last time.

Unprofessionally as in belting holes in coaches box walls with his fist and pushing opposition supporters forcefully?

Don't confuse passion with unprofessionalism. Scott's a passionate coach which isn't a bad thing. And he is respectful. Hardwick and Clarkson could take a leaf out of his book when they roll up to press conferences making excuses.

Good lord - what are you smoking. There’s been commentary all week about his lack of respect

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I fancy us today. We were unlucky last week and showed good signs. I think we'll get the chocolates in this one.

I will add though I admire the Hawkers. We've had many great contests for decades now but more so the last one in particular. And, as I did predict:pHawthorn has defied critics and expectations this season and competed exceptionally well.

Looking forward to a spectacular game.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

We had some beauties in the 90's. Not the 115 point drubbing where Dunstall kicked 12.4 in the Grand Final rematch of round 1, 1990 though:huh:

1991 semi final - Hawks by 2 points

Round 1 1992 - Hawks overcome a 28 point half time deficit to win 21.15 to 18.13 and as he did in round 1, 1990, Dunstall again kicked 12.4 wtf. Dunstall kicked 9 goals against us later in the year at Kardinia. Ablett actually played on him for a bit.

round 7 1995 - hawks win by 5 at our home ground

A 2 point win the next year in 1996 for the Hawks again at our home ground.

1997 - a one goal win for the hawks at Princess Park

1999 - a 2 point win at kardinia again and in the video above also beat us by 2 points in the return fixture.

For *s sake how many times did they beat us at Kardinia by under a goal. So many close games.

* you Hawthorn:D:thumbsu:

rjslcM

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2008
Glen Waverly
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia, Roger Federer.

:eek:

R u fn serious

:tearsofjoy:

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong are hard to read. One week they're mixing it with the best and the next they're dropping games you'd expect them to win.

Could have won it against Richmond. Unlucky against West Coast. Scraped over the line against Melbourne. Well beaten by Essendon.

It's almost as though they "psyche" themselves up for the "big" games but don't respect the teams they feel aren't a threat. No disrespect here btw mate - just my opinion based on observation.

What I can say is based on the above alone: Richmond, West Coast and Melbourne would not want to face them in finals, if they make finals (which I suspect they will make finals). Cheers.

I agree with the psyching themselves up for the big games. They are suspect the week after a Hawthorn game and coming off a bye. I think Geelong wouldn't mind meeting Richmond and West Coast but Melbourne has pretty much outplayed Geelong in both encounters this year but somehow managed to * both games up.

Back